LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Jerry Rice says consulting with 49ers' young receivers would be ‘fantastic'

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If the 49ers want receiving help, Jerry Rice is willing to contribute – as a consultant.

No, Rice isn't looking to put back on a 49ers uniform, three years after getting enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame for his unparalleled, 20-year career.

Nor is Rice looking at becoming a full-time coach. But to "maybe counsel these guys, I'd love to do that," Rice said Monday on a media conference call promoting his role in the upcoming Golf Channel series "Big Break NFL Puerto Rico."
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/09/30/jerry-rice-says-consulting-with-49ers-young-receivers-would-be-fantastic/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Hire this guy now!!! jerry rice would be a perfect coach for our receivers. imagine vernon davis learning fundamentals from rice?! BEAST MODE!
Counsel from the greatest route runner ever. We should be all over this.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
he's probably gonna get fired from ESPN so he's just looking for another job.
Ever heard of silk purse from a sow's ear? Jerry will have his work cut out for him, but at this point, we need all the help we can get. Crabtree and Manningham can't come back soon enough!
They'll all bail like Jenkins when it comes time to run the hill.
All these kids, with the exception of Q, will probably look at Jerry like the RCA dog looking at the gramophone when JR tells them what it takes to be a great WR in the league.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

nah i think jenkins was just a p***y
I have learned a few different trades in my life. Being mentored by successful people who know more than just the nuts and bolts of something is invaluable. And the more of these people I have found the more success I find. No matter how tired or how much aj jenkins had on his plate he should of ran the hill with jerry last year. When someone like that offers, you take it. I think jerry has in spades the 1 thing jenkins was really missing. I really don't understand how someone can be that stupid.
It won't happen.
AJ will be out of the league in 2 years or less.

Getting Jerry would be primo.

Originally posted by blunt_probe:

If he can instill his knowledge and training and mindset that made him the G.O.A.T., can not imagine how players like Baldwin, Patton and Crabs (when healthy) could become with hard work shown by Jerry. Shoot, maybe Young could give some pointers to Kaep about being elusive in the pocket. Just thinking of how some great Niners could help our youngsters become great at what they do.
While i usually disagree with star athletes who try to coach (cant coach physical gifts) i think rice is different.

Rice had work ethic. Demand that and teach technique. That is what you can pass along as a coach
hell...lets name him the WRs coach. John Morton is complete s**t!!!
Too bad this probably wont amount to anything. Hope it does but I doubt it.
Heck ya. Maybe he could show Kyle Williams the goal is to get open.
Share 49ersWebzone