There are 162 users in the forums

PFF 49ers Ranking (thanks Phoenix49ers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fryet
  • Veteran
How did Kilgore look? Could he be a future replacement for Iupati? I worry that he will want more money than he is worth.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers results against the Arizona Cardinals for Week 6

Top 3 ranked 49ers on offense

1. Joe Staley 4.8 Staley has been on fire lately, did well in both run-blocking and pass-blocking.
2. Anthony Davis 3.8 Had a great game, bouncing back from a nightmare of a game against Houston.
3. Vernon Davis 3.5 Self-explanatory, hamstring seems to be doing better.

Lowest 3 ranked 49ers on offense

1. Mike Iupati -2.8 Iupati continues to have a bad season as a pass-blocker.
2. Anquan Boldin -2.5 Got hammered for his run blocking and missing some key blocks during the game.
3. Alex Boone -1.2 Struggled in run blocking.

Top 3 ranked 49ers on defense

1. Carlos Rogers 4.5 He got beat on one long pass but otherwise he was basically shutting everything else down yesterday.
2. Corey Lemonier 3.7 Did well in every manner possible yesterday.
3. Eric Reid 3.0 Rookie is already looking like an All-Pro.

Lowest 3 ranked 49ers on defense

1. Dan Skuta -1.5
2. Tony Jerod-Eddie -1.2
3. N/A(Nobody else qualified)

I "love" that you do this for us Pheonix. Can you highlight my boy Brooks for me if you get a chance?

I know that for the first game with Aldon in rehab, the Rams game, Fangio used Brooks over at the WILL and he lead the team in tackles, had 1.5 sacks, TFL, QB hits/pressures, PD, stellar in the run game as always BUT only played, I'm guessing, 50% of the time there...the rest was his usual spot over at the SAM. How did he grade out there? And then, Fangio played him almost exclusively back at the SAM again for both the Texans and Cards games but I noticed he was in coverage a lot more...covering TE's and WR's (like yesterday).

What is your makeup on this, his grades over the past 3 games now with Aldon out and how Fangio is using him?
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM ]
Originally posted by fryet:
How did Kilgore look? Could he be a future replacement for Iupati? I worry that he will want more money than he is worth.

It's tough to get a read on subs that don't play many snaps but overall PFF has him with a -2.1 rating for the season, mostly due to struggles in run blocking. I looked closer and his worst games were the first two of the season, since then he's played about average.

Iupati has done very well in run-blocking but very poorly as a pass blocker thus far this season.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I "love" that you do this for us Pheonix. Can you highlight my boy Brooks for me if you get a chance?

I know that for the first game with Aldon in rehab, the Rams game, Fangio used Brooks over at the WILL and he lead the team in tackles, had 1.5 sacks, TFL, QB hits/pressures, PD, stellar in the run game as always BUT only played, I'm guessing, 50% of the time there...the rest was his usual spot over at the SAM. How did he grade out there? And then, Fangio played him almost exclusively back at the SAM again for both the Texans and Cards games but I noticed he was in coverage a lot more...covering TE's and WR's (like yesterday).

What is your makeup on this, his grades over the past 3 games now with Aldon out and how Fangio is using him?

Overall, Brooks had a decent game against the Cardinals, PFF rated him highly for his pass rushing in the game but he got dinged for penalties. He received basically a neutral grade in terms of stuffing the run.

As far as the past 3 games..and the season as a whole, his pass rushing rating has been improved almost every single game, the highest was against the Cardinals, the lowest on the season was against Indy.

Conversely though, his rating on stopping the run has been going down, he hit a high of 2.5 against Seattle which is excellent but finished the Cardinals game with a -0.3 which is basically average.

He did have a season high in QB hurries with 3 against the Cardinals and received a 0.6 in pass coverage which is solid for an OLB.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Overall, Brooks had a decent game against the Cardinals, PFF rated him highly for his pass rushing in the game but he got dinged for penalties. He received basically a neutral grade in terms of stuffing the run.

As far as the past 3 games..and the season as a whole, his pass rushing rating has been improved almost every single game, the highest was against the Cardinals, the lowest on the season was against Indy.

Conversely though, his rating on stopping the run has been going down, he hit a high of 2.5 against Seattle which is excellent but finished the Cardinals game with a -0.3 which is basically average.

He did have a season high in QB hurries with 3 against the Cardinals and received a 0.6 in pass coverage which is solid for an OLB.

Thanks P! I figured his Rams (do you mean Rams, not Cards?) performance would be off the charts that game...I love that they look at coverage, even for an OLB. I wonder if they grade differently for 3-4 OLBs than CB's or S's...even ILB's since it's expected much more from them.

Yeah he's been a jack of all trades lately. I'm wondering now if the Skuta/Lemonier combination from the Rams game on has forced Fangio to move Brooks back to the SAM and even play more in coverage d/t the Willis injury/need there?
Hey Phoenix 49ers where the f**k are your PFF numbers for your draft crush Daaa'Rick Rogers?????? LMFAO!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Hey Phoenix 49ers where the f**k are your PFF numbers for your draft crush Daaa'Rick Rogers?????? LMFAO!!!!!!!!

• thl408
Hey Phoenix, can you please post the PFF numbers for the Oline vs CAR once (if) they are available? I am interested in seeing how they graded Goodwin and Iupati. My eye observation tells me they should have some extremely crappy grades as they got worked by the CAR DTs. TIA
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:

We all miss on prospects in the draft. Even people who are paid a lot of money as scouts miss. Until you contribute as much as Phoenix and others have to the draft forums, you just sound ridiculous and bitter. I get a kick out of you trying to belittle respected posters in some pathetic attempt to elevate your status on these boards. Your a joke man. Go away already.
Disappointing to say the least.

1. Glenn Dorsey +10.7
2. Patrick Willis +8.4
3. Donte Whitner +8.3
4. NaVorro Bowman +8.2
5. Justin Smith +7.7
6. Tramaine Brock +6.9
7. Ahmad Brooks + 5.3
8T. Aldon Smith +4.9
8T. Dan Skuta +4.9
10. Eric Reid +4.1
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
We all miss on prospects in the draft. Even people who are paid a lot of money as scouts miss. Until you contribute as much as Phoenix and others have to the draft forums, you just sound ridiculous and bitter. I get a kick out of you trying to belittle respected posters in some pathetic attempt to elevate your status on these boards. Your a joke man. Go away already.

Too late, he already got banned, although not without first sending me a very "colorfully" worded goodbye message, dude was stalking me around here for like a month.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
1. Glenn Dorsey +10.7
2. Patrick Willis +8.4
3. Donte Whitner +8.3
4. NaVorro Bowman +8.2
5. Justin Smith +7.7
6. Tramaine Brock +6.9
7. Ahmad Brooks + 5.3
8T. Aldon Smith +4.9
8T. Dan Skuta +4.9
10. Eric Reid +4.1
Offense?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Too late, he already got banned, although not without first sending me a very "colorfully" worded goodbye message, dude was stalking me around here for like a month.

Oh ic. Just noticed the date of his post. Glad he is gone.
PFF has Kaep as the 3rd highest in time allowed to throw, FWIW.

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Offense?

Staley = 19.5
Gore = 10.3
VD = 7.8
Miller = 7.2
Snyder = 3.2
Boldin = 1.8

about 7 more or "meh" and then it dips into the red.
Share 49ersWebzone