LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 8)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
On Gore's 1st Qtr. TD, anyone notice Boldin's block in the back? Glad the refs missed it.
Okay can we trade for Gordon now?
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
On Gore's 1st Qtr. TD, anyone notice Boldin's block in the back? Glad the refs missed it.

Cuz its not like we wouldnt have scored 10/10 times anyway...
  • Jiks
143-61 the last 5 games.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i swear there's new bandwagon fans that come out every week.

I'd trade them for half the crazy crap I read in ninertalk today
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Cuz its not like we wouldnt have scored 10/10 times anyway...

They made up for it with the 15 yard penalty for hit to a defenseless runner. They screwed that up so bad. 1. Play should have been over when his helmet came off 2. Nobody hit him in the head. And that probably led to 7 points.

One thing though good job by the team on cutting down penalties.

4 Jags, 5 titans, 4 Cards, 3 Texans...... Rams 10, Colts 6, Seattle 12, Packers 11

So 16 in last 4 games compared to 39 in previous 4.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
143-61 the last 5 games.

Franchise first to score over 30+ and hold it's opponants to 20 or less in 5 straight wins. -Something not forged that close since 1994.

This team is playing playoff football early, and there's no way in hell this team loses against Seattle, or even in their own house in the playoffs. -We're the team we were in 2011, but slightly better (specially in depth, despite injury). December will be our run at 14-2.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Colin Kaepernick ‏@Kaepernick

Love playing on Sk, gives me good energy!
Originally posted by Jcool:

Sk?
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Right, but its the Jags. They traded Monroe and lost Joekel for the year. Lemonier is much more raw version of Aldon. Its no excuse.

We still have a top 10 D, but it doesnt compare to Seattle or KC. Best LB corps in the NFL, and the DB's are much improved, but with Justin Smith getting older, the impact he used to make on the pass rush is exposing the rest of the D.

We can still win a title with our D obviously, but I think the general assumption of our D being top 2-3 is a misconception.

and yet look at what they do week in and week out. stop selling the defense short, talking about what we don't compare with. we compare with anyone. every defense has 1 thing it needs to wok on.
ours is pass rush. but we have reinforcements coming don't we? aren't we in a rare position to actually improve the pass rush by a lot, no other team currently can say hey we have a rookie safety, lost their starting nt 2nd game of the season for the year, without the nfl sack leader over the last 2 years since week 3, without a starting cb (culliver) for the entire year, with willis missing 2 games and performing like this...can they?

How was I selling them short? I didnt say anything that wasnt true. Theyre NOT on the same level as SEA and KC on D. We havent generated much of a pass rush since Justin Smith got hurt in NE last year.

I like to be realistic, and watching them miss tackles, blow coverages, and play lazy against the worst team in football annoyed me. The total ineptitude of JAX led to only 10 pts, but they moved the ball quite well in the 2nd half when the game was already over. We arent as disciplined on D as we should be. Its no big deal right now because we just crushed a bad team, but it shows up in big games. We get tired late in games, and lose focus in blowouts. Its something they need to tighten up.

Aldon or no, we shouldve been on top of Chad Henne all day long, and he rarely got touched. I want them to figure out why, and fix it. In the past, because of the Justin Smith factor, we could get consistent pressure with a 4 man rush. Now that Justin isnt the same guy he was before the injury, you have to adjust. Remember when Willis was out in STL, and Bowman was out there looking like DeMarcus Ware, rushing the passer? I want more of that. More creativity in the pass rush. Even our run defense hasnt been the same.

Still time to improve, but I think our D is living on a reputation that doesnt accurately measure its current ability. Kap has helped make up for it by scoring more pts, so were fine.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Sk?

Sk?

I hope 49ers team docs checked this out first. Last thing we need is some obscure "additive" that is on a banned list turning up on a test.
did we get a sack today?
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:

Sk?

I hope 49ers team docs checked this out first. Last thing we need is some obscure "additive" that is on a banned list turning up on a test.

Bet he doesn't even drink the s**t, lol. -Harbaugh is in a Pepsi commercial, but he was drinking Coke in the locker room during the Cards game, lol.
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
I hope 49ers team doc checked this out first. Last thing we need is some obscure "additive" that is on a banned list turning up on a test.

He died
Share 49ersWebzone