LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Who's impressed with this win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's impressed with this win?

I definitely expected more but let's not forget a few things:

This wasn't the Raiders or some other bottom tier team we played. This was last year's #1 seed . Despite their record they have talent on O.

Falcons had a lot (emotionally) to play for. We ended their superbowl run. Tony G was supposed to go out on top and in one play we killed that dream.

It's MNF. No one wants to look stupid in the spotlight. This was the falcons championship.

The only thing that scares me is the D. It just reminds me too much of last year where our O was carrying us. The O played extremely well, even in the first half. Had a few of those passes been caught it would have been a different story. Apart from maybe 2-3 passes most were catchable and Gore was running well.

I think we all got caught up in the hype of MNF, the aura of the last game at the stick, and overlooked a team with some real talent despite their record.

Next week will be the real test. The Cardinals are playing some good D. If our O can put points up on them I'll be happy. Our D better not let Mr 4 picks Palmer make a fool of them.
Falcons have been down this year but Matty Ice was on fire. I'm sorry that was some playoff calibur QBing on Atlanta's side. We could have played better on D in the second half. Really if we recover that on sides kick nobody would have batted an eye. We got a few bum calls too. Not everything went our way. Ryan played awesome. The O was out of synch in the first half but we dug out a tough win. We are one game out of first place right now. I'm stoked. I believe in this team.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
I definitely expected more but let's not forget a few things:

This wasn't the Raiders or some other bottom tier team we played. This was last year's #1 seed . Despite their record they have talent on O.

Falcons had a lot (emotionally) to play for. We ended their superbowl run. Tony G was supposed to go out on top and in one play we killed that dream.

It's MNF. No one wants to look stupid in the spotlight. This was the falcons championship.

The only thing that scares me is the D. It just reminds me too much of last year where our O was carrying us. The O played extremely well, even in the first half. Had a few of those passes been caught it would have been a different story. Apart from maybe 2-3 passes most were catchable and Gore was running well.

I think we all got caught up in the hype of MNF, the aura of the last game at the stick, and overlooked a team with some real talent despite their record.

Next week will be the real test. The Cardinals are playing some good D. If our O can put points up on them I'll be happy. Our D better not let Mr 4 picks Palmer make a fool of them.
That was my biggest concern last night.. The defense was being eaten alive by Roddy White all night long. You would think the coaches would devise a game plan to atleast take him out of the game. Instead we just sat back and let Matty ice pick us apart all night long. Please don't let this be a precursor to the playoffs..
Originally posted by jays9ers:
That was my biggest concern last night.. The defense was being eaten alive by Roddy White all night long. You would think the coaches would devise a game plan to atleast take him out of the game. Instead we just sat back and let Matty ice pick us apart all night long. Please don't let this be a precursor to the playoffs..
Honestly I can't even Fault the players themselves for that terrible D. They can only play the way they are told to play. It's like Fangio forgot who was in that team. Matt Ryan is definitely a NFL caliber QB and when you give his receivers, one being a HOFer and th e other a top level WR, this huge cushion Matty will find them all day.
A win is a win!
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Pulled out a win against a team that had SB aspirations at hte beginning of the season and one of the best Defenses in the NFL.

'Nuff said.

Plus any team with Gonzales Ryan white and Jackson as it's weapons will win a lot of games period. That offense is as good any we will face in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
A win is a win!
I fully agree and man that was an exciting game. I enjoyed that game far more than I would have if it was a blowout. Not to mention, you really don't learn anything in a blow out. This kind of game will open our coaches eyes (hopefully). We're heading into the playoffs where there's no second chances and not every time are we going to get a lucky break the way we did. Better to work the kinks out now and there were definitely some kinks in the defensive plan.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
big players make big plays and that is what we saw at crunch time last night,, a linebacker has to bail out our offensive coordinator
I'm impressed. One day our coaches/coordinates will realize just how many great players we have and use them accordingly.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm impressed. One day our coaches/coordinates will realize just how many great players we have and use them accordingly.

Case of the dropsies will ruin every great offense

5 wins in a row. Some wins look better than others, the fact that we grinded it out means more than statistics
Roman and Fangio need to step their game up. The pass rush, particularly Aldon Smith need to step their game up. Colin Kaepernick needs to be more consistent and even better for the playoffs.
If you look at the big picture and the statement, then you have to love this game. That play gave us a shot of energy that no dose of adderall in this world could give us!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Roman and Fangio need to step their game up. The pass rush, particularly Aldon Smith need to step their game up. Colin Kaepernick needs to be more consistent and even better for the playoffs.
roman is beyond hope and help in my opinion,, the rest of your statements are true. again i am just so happy to be in the playoffs after the adversity this year. i do not care if we are a one five or six seed, i do not care where we go or who we play.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

ATL played way beyond their means last night...this was their payback from last year and they almost pulled it off
Share 49ersWebzone