LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Our coaching staff is too arrogant....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
It's all because of Mangini. He wants Harbaugh fired so he can take over as coach. I heard from an inside source. None of that is true.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Over their tenure here, this staff has adjusted very well. The playoffs are a great indicator. They were far better in the second half of every game.

This year is different though. They've gone to a pass-first mentality with a team that is built to run, and has no healthy quality receivers outside Boldin.

My question is this: why can't they use Hunter in the passing game a la Sproles? Why trade for Baldwin and not play him when he's clearly the biggest and strongest receiver on the team outside Boldin?

Or play James a la Sproles. Get him on some screen passes.

kap doesn't know what a check down is.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
its this Roman Greco dude. He gotta go. that jumbo set is silly, slow and always gets NEGATIVE yardage. Play Quitton Patton more and use Quan in Motion and have Kape take 5 step drops and release and then if nothing is there, give him the freedom to run the ball north and south.

Could work, but have KW in motion since his weak *** gets punked at the LOS.
Originally posted by 9erempire:
Something is definitely wrong with our coaching staff when they failed to land Peyton freaking Manning. Manning probably didn't like how stubborn our coaches are. He was probably going to be forced to run Harbaugh and Roman's offense.

Can you believe it? He chose John Fox over Harbs and company and at the time, Denver was a crappy team compared to our NFC championship team.

It has to make you wonder how these guys are in real life.

Double potato
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
OH MY GOD....Yesterday after the loss I was praying Kap doesn't become Don "MajicMan" Majkowski of this generation(for those who don't know Majowski was a 80's QB who had early success and the media "crowned " him the next star prematurely).....Lindy was his coach....I need a drink!

No that cheesehead was alright, but injury prone... and this is funny!
The door off the bandwagon is thata way.------------------->

See ya!!
[ Edited by RMuTT1981 on Sep 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Two years. First two game losing streak of the Harbaugh era. Yeah, they suck.

You'd think the season is over already with the funeral procession going on in here this week.

I am glad that someone got the sarcasm in my post. The Niners coaching staff needs to do a lot more than what they have shown so far to overcome the injuries and the poor start. Everyone is apparently forgetting that the Niners are playing the most brutal part of their schedule right out of the chute against 4 playoff teams and their nemesis, the Rams. Wonder how things will look on Friday morning if the Niners pull out an "unexpected" victory on the road.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I like when you do this Phoenix because it means I don't have to. Also, until Manning wins them a SB there 20 mil a year is just going towards bringing in more ticket and jersey sales. Manning is a great regular season QB but let's face it he isn't the most clutch in the playoffs. His brother is not 1/2 the regular season QB he but has managed to win 2 SB's because he is a heck of a lot more clutch especially in the playoffs. All those years the Colts won 12 or more games and only 1 SB win to show for it. Eli has 2 with 6 less years under his belt. Tebow got the Broncos to the playoffs and the result was the same, one and done. Don't get me wrong Peyton is one of the top regular season QB's ever but his playoff record is 9-11 with 8 1 and dones. Kap got us to the super bowl. Not saying Peyton can't win them a SB just that let's wait before crowning the Broncos front office for winning him. Keep in mind too like Phoenix said they rolled out the red carpet and we couldn't afford 20 mil a year. Would have meant losing guys like Brooks and Rogers. Doesn't seem like Rogers would have been a bad thing now but at the time we went into 2012 with I think Brown, Culliver, Cox and Brock. Would have been pretty thin. Also, keep in mind with him making 20 mil for 5 years these next 4 maybe we couldn't have extended Bowman, Anthony Davis, and some of the guys we will in the next few years.

No, Tebow actually managed to win a game.
I could not agree more with the title of this thread. Several things to note:

1. Harbuagh rubs everyone the wrong way in this league (everyone from teams, media and ex-players). This league is a tight nit "fraternity" and when you make enemies with everyone, everyone will want your head. Mistake #1

2. Harbaugh loves the ground game, and was asked on KNBR 680 after week 1 (after all the NFL passing records were broken that week for combined TDs, yardage, etc.) if the league is changing. The dude had the most arrogant answer and pretty much said no thats a dumb question. I understand he was alluding to the basics of football are the same but still. Furthermore, this brings in his Offensive philosophy (please read next note).

