LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

PFT REPORT: Frank Gore Angry At Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hopefully they give gire more touches. Thursday is a must win
Gore must STFU and learn to appreciate being coached by the best coach in the NFL history.
What was the context of the almost-mutiny in Baltimore last season? Cam Cameron?
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
he shouldn't have did that. now harbaugh is gonna trade him for a 7th rounder.

well the least they can do is trade him to the chiefs so he can play with a real QB
We are built as a smash mouth football team so let get back to that. Enough of the pistol and read option. It was great last year but it has not worked so far this year. Enough with all these shifts and formations. Let's get back to the WCO and smash the other team in the face with our run so that it helps (hopefully) our WR get some separation and space to run
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This is what worries me. I fear the coaching staff scrapped much of what we did in the past, and fully installed a pistol read-option offense during training camp. I wonder if they can change even if they wanted to.

That is a very terrifying thought.
Originally posted by Kaepernick2014:
Pete Carroll right now is coaching much better than Harbaugh, it's sad but true.

Yup. The script has flipped. In college, it was Carroll who was all flash and no substance. Now it's Harbaugh.
We've turned into the Jets. Have this team that has the personnel to be a power running game with a weak WR corps and then in an attempt to keep up with the Patriots, Packers, Saints, and other passing attacks we're trying to be a pass first offense with a young QB. Just like with the Jets it is failing miserably because you need to have capable WRs to be a passing team.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This is what worries me. I fear the coaching staff scrapped much of what we did in the past, and fully installed a pistol read-option offense during training camp. I wonder if they can change even if they wanted to.

That would be an epic failure of preparation and anticipation.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Perfectly describes the last 2 games. Terrifying indeed.

What was the context of the almost-mutiny in Baltimore last season? Cam Cameron?

The offense wasn't progressing Flacco to the next level but stagnanting him that Harbaugh said goodbye to Cam.

Yeah it was and the result was Jim Caldwell

The big difference in this matter is the loyalty factor between Harbaugh and his two coordinators: Fangio and Roman.
[ Edited by robniner on Sep 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM ]

Perfectly describes the last 2 games. Terrifying indeed.

Bingo.
I just re-watched the game. We didn't abandon the run. We actually ran almost every 1st down. We only passed on 2 1st downs in the 1 half and that was because they moved the SS down. We essentially checked to the pass when they dropped the SS. I mean from strategical standpoint dropping the SS down puts you at an advantage but for some reason we're not taking advantage of it. WRs can't get open. Plain and simple really. Maybe we should just run into 8 man boxes until they start crowding the line.
Originally posted by eonblue:
I just re-watched the game. We didn't abandon the run. We actually ran almost every 1st down. We only passed on 2 1st downs in the 1 half and that was because they moved the SS down. We essentially checked to the pass when they dropped the SS. I mean from strategical standpoint dropping the SS down puts you at an advantage but for some reason we're not taking advantage of it. WRs can't get open. Plain and simple really. Maybe we should just run into 8 man boxes until they start crowding the line.

Maybe its time to either go back to curls, or, the slant routes especially the quick series.
Sad.
Share 49ersWebzone