There are 189 users in the forums

Our coaching staff is too arrogant....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Their arrogance have hurt the very team we root for. After 3 years of Harbaugh and his coaching staff I have come to realized they are very stubborn. There is no doubt that they will do anything to win but their lack of adjustments in the game is pure arrogance. They would rather lose doing it their way than make any adjustments during the game to win.

As good as coaches they are, they have seemingly gotten out coached by any competent coach in the league. They run the pistol option and feel like their game plan is bullet proof but when a coach like Carrol figures them out, they don't want to admit to being out-smarted so they continue with their game plan like it's better than the other teams'.

Our scoring drive against the Colts is a perfect example of this. They drove the ball and dominated on that series but they like to go back to their damn original game plan because they refuse to admit how their game plan is a failure. Pure madness, how can you stop running what's working?
[ Edited by 9erempire on Sep 23, 2013 at 7:19 PM ]
I agree.
The arrogance of the coaching staff has been pretty apparent for a while now, i mean we've been running the vaunted jumbo package for 2 years now with no success.
I get the impression that Harbaugh thinks he's preparing the team for something like he's still at San Diego St. but that s**t will get old fast with grown men. They just need to play the game and stop trying force everything.
I'm hoping that Roman is watching the Broncos game and maybe he can learn some plays from a real football team. Manning is holding a clinic on how to be a QB in the NFL.
To be honest he is not one of these coaches that can do more with less besides San Diego. At Stanford he had Andrew Luck and with the 49ers, he had huge talent. The 49ers were always talented. When you were bad for a decade, the picks and talent will eventually pay off. It's just that it took Jim to do it and those idiots like Nolan and Sing couldn't figure it out.

Harbs and the coaching staff are like football nerds who knows the ins and outs of football but when it comes time to actually play chess during the game, they are playing checkers with that chess mentality.
Originally posted by 9erempire:
To be honest he is not one of these coaches that can do more with less besides San Diego. At Stanford he had Andrew Luck and with the 49ers, he had huge talent. The 49ers were always talented. When you were bad for a decade, the picks and talent will eventually pay off. It's just that it took Jim to do it and those idiots like Nolan and Sing couldn't figure it out.

Harbs and the coaching staff are like football nerds who knows the ins and outs of football but when it comes time to actually play chess during the game, they are playing checkers with that chess mentality.

Ah, you haven't been watching the first two years. That is so wrong it isn't even funny. But keep trying.
Originally posted by 9erempire:

potato
Over their tenure here, this staff has adjusted very well. The playoffs are a great indicator. They were far better in the second half of every game.

This year is different though. They've gone to a pass-first mentality with a team that is built to run, and has no healthy quality receivers outside Boldin.

My question is this: why can't they use Hunter in the passing game a la Sproles? Why trade for Baldwin and not play him when he's clearly the biggest and strongest receiver on the team outside Boldin?
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Over their tenure here, this staff has adjusted very well. The playoffs are a great indicator. They were far better in the second half of every game.

This year is different though. They've gone to a pass-first mentality with a team that is built to run, and has no healthy quality receivers outside Boldin.

My question is this: why can't they use Hunter in the passing game a la Sproles? Why trade for Baldwin and not play him when he's clearly the biggest and strongest receiver on the team outside Boldin?

Or play James a la Sproles. Get him on some screen passes.
How many out routes have we completed? How many comeback/curl routes have you seen us run? How many slants have we tried? How many screens have you seen us run vs blitzes? how many end arounds or reverses have we ran vs an over-pursuing run defense? These are all standard Football plays which for some reason seldom get called....

Yeah our staff is really stubborn with the playcalling...........

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Or play James a la Sproles. Get him on some screen passes.

This. I'd LOVE to see them utilize James on screens, short passes, get him deep downfield even, he's practically the only player on the offense other than VD with homerun/take it the distance type of speed and athleticism.
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
How many out routes have we completed? How many comeback/curl routes have you seen us run? How many slants have we tried? How many screens have you seen us run vs blitzes? how many end arounds or reverses have we ran vs an over-pursuing run defense? These are all standard Football plays which for some reason seldom get called....

Yeah our staff is really stubborn with the playcalling...........

I also see a lot of long developing routes, very few short/quick hitter type setup plays, no slants, screens...etc. It's like Harbaugh wants them to play Lindy Infante football, right down to the use of the fullback in the passing game downfield. The more I look at this offense, the more it seems like Harbaugh doesn't know what identity he wants, there's a bit of the WCO, a bit of the read option style offense, a bit of the Infante offense, some of Bo's offense at Michigan, and meanwhile you've got Roman who's playcalling is incredibly erratic and all I see is chaos and lack of consistency.

In fact, the more I see this offense, the more and more I'm reminded of the Colts under Infante, with Harbaugh trying to turn this team into that offense and Kaepernick into himself as a player.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM ]
its this Roman Greco dude. He gotta go. that jumbo set is silly, slow and always gets NEGATIVE yardage. Play Quitton Patton more and use Quan in Motion and have Kape take 5 step drops and release and then if nothing is there, give him the freedom to run the ball north and south.
I agree. And the lack of second half adjustments is atrocious.
Two years. First two game losing streak of the Harbaugh era. Yeah, they suck.
Share 49ersWebzone