There are 148 users in the forums

Can someone explain this to me??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Oh no, our #3 QB was claimed off waivers. The sky is falling.

you focus on the wrong part, its the replacing of QB 3 with a QB5
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I dare you to do it

i would. just ask them to focus on the task at hand, make all the moves you want to before the 1st official game.
"Just now playing Baldwin"?

Not sure what your expectation is, but a receiver who doesn't know the routes is less value than a kicker who can't kick. Personally I was not unimpressed with the speed with which they got him involved.
These trades and adds/drops are f**kin annoying now. Get rid of a QB3 who looked promising as hell for Skelton? Neither was gonna see the field this season so why not Daniels? He is definitely a lot better. Anyone who watched the preseason would know that.

Baalke actin like this is Madden.
Our FO has to make tough decisions on a regular basis in order to maintain what they believe is the best roster for this team. It's easy for us to sit behind our keyboards and cry over players we had a crush on because of some limited preseason action. I liked BJ Daniels based on what I saw in the preseason. But in the end, BJ Daniels was not going to be active anytime soon and was not ready to play in a regular season NFL game should anything happen to the QB's in front of him. The coaching staff does not have a lot of confidence in McCoy and wanted to bring in someone they felt could possibly better fit that No.2 QB role this year. There aren't exactly a lot of Steve Youngs and Joe Montanas sitting around waiting for the 49ers to call them. They have to go with what is available, and pick the best option there. They had to take a risk with BJ Daniels in order to sign Skelton. But the risk was minimal because BJ Daniels is a project at best at this point and will not suddenly upgrade anyone's roster.

As for other cuts, the FO cannot predict injuries and other issues that may arise throughout the season which may cause them to lose players. They were not going to keep more than 4 OLBs, so they were only going to keep their best 4 OLBs. Haralson and Cam Johnson did not make the cut, period, time to get over it. Now that Aldon had his off field issue, which is not something that was predicted by the FO, they had to bring an additional body at that position. It happens everywhere, woopti doo, I think we can move on. Neither Haralson nor Cam Johnson were going to make that great of an impact or that much of a difference in the talent level on this team. I don't understand all this complaining over what is really a non-issue.

I think more important matters right now are how we scheme against the Texans, how Kap is going to perform, whether our running game will continue to produce, how our defense will stop their passing offense, etc. Roster moves are not something that we can have a lot of knowledge about because we are not with these players on a daily basis, as are the coaches.
what if we had signed jamarcus russell? how bad would the outrage be?
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
Maybe BJ was the problem all along and Kaep was feeling the pressure, so they brought in a slow white guy to make him feel more secure?

maybe BJ asked to leave ?
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I dare you to do it

i would. just ask them to focus on the task at hand, make all the moves you want to before the 1st official game.

And after that, when an injury happens, when players hit problems or lose form, when other teams appear to have made you, then what?

Whinge all you want, people, bottom line is, we don't know the full story behind any of these developments. And up to very recently Baalke was very highly rated. Not just here. But now a couple of third stringers have gone, for whatever reason, and people talk like they want to storm the citadel.
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
These trades and adds/drops are f**kin annoying now. Get rid of a QB3 who looked promising as hell for Skelton? Neither was gonna see the field this season so why not Daniels? He is definitely a lot better. Anyone who watched the preseason would know that.

Baalke actin like this is Madden.

No. You are acting like it is Madden. Baalke is acting like it is his job.
this team is full of potato.

Dammit english beat me too it.
Don't forget about Marcus Cooper. He stepped into the starting lineup and locked down Hakeem Nicks. This big kid has the Chiefs really excited for his future!

On top of that we had a decent backup QB last year, Josh Johnson, who we cut for Tolzien, also cut.

Dont forget TE Marqueis Gray who the Browns happily scooped up.

So instead of this year having spots for young guys to develop like Cam, Daniels, Cooper, Gray...along with a solid backup who knows the system like Johnson...

We have....a hurt and old Nnamdi, stone hands Celek, Jermaine Cunningham??, McCoy, Skelton, Budda "f*ckin" Ventrone and now Kassim Osgood catching passes.

Good times
[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Oct 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
Maybe BJ was the problem all along and Kaep was feeling the pressure, so they brought in a slow white guy to make him feel more secure?

maybe BJ asked to leave ?

Or maybe Bj's bjs aren't that good. After all, we all know what some good dome does for your career with the Niners, just ask our previous starting QB.
Bj was the only one I cared about, but we arent there day in and day out. It could be very likely that he just doesnt have the intellect to pick up the offense. He made plays in a dumbed down preseason offense against guys that are selling cars now. Ill trust the coaches opinions over preseason games against #3s.
Maybe the real problem is McCoy. Then you have Daniels not picking things up quick enough or whatever is going on. So, you sign someone with starting experience to push Colt.
Share 49ersWebzone