There are 264 users in the forums

A Little Perspective, Please?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not going to lie this post took being talked off the ledge by a Seahawks fan. In all the years of baseball no team had come back from an 0-3 deficit to win an MLB playoff series until the 2004 Red Sox. The unbelievable and improbable are still possible. #ForeverFaithful
Originally posted by trellblaze:
For you doom/gloom fans who are already calling for firings and major changes...

1974 Steelers (record was 1-1-1. A tie is not a loss but it's not a win either)
1981 49ers (remember these guys?)
1992 Cowboys (started 0-2)
2000 Patriots (started 0-2)
2006 Giants (started 0-2)

The moral of the story? RELAX! It's week three!!! Geez...

The 2006 Giants didn't win the Super Bowl...

5 SB winning teams out of 47 were 1-2. You're right; it's in the bag.
Originally posted by ninerhippy:
-terry bradshaw
-joe montana
-troy aikman
-tom brady
-eli manning

Kaepernick doesnt look like a NFL caliber quarterback at the moment let alone a hall of famer.

Neither does eli manning what's your point
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by ninerhippy:
-terry bradshaw
-joe montana
-troy aikman
-tom brady
-eli manning

Kaepernick doesnt look like a NFL caliber quarterback at the moment let alone a hall of famer.

Neither does eli manning what's your point

Originally posted by trellblaze:
For you doom/gloom fans who are already calling for firings and major changes...

1974 Steelers (record was 1-1-1. A tie is not a loss but it's not a win either)
1981 49ers (remember these guys?)
1992 Cowboys (started 0-2)
2000 Patriots (started 0-2)
2006 Giants (started 0-2)

The moral of the story? RELAX! It's week three!!! Geez...

Cowboys 0-2 during Emmett Smith's hold out. They were unstoppable once he was back.
We have to be patient with this team. Fans have to remember Colt McCoy is our other QB. We don't have the luxury of Smith and Kap last year.

If we had another #2 guy then I am all for benching Kap. Since Colt is out other QB, we should not bench Kap. I've seen what Colt is capable of and that's not too many things.

In the past, we had the luxury of benching a QB when they sucked. I am all for benching Kap but not with Colt.
We need to draft another QB next year....I'm thinking this guy. Heisman candidate, Derek Carr.

Surprised how many people have turned on Kaepernick after two rough starts. I'm only watching on TV, but from what I see, our second-rate receivers are covered and he has nobody to throw to. He does seem to have happy feet now, after getting hit more than before. He also seems hesitant to throw balls away, and instead, wants to create magic on every play. I think as he matures he will learn to manage that better.

In the meantime, I don't understand why we don't dump off to running backs more or run some screens/bunch formations to help create some space. And oh yeah, run Frank the Tank more.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
The 2006 Giants didn't win the Super Bowl...

5 SB winning teams out of 47 were 1-2. You're right; it's in the bag.

Typing error. That should've said 2007 Giants. The point is not to prove that we will win the SB. It's to prove that week 3 is too early to react so drastically.

*edited - wrong date AGAIN...lol
[ Edited by trellblaze on Sep 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM ]

Also all those examples include a team with Joe Montana as the qb. The crux of the problem with this team is the qb position. If kap can make the next step in his development to seeing the game in advance them we'll be fine. If he can't and it's all about his physical tools, we're screwed. It's chess not checkers.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Cowboys 0-2 during Emmett Smith's hold out. They were unstoppable once he was back.

You could make an excuse for ALL those teams, including THE CURRENT ONE. You could say that Colin has only started 12 games. You could say that Crabtree is hurt. You could say that Vernon Davis missed the 3rd game. You could say the team had off the field distractions (Aldon Smith?).

None of it really matters. The point remains that it's way to early to be waving white OR red 'n gold flags...
I would not put stock in this guys take. Kaep is not going anywhere ... please get a grip. Plus, never trust a guy with wrist tattoos ;)
Backup QBs are backup QBs for a reason. Almost ALL teams could say the same - that the backup is not very good. Does anyone know who Peyton Manning's backup is? How about Drew Breeze? Eli Manning? Aaron Rogers's backups are both 49er throw aways.

This topic has been a theme among 49er fans this year and I don't understand why. Maybe it's because for many of us, our H.O.F. QB's backup QB turned out to be a H.O.F. QB himself? I think I'm understating it when I say that this sort of situation is not common.

Relax guys. We have a great team. Adversity is good. It builds...it strengthens. We'll be ok.
Originally posted by 9erempire:
We need to draft another QB next year....I'm thinking this guy. Heisman candidate, Derek Carr.

wrist tattoos

hes not a leader
Share 49ersWebzone