LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

2013 Season Roster Moves (trade/release/pick up)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by susweel:
Dixon as kick returner is just retarded, why can't lmj do it.

brad Sealy is good at coverage but his return teams are garbage

This.
Or Hunter... he did do it 2 years ago

first I don't want Hunter to get hurt... and I personal wince every time James runs full speed at other players much larger than him running full speed.

I'm REALLY worried about James as our PR.

I think Dixon will do fine. That return he took out of the endzone, called for our special teams to give a spark..because of our inept offense at the time. Too bad the blockers didn't continue with the play.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Afrikan:

This.

first I don't want Hunter to get hurt... and I personal wince every time James runs full speed at other players much larger than him running full speed.

I think Dixon will do fine. That return he took out of the endzone, called for our special teams to give a spark..because of our inept offense at the time. Too bad the blockers didn't continue with the play.

Dixon is way too slow to ever run it back to the house.

This.

#1 rule of football, cant play scared. If Hunter is the best option they should put him back there, they arent using him enough as a #2 rb anyways.

This.

This, I agree. But he is powerful enough to blow through a first set of would-be tacklers and take it upfield for another 10-20 yards. He just won't go "El Foldo" at the first sign of contact.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by billbird2111:

This.

This, I agree. But he is powerful enough to blow through a first set of would-be tacklers and take it upfield for another 10-20 yards. He just won't go "El Foldo" at the first sign of contact.

just baffles the mind that even with an abundance of draft picks baalke failed to find explosive players.

This.

just baffles the mind that even with an abundance of draft picks baalke failed to find explosive players.

Def something they have to work on. I still wish we had drafted Kenny Stills, dude is a burner for sure.
S/N: I wish we had drafted Honey Badger and Reid, how helpful would it be to have HB to fill in for Reid this week.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i was not ready for the cox move. he was a nice player for us but wright can fill his shoes. however now we have no real back up for a punt return job if james fails. hunter and dixon can do a adequate job in kick returns but we all better hope james can continue his good play in punt return. this is his chance now.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I'm CALLING IT, ED REED TIME!!!
why? can he fix our offense?

He drafted one of the most explosive QBs, RBs (LMJ), and TEs available over past several years. Can't give him full credit/blame for those picks, but he doesn't scheme for these guys either. Baalke has done a tremendous job adding talent to the roster.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
have they cut roman yet?
Whose ready for the Carrier express?

Say what you want about his competition, but his coordination and hands are impressive and would be a solid contribution as a #3 TE if Celek doesnt come back. Just annoys the hell outta me that Roman is running college gameplans at a pro level. It works until you face a defense that can take away another offenses best options as we have seen.

This.

True. But he's done well with the meat grinders. Our defensive picks this year, once they get some seasoning, are going to provide huge dividends down the road, just like Iupati and Davis have done on the offensive end.

This.

If I'm remembering the play correctly, weren't there like 3 blockers ready to clear a path to Dixon's right (left bottom of the screen on the live play)? I remember thinking on the replay that he should have cut right as there was some clear room, but he instead tried to plow straight up the field. Anyone re-watch the game and/or remember it and can shed light on this? Thanks.

This.

#1 rule of football, cant play scared. If Hunter is the best option they should put him back there, they arent using him enough as a #2 rb anyways.

Share 49ersWebzone