There are 219 users in the forums

A Little Perspective, Please?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What I wanna know is, how many teams in the last 20 years went BACK to the playoffs, after losing their Super Bowl??

or

What about teams that loss their Super Bowl and went back to win it the next year??

The only two teams to do it were the 1971 Cowboys and the 1972 Dolphins.

I still meant in the last 20 years, but that still sucks, odds don't look good.
What I wanna know is, how many teams in the last 20 years went BACK to the playoffs, after losing their Super Bowl??
Patriots, Bills, Broncos, Seacocks, Steelers Colts, Im sure theres more but i cant remember them all.

or

What about teams that loss their Super Bowl and went back to win it the next year??
None that I can remember
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Sep 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM ]
This is not the last 20 years but still interesting/ironic...

WON SB AFTER LOSING PREVIOUS YEAR.

1971 Cowboys (Previous year: Lost to Baltimore Colts)
1972 Dolphins (Previous year: Lost to the above mentioned Cowboys)
Here is great perspective. Could not agree with this article any more

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2013/09/23/the-kaepernick-effect-the-49ers-are-now-totally-and-logically-reliant-on-him-and-defenses-have-adjusted/
Originally posted by SofaKing:

or

The only two teams to do it were the 1971 Cowboys and the 1972 Dolphins.

Man just when i gave the team a chance after reading the OP, Kolohe comes and kills the dream, although i see his argument. We should have seen the Superbowl hangover coming. On a brightside, hopefully we'll lose all the bandwagon fans. Let them rush the SeaF**ks bandwagon.
Every year I'm sure the losing teams fan base says that...relaxing didn't help I imagine
3 straight trips to the nfcc game?
Originally posted by Aacadena:
Man just when i gave the team a chance after reading the OP, Kolohe comes and kills the dream, although i see his argument. We should have seen the Superbowl hangover coming. On a brightside, hopefully we'll lose all the bandwagon fans. Let them rush the SeaF**ks bandwagon.

I think people put WAAAY too much stock into that particular stat. Remember there was an era where the NFC dominated the SB. Usually the AFC opponent seemed like a random choice - whoever didn't beat themselves at the wrong time. In other words, there was no dominant AFC contender year in and year out. Then there was the Buffalo years...
Originally posted by baltien:
...you guys are aware that we really haven't been using the read option right? And even when we do, it's the least of our problems on offense.

Actually we are. Difference is defenses are no longer paralyzed by the fake. They are diagnosing runs extremely quickly and blowing them up in the backfield. The QB keep option has been taken away by the defense. They are forcing Kap to stay in the pocket while not biting on the play fake. The result is no running lanes, no passing lanes. This offense has been figured out completely. Pretty obvious when you watch the games.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
just tank for Clowney or Bridgwater

trade ck to free up money to sign your boy crabtree?

I can't think that far ahead, how about as soon as the kick-off against the Rams Thursday night.
Only 5 teams? Now i'm more depressed then before i opened this thread.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I can't think that far ahead, how about as soon as the kick-off against the Rams Thursday night.

That's kind of the point of all this. People's emotions seem to be on a week to week basis these days. We win and it's SB guarantee. We lose and Harbaugh/Baalke need to be fired and the whole team replaced.

The point of my post was to put things in perspective. It was really just a round about way of saying "It's a long season and this is just the beginning".

Fans need to relax and let the next game play out.
-terry bradshaw
-joe montana
-troy aikman
-tom brady
-eli manning

Kaepernick doesnt look like a NFL caliber quarterback at the moment let alone a hall of famer.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_the_percentage_of_NFL_teams_who_start_1-2_that_make_the_playoffs

We will be watching from home this year.
Share 49ersWebzone