LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Who's impressed with this win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who's impressed with this win?

Originally posted by jays9ers:
Lack of throwing options will come back to haunt us. relying on 2 wr's coming off serious injuries may not be the answer. I'd like to see us go after a starting quality wr via trade.. This is a problem people.... except it

Except what?
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
6 completions tonight...... 6.......

Stats are for losers!!!

Want a box of tissue's cry baby?

Oh really? Find me a play off or super bowl won with 6 completions. No one is crying over here just stating facts. The offense has not logged with the exception of the GB game..
Here's one with 9 .

The Pittsburgh Steelers won Super Bowl XL 21-10 over the Seattle Seahawks in Detroit on February 5, 2006. Roethlisberger had one of the worst passing games of his career, completing just nine of 21 passes for 123 yards and two interceptions; his passer rating of 22.6 was the lowest in Super Bowl history by a winning quarterback.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
We're all happy with the win. And it's great we blew out a good Houston team on national. For our street cred.

But the elephant in the room is our offensive play calling and passing execution. There's no geting around that and yesterday was another dismal example, frankly.

We will be exposed with this soon enough. Maybe as early as this week. Arizona looks like they are picking up some steam.

A lot of posters are calling 6-2 after this game, resurrecting the how many blowouts thread, whatever.

Any ideas about how to make it better? Does anyone think we need additional assistants on staff?

My take is to look at the St Louis game as a model. If we can control the ground, we will look good and Frank will have a 1000+ year.

If we can't (i.e. Houston) then we need to be +2 - +4 turnovers a chance of winning.

That is also assuming no pass rush. We went from (5 ST Louis to 1 v Houston.)

Although, I give Fangio some credit. He was desperately moving around his players toward the end of the game trying to get something going.

Didn't really deliver the goods, but he was trying something new. That gets points from me. We need more of that.

Perhaps, but I also believe the low passing numbers resulted from the dominance in the running game. The o-line was mandhandling the Texans running the ball that they didn't need to pass.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Lack of throwing options will come back to haunt us. relying on 2 wr's coming off serious injuries may not be the answer. I'd like to see us go after a starting quality wr via trade.. This is a problem people.... except it

Except what?

I refuse to accept that except has the same meaning as accept Although, maybe except (to exclude or omit) is actually not a bad idea
double post smdh
[ Edited by swayze on Oct 7, 2013 at 6:33 AM ]

Except what?

except if gire
Well, in retrospect, Kap should have something closer to 18-22 with 3 tds passing and 1 td rushing regardless if he only had 15 passing attempts. The score should have been at least 52 to top denver and kap should have thrown over 500 yards to show up romo. After the game Harbaugh should have punked Wade Phillips for good measure.

Overall grade F-. Trade Kap for Yates immediately before the Texans figure out what a gem they have on the bench.
[ Edited by fister30 on Oct 7, 2013 at 6:39 AM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I'm happy we won. Defense played a great game. That's all I have to say.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. The 49ers secondary played him A LOT better than Seattle did. Schaub has over 300 yards passing against the Seahawks, he was lighting them up early in the game. Tonight, Brown and Brock played very well against two legit, high quality NFL receivers. Their TE's were locked down mostly, their #2 TE who tore Seattle a new one, did he even have a catch tonight? This defense beasted and kept a quality offense out of the endzone all game long.

We seriously need a sub-forum for all the whiny little girls whose panties are trapped in their butt cracks, this is just horrible, this much crying, wailing and gnashing of teeth after a HUGE WIN....are people serious with this crap?

Some guys knowledge of football stops at Madden, we must humor them even when they go full on Po-tay-to.

Now, I am kind of surprised that someone like CCIOWA for instance hasn't cut in on this and told you that we DO have such a forum ..,.....,.,

!!
It's happened.. After 9 years reading this board, I've now lost the ability to tell sarcasm here... How can you not be impressed? Because Kap only completed 6 passes? He didn't even need to pass, I don't understand the big deal... We won, against a quality opponent that went toe to toe (and dominated for the most part) the Seahawks.. The Texans had no answer for our defense or running game, so why pass just to get Kap his stats? That happened against Indy and look what happened.. We complain about the coaching not giving Gore enough reps in a loss, now we complain about the coaching not giving enough passes to Kap in a win..

Originally posted by joseglopez00:
It's happened.. After 9 years reading this board, I've now lost the ability to tell sarcasm here... How can you not be impressed? Because Kap only completed 6 passes? He didn't even need to pass, I don't understand the big deal... We won, against a quality opponent that went toe to toe (and dominated for the most part) the Seahawks.. The Texans had no answer for our defense or running game, so why pass just to get Kap his stats? That happened against Indy and look what happened.. We complain about the coaching not giving Gore enough reps in a loss, now we complain about the coaching not giving enough passes to Kap in a win..

Yes but it was only the Texans.

Engage sarcasm detector
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by joseglopez00:

Yes but it was only the Texans.

Engage sarcasm detector

McCoy had a better performance last night.....
Bowman is obviously the best Linebacker in the game right now ...he has complete command of the field
Originally posted by jreff22:
D was great IMO. Run game was great. Passing game is s**t.

Win is a win and i will take it!!

pretty much what i saw, if we cannot get the run game going we going to struggle because our wide outs are crap besides boldin.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by jreff22:
D was great IMO. Run game was great. Passing game is s**t.

Win is a win and i will take it!!

pretty much what i saw, if we cannot get the run game going we going to struggle because our wide outs are crap besides boldin.

Once Crabtree and Mario are back , our playbook will expand and Kaeperknick will have more options

I'm not b***hing , but I'd like to see McDonald get more involved in the passing game, throw him a bone here and there, he's got skills to help sharpen our attack
Share 49ersWebzone