LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

A Little Perspective, Please?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
just tank for Clowney or Bridgwater
Until we get back to our strengths and stop trying to play like we HAVE a WR corps, it'll be the same thing all season.

Look at this game.

And compare it to the game that we just played. What do these 2 games have in common? We ran the ball great. What do these games NOT have in common? Well, against the Colts we got away from what worked and failed miserably the entire 2nd 3rd and 4th quarter.

[ Edited by defenderDX on Sep 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM ]
^^ Proof that Kap can excel in a traditional offense.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

EXACTLY. The coaches are totally misusing him IMO. Read option was a nice thing to do to catch teams surprise in the playoffs, but enough's enough. Stop with the read option, stop using Kaep like he's playing for Mike Martz.

Thanks.
[ Edited by defenderDX on Sep 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM ]
This will only make our team stronger in the end! We will overcome. Agreed watching it play out will be interesting! And fun if we overcome come first play thursday night
Originally posted by defenderDX:

EXACTLY

That ^^
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I think most of us knew that we wouldn't be 5-0 going into week 6. We obviously have a ridiculous start. I wasn't bummed out by the loss in Seattle because that was pretty much how I expected the game to play out. The Colts game was a little more disheartening. A lot more. I'm a little sickened with the ship-jumping. REALLY upset that half our posters have written off our star quarterback after two bad games.

I knew deep down that we'd lose in Seattle (I have doubts any team will win there this year), but yeah, this past Sunday's loss gave me a little whiplash. I'm not disheartened though. I really think we have and excellent staff and roster, and it's a long season. I'm sure some of the ship jumpers are just playing up their (understandable) disgust for dramatic effect or maybe even as a defense mechanism in case things go south. But if we pull out the win Thursday and follow it up with a great performance at home against Houston, even the most jaded fans will have to at least applaud the team's bounce-back response.
[ Edited by au8277 on Sep 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM ]

EXACTLY. The coaches are totally misusing him IMO. Read option was a nice thing to do to catch teams surprise in the playoffs, but enough's enough. Stop with the read option, stop using Kaep like he's playing for Mike Martz.

Thanks.

Right on!
Originally posted by susweel:
just tank for Clowney or Bridgwater

why would we tank when we already have a tank?
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
tank for clowney!

was thinking about this. but whose to say he'd even be there because Jacksonville might only win one game and it better not be vs SF

Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for baltien.

Thanks.

Right on!

...you guys are aware that we really haven't been using the read option right? And even when we do, it's the least of our problems on offense.
While I am concerned, I am not on suicide watch, even if this is not "the season" I feel confident we are still on the right track, we have great players, and great coaches, and a great front office, so we will be fine. I do feel we may not win this Thursday, and that just might be what it takes to turn this thing around.
For you doom/gloom fans who are already calling for firings and major changes...

1974 Steelers (record was 1-1-1. A tie is not a loss but it's not a win either)
1981 49ers (remember these guys?)
1992 Cowboys (started 0-2)
2000 Patriots (started 0-2)
2007 Giants (started 0-2) *edited

The moral of the story? RELAX! It's week three!!! Geez...
[ Edited by trellblaze on Sep 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What I wanna know is, how many teams in the last 20 years went BACK to the playoffs, after losing their Super Bowl??

or

What about teams that loss their Super Bowl and went back to win it the next year??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What I wanna know is, how many teams in the last 20 years went BACK to the playoffs, after losing their Super Bowl??

or

What about teams that loss their Super Bowl and went back to win it the next year??

The only two teams to do it were the 1971 Cowboys and the 1972 Dolphins.
Share 49ersWebzone