LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

2013 Season Roster Moves (trade/release/pick up)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Bring back Austin Collie. Dude can produce and he's proved that with Indy. He shouldn't have been cut in favor of Williams.

This, can't be worse than Williams, and I'm sure Cox can cover for punts

Cox or LMJ could return punts yeah.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by boast:
one hit and he's done. then the team is worse off.

Why must you always be so negative?

Same goes for any player that steps onto the field on game day. That point is meaningless.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I mentioned this in the Skelton thread but could be possible that if Daniels clears waivers we wait until Skelton learns the offense then we cut McCoy. McCoy would be the backup until Skelton is ready to play if need be. Then once he is up to speed we cut McCoy and sign Daniels back as the #3. Just a thought... hopefully that's the case. I just see no need for McCoy with Daniels once Skelton is ready to go.

Love it, but it only works if BJ clears waivers.
Well I am assuming Cunningham was brought on board because they think Aldon will be out quite some time. If he was only going to be out a few weeks I don't think they would bother. Before he signed we only had 3 OLBs with Aldon on the NFI. Even though Lemonier and Skuta played well I'm assuming Cunningham is the emergency guy for now. If one of them would go down he would be active the game after.

As for Collie I don't know if he is an upgrade at this point over Williams or Moore.... Harper probably not going anywhere. Osgood is a ST guy so that's why he is on. I was pulling for Collie and wanted him over Hall but Collie really let me down this pre-season. Dropped balls and just didn't look like his old self at all.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by boast:
one hit and he's done. then the team is worse off.

Why must you always be so negative?

Same goes for any player that steps onto the field on game day. That point is meaningless.

there is a reason why every team in the league hasn't signed Collie
Nice move waiving Marecic and bringing in Cunningham. LB depth is more important. Don't expect much from him though. He failed as a undersized DE in New England. Maybe he will be a better fit at 3-4 OLB.
Well I am assuming Cunningham was brought on board because they think Aldon will be out quite some time. If he was only going to be out a few weeks I don't think they would bother. Before he signed we only had 3 OLBs with Aldon on the NFI. Even though Lemonier and Skuta played well I'm assuming Cunningham is the emergency guy for now. If one of them would go down he would be active the game after.

As for Collie I don't know if he is an upgrade at this point over Williams or Moore.... Harper probably not going anywhere. Osgood is a ST guy so that's why he is on. I was pulling for Collie and wanted him over Hall but Collie really let me down this pre-season. Dropped balls and just didn't look like his old self at all.

Can't believe we shipped Haralson and Johnson for table scraps and now we are signing table scraps....

ughh!

He wasnt fully rehabbed from his torn patella surgery then either, if he got a chance, he would produce pretty decent numbers. Williams has practically produced zero in the way of receptions and yards. Moore has been inactive most of the season. Osgood, Special teams guy I get that, Patton has a stress fracture. It would be prudent to pick him up IMO.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Can't believe we shipped Haralson and Johnson for table scraps and now we are signing table scraps....

ughh!

Well they didn't expect Aldon to have his issues. 4 is their magic number at OLB. They were happy with Brooks, Aldon, Lemonier and Skuta. Only reason they brought in Cunningham is because Aldon is out for awhile. They don't want to go with 3 OLBs... Brooks, Lemonier and Skuta. They didn't want to keep 5 or 6 so they got rid of Haralson and Johnson. It's not like we got rid of them, Aldon is on the team and we added Cunningham to make 5 OLBs. They saved money and got younger so even though I wasn't a big fan I could understand getting rid of Haralson. Johnson I didn't really get but to me clearly they want 4 OLBs. Not 3, not 5 or 6.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

He wasnt fully rehabbed from his torn patella surgery then either, if he got a chance, he would produce pretty decent numbers. Williams has practically produced zero in the way of receptions and yards. Moore has been inactive most of the season. Osgood, Special teams guy I get that, Patton has a stress fracture. It would be prudent to pick him up IMO.

he worked out for the Chargers and they passed on him for Hawkins.

I'd agree that he didn't seem himself and wouldn't be surprised if he was still not full healthy during the pre-season. If he is healthy now I won't be mad if we sign him and cut Moore or Osgood. Harper seems to be their project and we wouldn't have signed him to a 3 year deal if we didn't have plans for him. Not sure I'd get rid of Williams yet and Baldwin isn't going anywhere. Hawkins is gone and I wasn't a big fan in the preseason but at this point I would have taken him over Osgood, Collie (if not healthy) and Moore.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

ughh!

How are Haralson and Johnson doing in their respective teams?
Originally posted by real9erfan:
How are Haralson and Johnson doing in their respective teams?

First game Haralson had 4 tackles and a sack. Only 1 tackle since then. Johnson 1 tackle in 4 games. So far no big loss. Haven't watched them too closely so can't say how they are doing in the run game. Skuta and Lemonier are both playing well so I'm fine with the moves.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I know lots of people want to go down the johnson and haralson road but not me. I am just glad the niners did address this issue and this signing indicates to me that aldon will be gone perhaps up to 60 days like I originally thought. The only thing i second guess is the reason to sign that fullback in the first place but thats just a minor b***h, the team fixed it, this guy will provide some nice depth. I sort of was hoping they would sign a d lineman instead but this is fine. looks like ray is ok with his ankles and dorsey is solid. the quarterback thing means nothing to me from the standpoint if ck goes down, we are in trouble anyway so it really does not matter who is number two or three in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
bj daniels has now just attained nate davis stature in the web zone.
Share 49ersWebzone