LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Poll:Is Thursday night a must win game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Poll:Is Thursday night a must win game?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace52:
Every game from now on must be treated like a playoff game, IMO.
With Seattle already 2 games ahead, our margin for errors is gone.

No doubt about it, if we don't at least try to win NFC West, it will mean we will have to go through Seattle in the playoffs which will be almost hopeless.
Who's gonna cover TE Jared Cook, Donte Whitner?
Its obviously very important but a MUST win? I wouldnt go that far. The Niners can lose this game and still make the playoffs. Win or lose I doubt they finish ahead of Seattle anyway.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I do not know who will win on Thursday.

I do not know what is going to happen in the next 13 games.

I do not know who will win the division or who will make the play offs.

Apparently, I am not too bright.

[ Edited by buck on Sep 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM ]
if fans wanna give the suicide hotline a well deserved break, then yeah its a must win....
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Who's gonna cover TE Jared Cook, Donte Whitner?

Damn..good question!
Imo every game is! Win the ones your suppose to and take the ones your not! But not everything goes as planned....... Starting thurs its all up hill from here :)
2-2
Goniners
No
Disclaimer: MY OPINION

You guys went 5-4 last year vs quality opponents. You have roughly 8 games (including this Thursday) left against quality opponents this season. If you go 5-3 with those, you may end up 11-5, which should be good enough for a wildcard. I'd say Thursday's game is a must-win. Especially if you want any kind of hope to remain in the NFC West Division Leader Race. The Rams had the best NFC West record last year, so no one should discount them.
we have to win this one

• mayo49
  • Veteran
If we lose Thursday not only are we losing the division, but quite possibly the wildcard also.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
If we lose Thursday not only are we losing the division, but quite possibly the wildcard also.

Yep, it will creep into that safety bracket for a wildcard spot. I had mentioned it before already, we still have a good number of strong teams to play such as Texans, Saints, Falcons and Seahawks again. Let's say we lose 3 of the 4 and then split the season with the Rams, that's a 10-6 season already. And by the way, has anyone watched the Giants vs Panthers game or highlights ? That Panthers' D-line is no joke, they basically totally destroyed the Giants. If we lose that one, it will be 9-7 which to me is almost certain we will miss the wildcard spot.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Let me see if I can play this game correctly.

If we lose against the Rams on Thursday, we could lose the rest of our games this season.
If we lose against the Rams on Thursday, we could win the rest of our games this season.

If we win against the Rams on Thursday, we could lose all the other games we play this year.
If we win against the Rams on Thursday, we could win the rest of our games this season.

If we win against the Rams on Thursday, we could win the NFC West.
If we lose against the Rams on Thursday, we could win the NFC West.

Boy, there sure are lot of possibilities. I don't know about this game.

This game is not very much fun. It seems kind of dumb.
The team has to get its' mojo back. If the offense can run the ball, the entire game, we'll win. We need an ass-kicking so teams like the Colts won't be saying they started their "Dynasty" at the expense of the 49ers.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I dont normally like thursday night games, but this team needs this short week to get the bad taste out of their mouths. So yes, this game is a must-win.
Share 49ersWebzone