Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
So we're back to almost no depth again at OLB.....great move guys

did cam Johnson play today
Originally posted by hofer36:

did cam Johnson play today

He had a tackle. Haralson didn't show up on the stat sheet for the Saints.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
lol this dude with a source

I remember when that Amir dude said he was with Willis and he said that Revis was for sure gonna be a Niner lol

This dude with a source may be on to something because according to nfl.com once he enters rehab he will be on the nfi list and i believe wont be able to be activated again until after week six.

Be fair. What reasonable organisation could have predicted this?
Originally posted by English:

Maybe not predicted, but after last year you would think they would have put themselves in a better position to avoid a repeat. Which is why I found the Haralson trade baffling.
f**k this f*g.

The same one that should expect wr issues...we have a trend at certain positions
Aldon is very successful on the field, he makes tons of money and should just be happy about it and enjoy life, but he can't help getting into trouble because of drugs and alcohol; he then regrets his actions and apologizes to his teammates and to the fans. This defines addiction. From there, Jed and Aldon are taking the right decision; Aldon needs help now or it will be too late for him. This decision thus deserves the support of the fan base, even if it will hurt the team. It seems that the team entered a post lost Superbowl slump anyyway and that this season may have to be written off quite soon. I hope I am wrong, but all signs point to that direction (identity crisis as what team we want to be, tons of injuries, key leaders missing (Crabtree, V. Davis, now Willis and Aldon Smith), lack of emotion on the field, Kaep is just lost, too many penalties, etc.). We will see if Harbaugh can right the ship, but we are in a bad situation right now. I will be supporting the Niners in London late October anyway !
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Baalke gets some blame for this one. I can see trading one pass rusher away, not two.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Maybe not predicted, but after last year you would think they would have put themselves in a better position to avoid a repeat. Which is why I found the Haralson trade baffling.
I found the Cam Johnson trade even more baffling. He still has upside and he was growing on Fangio.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Baalke gets some blame for this one. I can see trading one pass rusher away, not two.
Gotta agree. When you struggle with depth at two positions multiple years in a row, cut or trade away the talent you do have at those positions (referring to Johnson, Haralson, Collie and Hawkins), and then end up with serious depth issues again, then you are blowing it.

I'm not calling for Baalke's head or anything. But he needs to be better at recognizing obvious short comings in the offseason.
SO NOW we traded payrs and cam....to only suspend Aldon............

fukin idiots...............
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I don't think anyone planed to suspend aldon, the kid has problems with his life he needs to address them now, he could have killed someone doing that crap. He needs to get his s**t together. Boone had this troubles, this can ruin your life, he should have been a day one pick and drinking almost cost him his future to ever play in the nfl. At least he's taking responsibility for his childish ways and trying to grow up and correct them.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I don't think anyone planed to suspend aldon, the kid has problems with his life he needs to address them now, he could have killed someone doing that crap. He needs to get his s**t together. Boone had this troubles, this can ruin your life, he should have been a day one pick and drinking almost cost him his future to ever play in the nfl. At least he's taking responsibility for his childish ways and trying to grow up and correct them.

They knew his history for doing/being involved with dumb s**t. You dont plan on this but you need to make sure if something else happened we would be covered.
Share 49ersWebzone