3. He loves to run the ball and rarely gives anyone a breather on D. This formula of winning requires lots of physical strain on all your players, if you are playing smash mouth running football in the league (which results in closer games and players putting themselves at risk of injury by going 100% for a full game). For example, take the Pats, or Broncos. They take large leads which allows them to rotate players and keep older players healthy. Harbuagh's football philosophy is a recipe for rapid depreciation of its players.
3a. Additionally, Walsh's philosophy was to take early leads as quickly as possible and then he would rotate massive pass rushers and release the hounds (Haley, etc.) on opposing QBs. Harbaugh does neither, his game plan starts slow and does not have deep rotations of pass rushers.

4. The game calling on defense is wayyyyy too predictable and vanilla. We have pretty much have been in nickel formation, playing man coverage, and running the stunt with Aldon and the Cowboy for the past two and half years. The reason being that we can do that is because our MLBs are the best in the league with covering fast TEs and RBs and can play man against them. But our corners, are getting slower and older and the D line has depreciated a lot over the past 2 years generating pass rush off the 4 man rush. Additionally, Indy ran easy run plays right at the stunt because Aldon would always be coming inside.

5. Harbaugh's misdirection counter pitches worked when he did them his first year because they were so unexpected but god those plays are so slow to develop and lately they have been getting blown up in the back field.

7. Harbaugh insists on calling two plays every down and eats up the play clock. This is the opposite direction the league is going. If anything, he needs to call one play and give Kaepernick time to make pre-snap reads and have the option to audible into a completely new play, such as Peyton Manning does.

6. Last rant topic, good coaches put their players in easy situations to make plays. Yes you see the 9ers do that when its 3rd and 20 and they always pass it 10 yards short of the first so they can make a play, but besides that, I see no easy plays being implemented for high success rates. For example, Indy had the ball and it was 3rd and 4, and they did a simple 90 degree passing route for the RB, where he went 4 yards diagonal towards the side line, then 90 degrees diagonal towards the center the field for an easy first down completion. When you watch an NFL game there are 100s of plays that are simple bread and butter play calls that I have yet to see implemented into the 9ers play calling.
Play call could be better. Execution is definitely an issue. But in the end, it comes down to the guys on the field. Coaches and plays are only 1/2 the equation. And the leader of the offense is not much of a leader at all. It showed during the summer with the whole Dolphins hat incident. "Its all about Kap". Is it me or is Kap too much in the public eye? I really dont care for all the off the field stuff. Magazine shoots and tv shows and stuff. Seems he is too involved in other extra curricular. Too "Cali". Start focusing on the season and how the team can turn this stuff around.

it's simple... After the Packers game, Frederick P. Soft was spotted inside the niners locker room. Apparently he started kicking it with Kap.
The past two years the staff has come up with formations on running plays that were innovative. When any team hits a bad patch it's human nature to look at faults. If they're winning it's swagger, losing it becomes negative connotations. The only fault I see that keeps coming up is this habit of throwing in some cute play that becomes negative. For instance, the James fumble in the SB. Look back at the Nolan-Singletary years, we would have begged to be this competitive for the last two years. Harbaugh has been through it all, college star, starting NFL QB, college coach, pro coach. I'll stick by Harbaugh and his staff to get us through this.
So...you guys are saying the team has gotten worse since Harbaugh and his staff took over?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
No, Tebow actually managed to win a game.

Shoot forgot that. Yeah both ended up 2nd round although Broncos got their with a bye. Still like I said Manning is great in the regular season but when you spend that much and bring him in you expect SB or it's a disappointment.
Originally posted by trellblaze:
So...you guys are saying the team has gotten worse since Harbaugh and his staff took over?

I think when an Ex-NFL QB-Coach inherits the best defense in the league and improves the offense slightly more than what two offensively challenged head coaches had done perviously that is going to equal winning seasons. Fact of the matter is that the Cowboy is the main Cog/MVP of this defense and the defense has lost a lot of luster from the previous year due to age, no change in scheme, and free agency exits (Goldson, etc.). Think about it, I bet you all hate Rex Ryan more than anyone and he took the s**tty Jets to the AFC championship game two seasons in a row, technically Harbaugh has only gotten one step further so far. I think the winning ways of the past were a bit of a marriage due to half the games being won were by Akers foot. I would say in the past I liked Harbaugh more but I still had the same philosophy feelings that I mentioned above in my previous rant.
Share 49ersWebzone