LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

POLL: Is Jim Harbaugh losing control of the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL: Is Jim Harbaugh losing control of the team?

Originally posted by Baldie:
Plays come from Roman, go to Harbaugh, then to Kaep. Harbaugh, you have to think, has power to veto a play so you can't blame Roman for everything. The game planning should be blamed for this loss. I don't see anymore creativity with this offense. It seems like they are trying to just put on a Kaep show. He's a special player, but not special enough to win the whole game for you, maybe not yet.

This. Even with Brady, the Patriots ran a fairly conservative offense for his first few years in the NFL, they leaned a lot on their defense.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 22, 2013 at 8:18 PM ]
Originally posted by rondoman:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I honestly don't think we have one of the best coaching staffs in the league.
Well it sure is difficult to explain how we got 2 Super Bowl runs their first 2 years on the job

Took the league by surprise. Snuck up on teams. Stayed relatively healthy. Plenty of teams go on deep runs without having what others consider a great coaching staff.

Harbaugh has a short shelf life IMO now that teams have caught on to our game plan and his unwillingness to adjust. Hope I'm wrong but it's the feeling I get.
Not the feeling I get. I see injury to the starting NT Crabs VD Manningham and we need to commit to the run and better develop our WRs and get them the ball on a more regular basis. Jim will be here. You remember the last decade?
I honestly don't think we have one of the best coaching staffs in the league.

we do aside from offensive coordinator.

that's cost us 2 out of 3 games
Plays come from Roman, go to Harbaugh, then to Kaep. Harbaugh, you have to think, has power to veto a play so you can't blame Roman for everything. The game planning should be blamed for this loss. I don't see anymore creativity with this offense. It seems like they are trying to just put on a Kaep show. He's a special player, but not special enough to win the whole game for you, maybe not yet.

Exactly how long of a play clock do you think they have? In every game so far, they have had issues getting the play down in time. Sure, lets take that time, have Harbaugh veto the play, get another one down and hope the refs don't notice that they are 18 seconds beyond the play clock. Smart.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
I understand Franks frustration but i think there's more to blame than the coach, it's kinda hard to run the ball when your in a catch up mode. There are too many things going on in that team and it needs to be settled soon, and the media aint helping either by being an instigator. it is what it is

We abandoned the run after the first series! Gore was showing probably having a monster game!
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Exactly how long of a play clock do you think they have? In every game so far, they have had issues getting the play down in time. Sure, lets take that time, have Harbaugh veto the play, get another one down and hope the refs don't notice that they are 18 seconds beyond the play clock. Smart.

The niners have had clock issues back to dingleberry. Remember up in seattle when alex called a timeout before our first play from scrimmage? WTF??
You know what's funny?

In college, Harbaugh ran a pro offense. In the pro's, he's running a college offense. This guy has it backwards.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
We abandoned the run after the first series! Gore was showing probably having a monster game!

He a averaged 7.5 ypc. Harbaugh should have seen that Kaepernick either isn't what he used to be, or teams figured him out and stuck with what was working. 1/4 blame to QB, 3/4 to coach.
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

He a averaged 7.5 ypc. Harbaugh should have seen that Kaepernick either isn't what he used to be, or teams figured him out and stuck with what was working. 1/4 blame to QB, 3/4 to coach.
Teams figured out that he only trusts Boldin and VD and VD was out. We need better targets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames

Hey ____ my knee feels fine I'm ready to play ...

Originally posted by Jcool:
LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames

Hey ____ my knee feels fine I'm ready to play ...
Let's have him play and run all game with a 3 back rotation. Let us learn to run again. Let's run all year long and pass when we have to and when the defense overreaches to stop the run
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

From Roblow to Harbonehead to Krapertrick
I dont think Harbaugh is at fault for our recent performances. Does anybody believe we would have lost to the colts if crabs is healthy...Hell no!! This has everything to do with Kaepernick and our practice squad receivers. Kaepernick has clearly hit a wall in his development and its obvious he is frustrated. He left plays on the field in Seattle because he isnt particularly poised when his first read is covered. At this point i expect us to run 4 wide against the rams because any tandem of DB's in the NFL can shut down our receiving corps. I think it would help get Kaep in his comfort zone.
[ Edited by ninerhippy on Sep 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:

It makes sense that Gore is b***hing because it's his stats getting hurt when we switch to the read option.

What has Frank Gore ever done to merit your painting him as self-centered and egotistical?

If Gore did get angry it may have started
Share 49ersWebzone