There are 259 users in the forums

2013 - Week 3: Thoughts after watching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
Lol all the same people freaking out will completely forget these last 2 games once we destroy the Rams.

#bandwagonfans

who cares about beating good teams when we can pound crappy teams.....

so if we beat the good teams we faced this year: seahawks, colts

and lost to the crappy teams: packers (aside from rodgers, not looking good) and rams

we would be 2-2.....and the drama on NT would still be the same
Originally posted by TDNiners:
By the way. whatever happened to that phrase

"Throw the WR open"

He needs to do that too. Same criticisms apply, there are times where he should gun one there on an out pattern or something and he gets happy feet these last two games, and then times where he guns them innacurately or guns it when it needs touch etc. He does not look good since that opening game. Not common to see such a stark contrast with someone whos career trajectory was always pointing up it seemed. Hopefully the coaches can kind of coddle him, and reel him in a bit. I think everyone here mostly has it nailed, get back to ball control, running the ball. Short WCO style passes, if we called some slants i swear we can drive the ball. Honestly Kap needs to just put the damn touch on the ball once we start using the slant, and eventually maybe some sluggos, etc. Im not giving up at all, we just have to get through the rough time until we can get our key guys back.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Lol all the same people freaking out will completely forget these last 2 games once we destroy the Rams.

#bandwagonfans

and lost to the crappy teams: packers (aside from rodgers, not looking good) and rams

taking the day off when you play a bad team, while infuriating, would be better than this s**t
Originally posted by ads_2006:

#bandwagonfans

taking the day off when you play a bad team, while infuriating, would be better than this s**t

We played 2 bad games in a row. Thats going to happen sometimes. It'll happen again. Our team will be fine
Originally posted by IMnotsoHO:

"Throw the WR open"

They turn into picks because you're throwing to s**tty receivers that cant or don't know how to fight for the ball.

I think that is what he is worried about.

but its funny you mentioned that TDniners...during the post game press conference...Kap was asked about no one getting open or something, and he said it didn't matter....that he needs to still get rid of the ball...he needs to throw them open.

so maybe he will just say f'it and try this next game. I just hope he throws it low and away from these receivers.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Here's a thought, I won't be watching Inside the NFL for another week, or any other football commentary show.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

"Throw the WR open"

They turn into picks because you're throwing to s**tty receivers that cant or don't know how to fight for the ball.

but its funny you mentioned that TDniners...during the post game press conference...Kap was asked about no one getting open or something, and he said it didn't matter....that he needs to still get rid of the ball...he needs to throw them open.

so maybe he will just say f'it and try this next game. I just hope he throws it low and away from these receivers.

1. Kap is too smart to blame anyone, but himself (reality or not).

2. He already was trying to throw the ball low away from the defender, but with the velocity he throws the ball those are really tough catches to make. My biggest knock on Kap is his reluctance to use touch. He makes difficult catches near impossible for most WRs to catch. That's probably why he liked Crabs; incredibly strong hands.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Here's a thought, I won't be watching Inside the NFL for another week, or any other football commentary show.

No PFT, no /r/NFL, no NFL Network, no NBCSN, no ESPN. Nope. Just the console of the Webzone.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

"Throw the WR open"

Thank you.

I'm glad he realizes it. He just need to let it rip. Just throw it 100mph like he is capable of. Lets see a couple of those frozen ropes. Especially when the DB still has their back turned.

I used to remember John Elway throw 100mph at the 10 yard line.
The receivers eventually learned to catch them without breaking their hands

Just let it rip CK.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

No PFT, no /r/NFL, no NFL Network, no NBCSN, no ESPN. Nope. Just the console of the Webzone.

Eckszackly!!!!

I don't wanna hear how the 9ers dropped in rankings, or what happen to the 9ers offense, or how the 9ers are not so mighty anymore, especially in week 4.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
What's with the refs calling some ticky tack stuff on us. I don't want to deflect the poor play on our part, but a couple very bad calls today completely benefited the Colts BIG TIME.

The first one was the helmet to helmet called on Whitner. The guy does everything textbook and gets called. If the NFL is serious about stopping helmet to helmet hits, they need to make the calls where they throw a flag reviewable. They cannot keep punishing players that lead with a shoulder against offensive players lowering their head. It sickens me that football has come to this. Anyway, this play gave the Colts ample momentum to march down the field on the opening drive. It left a bad taste in my mouth that stayed throughout the game.

The other call that stuck out was the defensive holding call on third down in the fourth quarter when we were only down by 6 (IIRC). This call took all the air out of our balloon. It was so ridiculous that after the announcers looked at the replay that had Rogers supposedly holding a player, they concluded that it must have been Bowman or Wilhoite holding a guy since they couldn't find the perp on screen. Not too mention the ref couldn't even point out which player it was when announcing the call. For f**ks sake, at least tell us which player you thought had hold so we could try and find it in slo-mo replay. Still, no guarantee we score a TD or make a game out of it, but we cannot overcome the refs jobbing us at home.

And really, were the Colts so goddamned clean they only accrued one penalty? That very well may have been the case, but it just seems that all the chips were stacked in their favor, on our field.

Anyway, sorry for the diatribe. I don't like being that guy who blames the refs. God only knows we have enough issues that led to the loss. But the momentum changing calls sure don't help.

I have to wonder if some of these refs just flat out don't like our team for obvious reasons. They aren't robots, after all.

Refs/media don't care for Harbonehead...
Originally posted by dj43:
Thanks again for the summary. I agree on most points but disagree on Roman. A good coach will figure out how to allow his players to be effective. Roman has seen his receivers get shut down two weeks in a row and rather than adjusting the routes and patterns, he keeps pouring out the same old vanilla and the opponents are stomping it in the dirt.

Today we moaned about how losing Vernon Davis was the kiss of death. Well, that turned out to be a part of it but it needn't be. Last Thursday night we watched Andy Reid's team start a game with the 1st AND 2nd string TEs out of action, yet he managed to put in patterns that allowed Alex Smith to keep drives alive on 3rd down throwing to a TE that nobody even knew before that game. THAT is good coaching. Sitting around crying because VD couldn't play is not.

Excellent point

More proof that Roman/Harbaugh suck.
I think the saddest thing; is all the A Smith fans/fanatics that can't get off his nuts even though he plays on another team and hasn't taken a snap for the Niners in almost a year. Even though, he only had 1.5 seasons of good football here out of 7 miserable years of play not counting the 1.5. It's enough to make a hardcore Niner fan puke..
Originally posted by defenderDX:

HOLY SH*T! How I miss this offense.. balance offense makes perfect offense.
I give you credit for watching it again. Once was plenty for me.
Share 49ersWebzone