There are 169 users in the forums

2013 Season Roster Moves (trade/release/pick up)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by joseglopez00:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Why would he? If someone offers him a job, he should take it

Lockette, Jerod-Eddie, Netter and Cam Johnson all turned down 53 man roster spots to stay with us. Some guys would rather be with better coaching and a better team. Some times it works out for the players some times it doesn't. Some of the guys that signed elsewhere are doing nothing on bad teams. Other guys like Jerod-Eddie stayed and are now contributing on a potential playoff team and had a chance to go to the SB last year. Actually all these guys that turned down teams got a chance to go to the Super Bowl last year which I'm sure they will never forget and maybe not get to go back again in their careers. Heck some of these guys will be in the semi-pros soon and they can say they got to go to a SB with the 49ers.

Yeah that worked out real well for 3 of those 4.. They're not even on the team anymore, and it's not like the 49ers are hurting to get Eddie some more playing time. 53 man rosters guarantee salary (to a large extent). Practice Squad do not.
Eddie has been playing a lot

He's played 39 out of 136 snaps the last two games. That's roughly 28.6%. I wouldn't call that a lot. I didn't count the first two games because I know he only played 3 snaps in the Packers game and it would mess with the integrity of the percentage.

Further illustrating that if BJ wants playing opportunity, especially with Kap at QB for us, his best bet is to go somewhere else. He won't turn down a 53 to go to our PS, that's just not happening.

Lockette, Jerod-Eddie, Netter and Cam Johnson all turned down 53 man roster spots to stay with us. Some guys would rather be with better coaching and a better team. Some times it works out for the players some times it doesn't. Some of the guys that signed elsewhere are doing nothing on bad teams. Other guys like Jerod-Eddie stayed and are now contributing on a potential playoff team and had a chance to go to the SB last year. Actually all these guys that turned down teams got a chance to go to the Super Bowl last year which I'm sure they will never forget and maybe not get to go back again in their careers. Heck some of these guys will be in the semi-pros soon and they can say they got to go to a SB with the 49ers.

Yeah that worked out real well for 3 of those 4.. They're not even on the team anymore, and it's not like the 49ers are hurting to get Eddie some more playing time. 53 man rosters guarantee salary (to a large extent). Practice Squad do not.

Salary

Practice squad players earn significantly less than players on the active roster, but they still take home a solid weekly paycheck. NFL practice squad players make a minimum of $6,000 per week they are on the practice squad. There is no limit to how much a team can pay a player on the practice squad. Some will offer a higher weekly salary in order to entice better players to sign, although the practice squad contracts do count against the salary cap.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have paid practice squad players significantly more in recent seasons. In 2010, Tampa Bay offered wide receiver Dezmon Briscoe a contract worth equivalent to the minimum salary to entice him to sign to its practice squad.

If a player remains on the practice squad for an entire regular season, he would earn $102,000. A player with less than one accrued season on the active roster would earn a minimum salary of $405,000.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/31/4677982/nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility

Originally posted by kidash98:

Salary

Practice squad players earn significantly less than players on the active roster, but they still take home a solid weekly paycheck. NFL practice squad players make a minimum of $6,000 per week they are on the practice squad. There is no limit to how much a team can pay a player on the practice squad. Some will offer a higher weekly salary in order to entice better players to sign, although the practice squad contracts do count against the salary cap.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have paid practice squad players significantly more in recent seasons. In 2010, Tampa Bay offered wide receiver Dezmon Briscoe a contract worth equivalent to the minimum salary to entice him to sign to its practice squad.

If a player remains on the practice squad for an entire regular season, he would earn $102,000. A player with less than one accrued season on the active roster would earn a minimum salary of $405,000.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/31/4677982/nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility

I stand corrected. I still don't think he chooses to stay with us rather than a 53 somewhere, but I thought they got paid somewhere around $6000/month not a week.
99% chance that BJ Daniels gets picked up by another team in our division. 80% chance it is Seattle.
Skelton is horrible. If for some reason we did have to play our 3rd QB, I'd rather it be Daniels. Not a fan of this move.
Lol at ppl losing their s**t over a 3rd string QB getting cut. He looked good against other 3rd n 4th string guys in preseason but that's it. If he was thrown into a live game we'd get blown out. No doubt in my mind.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AUniner:
Lol at ppl losing their s**t over a 3rd string QB getting cut. He looked good against other 3rd n 4th string guys in preseason but that's it. If he was thrown into a live game we'd get blown out. No doubt in my mind.
ha, true, some of the same people who told me i was being a chicken little for my knee jerk reaction of letting haralson go are going apes**t over a f**king third string quarterback,,, so funny.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for brodiebluebanaszak.

We get blown out with our first stringer.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

We get blown out with our first stringer.

and what is your point? that there is no difference between bj and ck? seattle blew us because they were the better team.,. the colts blew us out because roman is a mongoloid
We'd get blown out if Colt or Skelton was in. I'm also on the much rather have BJ. Colt and Skelton already proved that they suck

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
We'd get blown out if Colt or Skelton was in. I'm also on the much rather have BJ. Colt and Skelton already proved that they suck

and and all bj showed you was some nice things against mostly second and third string guys in pre season. i do not care what you think of the two guys we have now,,,, that is an awful small body of work that you are willing to trust in a real game. that is playing it to close to the vest for me
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Youngone:
It's Nate Davis situation all over again.

not only that but posters, who spend alot of time reminding us of how great JH is with quarterbacks seem to be forgetting that right now. I am spending no time wringing my hands over the fact BJ could get picked up by seattle. that is not a game changer and he can not tell any secrets because , based on the last game, seattle knows them anyway.again, this is a big fat non story for me because it does not matter if it is colt 45 or red skelton ,. if ck goes down , we are in big trouble anyway so it really does not matter who the back up is. i am more concerned about the game of ck than any backup quarterback we have

Don't we all see what's going on here? Skelton is the bait but the real target is Josh Freeman. Just putting it out there.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
I guess Harbaugh's lovefest with Marecic is over.

yup, pretty sure they both got their rocks off, and now the love fest is over
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Bj Daniels?? what! How can you cut him? I'm going to say this for the 1st time. F**K Harbaalke!

Share 49ersWebzone