LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 337 users in the forums

Can someone explain this to me??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Pretty sure that everyone knew we were going to cut Cam...that great game gave us the 7th just so that it wasn't a free for all. So we got something for nothing.

BJ they are hoping will pass through the waiver system. He'll go on PS.

If someone else gets hurt then Hawkins will come back if he's not contrated...but going into the season he didn't earn a roster spot...where would you have put him?

Move along, nothing to see here.

Wrong on all accounts. Hawkins signed with the Chargers and Cam had a very good camp and played well in all games (not just the Charger game). BJ gone...Cooper, ouch (we like tiny CB's I guess)... LOL.
A show of hands...if you have ever been paid to make personnel decisions in the NFL please speak right up.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Pretty sure that everyone knew we were going to cut Cam...that great game gave us the 7th just so that it wasn't a free for all. So we got something for nothing.

BJ they are hoping will pass through the waiver system. He'll go on PS.

If someone else gets hurt then Hawkins will come back if he's not contrated...but going into the season he didn't earn a roster spot...where would you have put him?

Move along, nothing to see here.

Wrong on all accounts. Hawkins signed with the Chargers and Cam had a very good camp and played well in all games (not just the Charger game). BJ gone...Cooper, ouch (we like tiny CB's I guess)... LOL.

I didn't mention Cooper. That was a mistake. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

But what is wrong? Cam? Are you kidding me?

Front office took a gamble on Daniels and lost. it happens.

I said if Hawkins wasn't contracted. He is...how is that wrong? You didn't address the question. Patton, Moore or Williams are your choices. All 3 looked to be more valuable.
They're gambling, that's for sure. Mostly on the assumption we'd have a sound roster all season.

None of the gambles have paid off so far. The Boldin trade reaaaly saved our asses, but that was a gimme/hookup anyways.
dumbest move ive seen in a long time. a long long time. to cut him when he's wilson part 2 and then seattle gets him

so they have 2 wilsons

this just keeps getting better and better
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
They're gambling, that's for sure. Mostly on the assumption we'd have a sound roster all season.

None of the gambles have paid off so far. The Boldin trade reaaaly saved our asses, but that was a gimme/hookup anyways.

its becoming idiotic. someone needs to go in there and smack someone and say ENOUGH

the season is actually going on now, why are you playing with the roster. coaches coach em up... that it what the off season WAS FOR
It's funny...now that we've had a couple of good seasons, everyone is after our scraps. But the other side of that coin is all the FAs want to come here.

It's a trade off.
I don't see why Cam J get's all this love. Yeah he had a good game in the PS going against the 3rd and 4th stringers. I don't get the love for the guy. Guy was way too small to set the edge in the run game and it showed in the PS. Mad we traded a 7th rd pick for another 7th rounder.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

its becoming idiotic. someone needs to go in there and smack someone and say ENOUGH

the season is actually going on now, why are you playing with the roster. coaches coach em up... that it what the off season WAS FOR

I dare you to do it
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Yeah right. You do just that.

Actually Baalke's FA record is pretty good. And I am guessing Baldwin is going to be a plus.

But yeah. We lost our third stringer qb. Therapy, everyone, quick.

It makes zero sense to me BUT the coaches see these guys everyday and well ...WTF!
Originally posted by English:

Actually Baalke's FA record is pretty good. And I am guessing Baldwin is going to be a plus.

Like I said on page 1....oh no, the sky is falling.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Why does this organization continue to make questionable roster decisions... it seems everyone that is half way decent we are cutting or getting rid of..

Cam Johnson 7th round pick, physical specimen finally shows the upside we took the risk on with the 7th rounder.. wins a game ball... we trade him for another 7th... useless trade...

Lavelle Hawkins.... not a great player, but played well for us in the preseason... we reward him with a cut..

Bj. daniels... for a rookie looked REALLY good.... we cut him for skelton???

I don't know whats going on here, but it seems to me we are not allowed to have decent backups on this team...

We only see them play once a week. No idea what's going on the rest of the week. For all we know, these guys aren't studying the playbook, or something else.
For Harbaugh and his crew, it's hard to criticize considering what they've been able to accomplish.
Originally posted by English:

it's not that.
it's them tinkering with the roster so much in season.

how are we tinkering with the roster so much cutting this guy signing that guy and we don't even USE all the talented players we currently have?

it took an injury and rehab to get whihote on the field when he could have spelled willis so he wouldn't be gassed

and corey onto the field when he CLEARLY could be in on known passing downs to go WITH aldon and brooks..

while we STILL don't play lmj in space and are JUST NOW playing badlwin after letting williams come off an acl injury and start for some unkown reason

and still don't give hunter the ball enough..

tinkering with stuff that doesn't matter is my point. we don't need to make moves during the season just to make them.. just focus on coaching, utilizing talent and winning games..

everyone talks about how complex the system is, why do we keep bringing in people off the street??
Originally posted by KoolBeans:
Maybe BJ was the problem all along and Kaep was feeling the pressure, so they brought in a slow white guy to make him feel more secure?

come on McGriddles.
Share 49ersWebzone