Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Pay seymour.

With less than $2 million in cap room, what are you smoking?

Cut Nambdi, then sign Seymour.............

Nmandi is a vet. Since he was on the team week 1 his full salary is guaranteed.

We got Nnamdi for pretty much nothing, he'll be an asset towards the end of the season and possibly the playoffs. He will be needed against the Saints and Falcons.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Crazy...your losing depth at CB and we play the Saints and Falcons later in the year and probably the playoffs.
Originally posted by Since07:
Very optimistic!
LOL! If you ever played ball you know that towards the end of the season, you body starts telling you things that you don't want to hear. Like "GIVE ME A REST or I'LL DIE!"

This Bim Bam Bee kick them in the knee, Bim Bam Bash kick them in the other knee ... rah, rah sis boom bah can only last so long. It gets to a point where your body won't want to cooperate with you.

This is when the REAL season begins and you have to gut it out ... and the fresher you are .. the better the odds. Beat up teams usually fade in the end.

REALLY, REALLY hard to keep your focus and MOTIVATION when everything hurts except for what under the cup. LOL! and even that may not be in great shape.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Oct 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM ]
Any update on Ray Mac? I assume Harbaugh will have an update in his presser today.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by Since07:
Very optimistic!
LOL! If you ever played ball you know that towards the end of the season, you body starts telling you things that you don't want to hear. Like "GIVE ME A REST or I'LL DIE!"

This Bim Bam Bee kick them in the knee, Bim Bam Bash kick them in the other knee ... rah, rah sis boom bah can only last so long. It gets to a point where your body won't want to cooperate with you.

This is when the REAL season begins and you have to gut it out ... and the fresher you are .. the better the odds. Beat up teams usually fade in the end.

REALLY, REALLY hard to keep your focus and MOTIVATION when everything hurts except for what under the cup. LOL! and even that may not be in great shape.

Started drinking early today?
We can't afford to sign anyone except for a vet minimum.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Kevin Lynch ‏@klynch49

Harbaugh said Dial is up to nearly 350 "and moving real well" Would be an interior d-line man when he's ready.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Any update on Ray Mac? I assume Harbaugh will have an update in his presser today.

San Francisco 49ers @49ers
Harbaugh had no update on #49ers DT Ray McDonald (biceps). Team is awaiting MRI results on injury.
Originally posted by Jcool:

San Francisco 49ers @49ers
Harbaugh had no update on #49ers DT Ray McDonald (biceps). Team is awaiting MRI results on injury.

Dammit .. I need to know. I can't concentrate at work until I know.

Nothing on Ray Mac yet. Geez.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Kevin Lynch ‏@klynch49

Harbaugh said Dial is up to nearly 350 "and moving real well" Would be an interior d-line man when he's ready.

Wow, THAT is a real 2-gap NT right there. How AWESOME would that be if he could play well there? The one thing we really sruggle with is stopping those big power running teams. How helpful would it be to have a monster in there who can help Justin and McDonald/Dorsey/TJE and equally important, in short yardage, goal line situations and ESPECIALLY help the outside pass rushers who get there and then the QB just steps up.
Dobbs is just terrible as a DLineman. Dial will have his spot soon
Glad we dodged a bullet with McDonald. I'd say it will be DE: McDonald, Smith, Carradine (eventually 3rd), TJE, Dobbs NT: Dorsey, Dial.
I see us cutting other positions before cutting Dobbs or TJE. I think we keep 6 DL until we are forced to cut one of them when guys come back later. So even if Dobbs lasts this year or most of this year I dont see him being back next year though since he is a FA. TJE is signed through 2014 so if he sticks throughout the year he he will likely compete against a rookie to make the team next year. Next yeah I see it as DE: McDonald, Smith, Carradine, Rookie (high as 3rd rd) and/or TJE NT: Dorsey, Dial, Williams. Depending on how Dorsey and Dial play at NT we might think about putting Williams back at DE. He could stay at NT as well and play both. Either way McDonald, Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Dial, Williams will likely be on the team. Since Williams can probably play NT and DE we might only keep 1 more player which would be a rookie as high as probably the 3rd. If it's a late round pick then then TJE probably beats him out and gets the last spot. Could keep both and 8 DL.

If I had to guess what it would be next year I'd say:
McDonald, Dial/Dorsey (split time), Smith, Carradine (backs up DE, maybe both spots), Williams (backup NT/backup DE), 3rd-4th Round Rookie DE. Outside shot we keep 8 and someone like TJE or a late rookie or UDFA.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 8, 2013 at 8:58 PM ]
mcdonalds bicep is torn but he said it hasnt effected him yet. i dont know if its smart to play on it tho, he should get it fixed and be back for the playoffs hopefully. justin smiths injury last year weakened him a lot even if he played through it he wasnt very effective. we have tank coming back and dial's big ass is supposedly moving well for a fatass 350 pounder lol. were getting stronger at DL but i hope mcdonald doesnt f**k himself up more by playing on it
Share 49ersWebzone