LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

POLL: Is Jim Harbaugh losing control of the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL: Is Jim Harbaugh losing control of the team?

If players are not 100% bought in to the coaching staffs philosophy, that is the beginning of the end most times.
  • Veteran
I really think they should give Kap some freedom like they did last year. keeping him back as a pocket passer with this WR group wont do.
He had words after the game too?
Post game said they had a back and forth in the second half.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Frank Gore reportedly had choice words with Harbaugh after the loss as well he should.

If i was Frank i would have been PISSED. Though this is not the first time i would have chewed harbaugh out if i was Frank. He should have had the carries on the goalline in the SB.
I don't blame him. He ran for greater than 5 yards a carry in both our playoff losses. NFCCG we got away from the run in second half. Super Bowl we go away from Gore and we don't get the 5 yards we need to win and immortalize Gore. We are wasting him
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Players will start to lose confidence in the game plan. They're not stupid, they know why it's not working. I hope someone steps up, becomes a leader, and voices their concerns with coaching staff. This cannot continue.

Gore already did

Glad to hear it. I'm sad it came to that point, but it had to be done. Not surprised it was Frank who did it. He gives a s**t, more than anyone else on this team it seems.
Players will start to lose confidence in the game plan. They're not stupid, they know why it's not working. I hope someone steps up, becomes a leader, and voices their concerns with coaching staff. This cannot continue.

Gore already did

Glad to hear it. I'm sad it came to that point, but it had to be done. Not surprised it was Frank who did it. He gives a s**t, more than anyone else on this team it seems.

He had to check him in ATL as well right before we went down 17-0. Then we came out in the goal line and ran that ball down ATL throats and set the tone and won the game
Originally posted by 190836:
I really think they should give Kap some freedom like they did last year. keeping him back as a pocket passer with this WR group wont do.

Thats not the problem. He is able to run under center in a traditional NFL offense. Why are they not running one when it was what was successful for us for nearly 2 seasons?

Not only are they running read option and pistol offense, but they are running a castrated version of it that has no real threat of Kaps legs. f**k that nonsense. Run a pro offense.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Finally someone speaks up!! Go Gore don't take no s**t you have all the right and are correct Gore needs the ball
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I agree. It's like they're trying to have Kaep win with his arm every week.

It's because he's scared to death of the thought of Colt McCoy taking the field...if only Alex Smith were willing to be a backup, can't blame him obviously though for wanting to play.

Originally posted by rondoman:
If players are not 100% bought in to the coaching staffs philosophy, that is the beginning of the end most times.

Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves. We lost two games. Yes, there are major problems, but we went deep in the playoffs the last two years. We have one of the best coaching staffs in the league. Everyone knows that. I don't think any of the players are going to start checking out because of two bad games. Let's try to avoid the chicken little syndrome. Yeah it could be a s**tty year, with no playoffs. That doesn't mean the team is sailing off a cliff.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I agree. It's like they're trying to have Kaep win with his arm every week.

It's because he's scared to death of the thought of Colt McCoy taking the field...if only Alex Smith were willing to be a backup, can't blame him obviously though for wanting to play.

huh?
I understand Franks frustration but i think there's more to blame than the coach, it's kinda hard to run the ball when your in a catch up mode. There are too many things going on in that team and it needs to be settled soon, and the media aint helping either by being an instigator. it is what it is

Gore already did

Gore has always been outspoken like that./ He did the same thing during the Falcons game in the playoffs.

The team hasn't lost confidence in Harbaugh or the coaching staff. It makes sense that Gore is b***hing because it's his stats getting hurt when we switch to the read option. He wants Jumbo I every snap. Harbaugh needs to get to what works. Plain and simple. If he doesn't then it's not going to matter what the players think because Baalke will have no problem shuffling things around.
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Originally posted by rondoman:

Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves. We lost two games. Yes, there are major problems, but we went deep in the playoffs the last two years. We have one of the best coaching staffs in the league. Everyone knows that. I don't think any of the players are going to start checking out because of two bad games. Let's try to avoid the chicken little syndrome. Yeah it could be a s**tty year, with no playoffs. That doesn't mean the team is sailing off a cliff.

I honestly don't think we have one of the best coaching staffs in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone