LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 331 users in the forums

2013 Season Roster Moves (trade/release/pick up)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
bj daniels has now just attained nate davis stature in the web zone.

LOL, really.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Well I am assuming Cunningham was brought on board because they think Aldon will be out quite some time. If he was only going to be out a few weeks I don't think they would bother. Before he signed we only had 3 OLBs with Aldon on the NFI. Even though Lemonier and Skuta played well I'm assuming Cunningham is the emergency guy for now. If one of them would go down he would be active the game after.

As for Collie I don't know if he is an upgrade at this point over Williams or Moore.... Harper probably not going anywhere. Osgood is a ST guy so that's why he is on. I was pulling for Collie and wanted him over Hall but Collie really let me down this pre-season. Dropped balls and just didn't look like his old self at all.

Can't believe we shipped Haralson and Johnson for table scraps and now we are signing table scraps....

ughh!

Have either done anything on their new teams?
What a risky move waiving Daniels, just to have skelton in street clothes holding a clipboard!?! And since our coaches always work guys in extremely slow i don't see any reason for this move..we were scared to waive him in the 1st place thats how he made the team..why wouldn't someone now..some teams have nothing to lose and are grabbing guys for the future..jags! cough cough.
Awful just awful BJ is better than Skelton he sucks hard
Who cares about Haralson or Johnson? We had no way of knowing Aldon would drink himself into rehab. Johnson would be inactive every week for us. Skuta did a very nice job against the Rams, and he was going up against Jake Long. Lemonier was also making plays. We're good.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Have either done anything on their new teams?

Johnson hasn't done anything, Haralson has 4 tackles, a sack and he's injured.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

LOL, exactly how many games has Daniels played in for you to make this determination? Skelton was a preseason superstar too. People need to get over their obsession with the preseason, it means far less than you think.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Who cares about Haralson or Johnson? We had no way of knowing Aldon would drink himself into rehab. Johnson would be inactive every week for us. Skuta did a very nice job against the Rams, and he was going up against Jake Long. Lemonier was also making plays. We're good.
of course this is the truth, i went into outer space over haralson,(got over it two days later) not so much so over johnson. we got rid of a fullback we never needed in the first place and got a more than decent backer to help us as i think aldon is out for a loooooong time
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

LOL, exactly how many games has Daniels played in for you to make this determination? Skelton was a preseason superstar too. People need to get over their obsession with the preseason, it means far less than you think.

LOL, that's true.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
How are Haralson and Johnson doing in their respective teams?

First game Haralson had 4 tackles and a sack. Only 1 tackle since then. Johnson 1 tackle in 4 games. So far no big loss. Haven't watched them too closely so can't say how they are doing in the run game. Skuta and Lemonier are both playing well so I'm fine with the moves.

Bump for those wondering stats.

Phoenix, I know it's preseason but you're telling me you didn't see a ton of potential from BJ? Some of his throws he made out there were veteran throws. He's pump faking on the run too which was impressive to me. I don't care if it's a against bad corners a good throw is a good throw and he showed me more in 2 games than Tolzien did in 3 years. Like I said I see potential in Skelton I just wish they wouldn't have dumped Daniels. I would have dumped McCoy and made Skelton the #2 but like I said maybe they will dump McCoy if Skelton practices well and picks up the offense. Then maybe they bring Daniels back if he is on our PS. I don't see the point in having Skelton and McCoy once Skelton picks up the system and if he looks good in practice.

I do like the Cunningham signing though. We only had 3 OLBs, we need another 1. I like his potential although he might not be able to showcase himself.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 1, 2013 at 4:08 PM ]

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
of course this is the truth, i went into outer space over haralson,(got over it two days later) not so much so over johnson. we got rid of a fullback we never needed in the first place and got a more than decent backer to help us as i think aldon is out for a loooooong time

Haralson was clearly a salary cap move IMHO. I wasn't happy with the Johnson move b/c he was OUR guy we trained for a year, developed and he played about as well (who played better?) as one could including ST's. So if he was on the team, if nothing else, he'd be active on ST both to rush the punter and in coverage units. Then he would probably have teamed up well with Skuta as a pass rusher. Cunningham will be inactive most likely, probably doesn't add any ST value and has lights years to go to learn OUR defense. This ended up being a one-step forward, two-steps back move IMHO...even with a late 7th rounder.

Now, address the damn NT and backup FB & OT spots!
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 1, 2013 at 4:07 PM ]
If Daniels does not clear waivers and someone puts in a claim can he refuse to join them to join our PS? I know once you are on a PS you can decline a 53 man invite but do you have a choice when going through the waiver process?

Also, yeah Skelton with some good coaching probably has more potential than McCoy who seems to have hit his peak. I have no problem with them adding him just wish we didn't dump Daniels to do it.

Why would he? If someone offers him a job, he should take it
Originally posted by joseglopez00:

Because sometimes its better to stay on one team's PS then end up on some poverty team's active roster.
Originally posted by joseglopez00:

Lockette, Jerod-Eddie, Netter and Cam Johnson all turned down 53 man roster spots to stay with us. Some guys would rather be with better coaching and a better team. Some times it works out for the players some times it doesn't. Some of the guys that signed elsewhere are doing nothing on bad teams. Other guys like Jerod-Eddie stayed and are now contributing on a potential playoff team and had a chance to go to the SB last year. Actually all these guys that turned down teams got a chance to go to the Super Bowl last year which I'm sure they will never forget and maybe not get to go back again in their careers. Heck some of these guys will be in the semi-pros soon and they can say they got to go to a SB with the 49ers.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM ]
Bump for those wondering stats.

Phoenix, I know it's preseason but you're telling me you didn't see a ton of potential from BJ? Some of his throws he made out there were veteran throws. He's pump faking on the run too which was impressive to me. I don't care if it's a against bad corners a good throw is a good throw and he showed me more in 2 games than Tolzien did in 3 years. Like I said I see potential in Skelton I just wish they wouldn't have dumped Daniels. I would have dumped McCoy and made Skelton the #2 but like I said maybe they will dump McCoy if Skelton practices well and picks up the offense. Then maybe they bring Daniels back if he is on our PS. I don't see the point in having Skelton and McCoy once Skelton picks up the system and if he looks good in practice.

I do like the Cunningham signing though. We only had 3 OLBs, we need another 1. I like his potential although he might not be able to showcase himself.

He certainly has potential but he's also a project, there's way too much crying going on for a guy who clearly wasn't ready to start a game in the NFL. If all goes well, he goes to the PS, next year he gets a shot at the #2 spot against Skelton.
Share 49ersWebzone