LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

PFT REPORT: Frank Gore Angry At Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerG94:
So now that a huge deal was made out of the 49ers abandoning the running game, I feel like Harbaugh and Roman are just going to want to pass even more now. You know the Rams are game planning hard to stop the run after last weeks performance and they'll be thinking we are going to try hard as ever to establish the run considering the 49ers performance the past two weeks as well.

Will Harbaugh and Roman outsmart themselves again this week with another cutesy pass happy game plan or will they try and get back to 49ers football? Going to be a really fun game to watch unless of course the faithful are treated to yet another embarrassment on national television.

good question but i think establishing an identity is the main concern so hopefully theyre smart enough to run it. i dont see why they got away from it in the first place, the creativity in our run game was our bread and butter the first two years with harbaugh
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
good question but i think establishing an identity is the main concern so hopefully theyre smart enough to run it. i dont see why they got away from it in the first place, the creativity in our run game was our bread and butter the first two years with harbaugh

Couldn't agree more. Im wearing my Frank Gore probowl jersey to the game and I hope its ends up being a statement game for our guys on offense. They deserve it. They've had statement games played against them two weeks in a row now and I'll be sick for guys like Frank if this season is a wash.
We just need to come out and make a statement by running the ball, heavy formation, motion, power runs. MAKE the defense stop it, don't assume they are anticipating the run and come out passing. Now if we come out and run it and are getting killed, then we mix it up a tad bit more. Whatever they do, don't abandon the run.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
We just need to come out and make a statement by running the ball, heavy formation, motion, power runs. MAKE the defense stop it, don't assume they are anticipating the run and come out passing. Now if we come out and run it and are getting killed, then we mix it up a tad bit more. Whatever they do, don't abandon the run.

More words of wisdom from the zone!! Lets hope Roman and Harbaugh have choked down enough humble pie and are ready to come out swinging..... Not literally of course. I'm also going to be expecting a much more disciplined team this week. If we get over 10 penalties in this game I'm going to be upset.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Our receivers are hard pressed to get open...we need to recommit to running the ball. And then use play action to open up the pass.

On our second possession we did just that. Established the run. But then we went away from it.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Make the defense commit eight men to the box to stop the run....then pass on the D. Use bunch, slot and trips formations to engineer free releases off the line for the hot receiver. Throw screens to backs. Use the tight end. Move the pocket on designed rollouts and bootlegs.

There's so much stuff that's there for the taking. Take it...and the deeper stuff is going to open up.
[ Edited by kray28 on Sep 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by kray28:
Make the defense commit eight men to the box to stop the run....then pass on the D. Use bunch, slot and trips formations to engineer free releases off the line for the hot receiver. Throw screens to backs. Use the tight end. Move the pocket on designed rollouts and bootlegs.

There's so much stuff that's there for the taking. Take it...and the deeper stuff is going to open up.

We've been trying to pass against a loaded box for the past two weeks and its been futile. Our WR's cannot get open against one on one coverage. Between scheme and the players this needs to get figured out now or its going to be a long season. Agree with you on the screens and in getting the TE's involved for sure! The only way to open up the passing game is to somehow get the run game going first.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

Frank Gore says "I like Coach Harbaugh a lot. No issues." Disputes report he yelled angry words at coach in Sunday's loss. "Thats not me"
Originally posted by Jcool:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

Frank Gore says "I like Coach Harbaugh a lot. No issues." Disputes report he yelled angry words at coach in Sunday's loss. "Thats not me"

I believe him. Someone probably just saw him look frustrated and turned it in to "him yelling at him and being mad"
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

I believe him. Someone probably just saw him look frustrated and turned it in to "him yelling at him and being mad"

Yeah, Frank is a loyal guy. If anything, he was likely frustrated with the results more than any particular coach or teammate.

Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

Yup. Things get heated when s**t is hitting the fan. Its not personal, its just battle.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

Yup. Things get heated when s**t is hitting the fan. Its not personal, its just battle.

That's all Mike Florio from PFT. He's been spreading misinformation and trying to create controversy about us ever since Harbaugh took over. Jimbo must have banged his wife back in the 80's or something.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

That's all Mike Florio from PFT. He's been spreading misinformation and trying to create controversy about us ever since Harbaugh took over. Jimbo must have banged his wife back in the 80's or something.

If he did "yell", it was nothing compared to when Steve Young blasted George Seifert in that Eagles loss way back in 94'.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
If he did "yell", it was nothing compared to when Steve Young blasted George Seifert in that Eagles loss way back in 94'.

Hahaha that is exactly what came to mind when I first heard about Gore being angry at Harbaugh. Steve was ready to throw punches at Seifert. Disagreements like that happen sometimes, but nothing happened here. Hell, Rodgers and McCarthy won a SB together and they got in each others face this week.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

Yeah it is very obvious Florio has an ax to grind.
Share 49ersWebzone