There are 151 users in the forums

2013 Season Roster Moves (trade/release/pick up)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter Former Cardinals QB John Skelton, whom Tennessee was interested in signing with Jake Locker out, will sign with the 49ers.

He told everyone else to go kick rocks, dude wants to be a 49er. I can respect that.
I guess Harbaugh's lovefest with Marecic is over.
If Daniels does not clear waivers and someone puts in a claim can he refuse to join them to join our PS? I know once you are on a PS you can decline a 53 man invite but do you have a choice when going through the waiver process?

Also, yeah Skelton with some good coaching probably has more potential than McCoy who seems to have hit his peak. I have no problem with them adding him just wish we didn't dump Daniels to do it.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM ]
  • fryet
  • Veteran
The 49ers are definitely sending a message to the back-ups/PS. Competition doesn't stop once the season starts. You have to continually prove that you worth a roster spot.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If Daniels does not clear waivers and someone puts in a claim can he refuse to join them to join our PS? I know once you are on a PS you can decline a 53 man invite but do you have a choice when going through the waiver process?

Also, yeah Skelton with some good coaching probably has more potential than McCoy who seems to have hit his peak. I have no problem with them adding him just wish we didn't dump Daniels to do it.

No, if he's claimed, he ends up on that other teams roster.
How long do you have to wait to clear waivers?
Bring back Austin Collie. Dude can produce and he's proved that with Indy. He shouldn't have been cut in favor of Williams.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
How long do you have to wait to clear waivers?

we'll find out tomorrow if he cleared waivers or was claimed by another team
Did we really need another LB. Willis should be back this week. Nick Moody and maybe Aldon latter in the year. I thought Skuta and Lemonhead did just fine. Of course if they had kept Parys all this wouldn't be happening.
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
Bring back Austin Collie. Dude can produce and he's proved that with Indy. He shouldn't have been cut in favor of Williams.

This, can't be worse than Williams, and I'm sure Cox can cover for punts

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Did we really need another LB. Willis should be back this week. Nick Moody and maybe Aldon latter in the year. I thought Skuta and Lemonhead did just fine. Of course if they had kept Parys all this wouldn't be happening.

we need another LB right now, and when everyone comes back, we know who to cut asap
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:

one hit and he's done. then the team is worse off.

Dude was a 2nd round pick from the patriots, plus it's only a one year deal. I'm sure it doesn't hurt to have one more lb, plus we can always release him once the rest of the gang returns.

yeah we kinda do. cunningham is olb, willis situation is not related to this move. aside from that aldon is in rehab with no concrete timeline for return. you're left with 3 olb's between brooks skuta and lemonier. a 4th guy was needed in case of injury or substitution or whatever.
Originally posted by boast:
one hit and he's done. then the team is worse off.

Why must you always be so negative?
Share 49ersWebzone