LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

BREAKING NEWS: ALDON SMITH SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY JED YORK

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Aldon Smith did what he did. Driving drunk is a dumb choice. Having problems with alcohol is a human frailty.

Many of us have problems. My problems have been much more serious than his. I have done idiotic things repeatedly in my life.
That did not make me an idiot, a thug, or a fool. Well, at least I hope that is true.

The team opted to respond in the manner they felt best.

I might have chosen a different manner, but it would be quite egotistical for me to think that my option would be the only viable or correct option.

In my opinion, his rehabilitation is not a public matter and certainly none of my business.

The bottom line is what he does in the future.

I seriously wish him the best of luck. I do know that we can change. I have, and if I have anybody can.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 24, 2013 at 9:13 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Aldon Smith did what he did. Driving drunk is a dumb choice. Having problems with alcohol is a human frailty.

Many of us have problems. My problems have been much more serious than his. I have done idiotic things repeatedly in my life.
That did not make me an idiot, a thug, or a fool. Well, at least I hope that is true.

The team opted to respond in the manner they felt best.

I might have chosen a different manner, but it would be quite egotistical for me to think that my option would be the only viable or correct option.

In my opinion, his rehabilitation is not a public matter and certainly none of my business.

The bottom line is what he does in the future.

I seriously wish him the best of luck. I do know that we can change. I have, and if I have anybody can.

best of luck..but niners is not a one team player...one thing for sure, i would not stand more years of mediocrity..
Is he going in for booze or drugs?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Is he going in for booze or drugs?

I do not think that that information has been made public.

I am pretty sure that California law would prohibit the team from releasing that information.

I am going to guess that he ......, no never mind. No point in guessing.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 25, 2013 at 3:26 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
aldon gone for we dont know how long, willis gets injured today. were already like 7 or 8 key players down as it is. pete carroll's got a f**kin jim harbaugh voodoo doll or something

YOU MAY BE RIGHT PETE MIGHT HAVE VOODOO DOLL..LOL BUT SERIOUSLY I HONESTLY THINK HES A BETTER COACH!! HARBAUGH HAS PROBLEMS MAKING ADJUSTMENTS IN A GAME WHEN THINGS DONT GO AS PLANNED..DID YOU WATCH ESPN,FOX OR ANY OTHERS AFTER THE GAME AGAINST SEATTLE??ALL SAID THE SAME JIM DOESNT DO WELL MAKING GAME TIME ADJUSTMENTS PERIOD!! SORRY TO POINT OUT THE TRUTH PETE CARROLLS A BETTER COACH! AND THATS WHY I FEEL THEY WILL DOMINATE THE NFC WEST FOR YEARS TO COME..AND THEY WILL BEAT US IN THE STICK IN DECEMBER BET UR MONEY ON THAT.
Originally posted by tlandman66:
aldon gone for we dont know how long, willis gets injured today. were already like 7 or 8 key players down as it is. pete carroll's got a f**kin jim harbaugh voodoo doll or something

YOU MAY BE RIGHT PETE MIGHT HAVE VOODOO DOLL..LOL BUT SERIOUSLY I HONESTLY THINK HES A BETTER COACH!! HARBAUGH HAS PROBLEMS MAKING ADJUSTMENTS IN A GAME WHEN THINGS DONT GO AS PLANNED..DID YOU WATCH ESPN,FOX OR ANY OTHERS AFTER THE GAME AGAINST SEATTLE??ALL SAID THE SAME JIM DOESNT DO WELL MAKING GAME TIME ADJUSTMENTS PERIOD!! SORRY TO POINT OUT THE TRUTH PETE CARROLLS A BETTER COACH! AND THATS WHY I FEEL THEY WILL DOMINATE THE NFC WEST FOR YEARS TO COME..AND THEY WILL BEAT US IN THE STICK IN DECEMBER BET UR MONEY ON THAT.

Yea sure
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Yea sure

this guy is definitely 100% a 49er fan for sure (or as he would say 100% A 49ER FAN FOR SURE)
Our secondary is bad with Aldon Smith. Without Aldon Smith is going to be a horror show...... ......
i had two duis with crashes around his age and several other times i was stopped but let go in a cab. it was all dumb and i'm so lucky that i never hurt anyone else doing what i did. im not exactly sure what the lesson was that i should have learned from all that but im here now and after 6 years without a license i finally haveone. i still drink but i did learn not to put myself in any situations where im going to end up behind the wheel drunk. i dont kno why i was lucky enough to have never hurt anybody or myself and be free to see my daughters grow up but hopefully aldon realizes at least that he was extremely lucky he only has two duis and not manslaughter.

Talbert
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Our secondary is bad with Aldon Smith. Without Aldon Smith is going to be a horror show...... ......

I don't think that's true. We have the 8th ranked pass defense right now. Our rushing D is what's horrendous right now - I believe we're in the bottom five.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I don't think that's true. We have the 8th ranked pass defense right now. Our rushing D is what's horrendous right now - I believe we're in the bottom five.

In my fantasy league it notes that the Rams RBs are facing the 32nd best opponent for rushers....that's right dead f'in last in giving up fantasy points to opposing RB's. It's time to dominate the time of possession and right the ship because the defense is much better than their stats and will be if they stay off the field for less than 36+ minutes.

"US"? You mean in December when your team plays us?

By the way, fans of other teams who come here pretending to be 49ers fans get banned. We expect a level of honesty here.

The loss against Atlanta in the playoffs was a direct result of Pete the cheats great coaching. That team will self implode as soon as they have some adversity.
Originally posted by ltrain:

In my fantasy league it notes that the Rams RBs are facing the 32nd best opponent for rushers....that's right dead f'in last in giving up fantasy points to opposing RB's. It's time to dominate the time of possession and right the ship because the defense is much better than their stats and will be if they stay off the field for less than 36+ minutes.

If we don't put full effort in running the ball (and not those cute tosses to Anthony Dixon), we will not even be close to 36 minutes.

We *will* lose if don't run the ball, try short passing, and use a screen. These intermediate routes with only 2 WRs running take too long to complete and it doesn't matter anyway because our WRs suck lol (outside Boldin).

Heavy dose of Frank and Kendall tomorrow night and we have a chance.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Sep 25, 2013 at 8:50 AM ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by ltrain:

If we don't put full effort in running the ball (and not those cute tosses to Anthony Dixon), we will not even be close to 36 minutes.

We *will* lose if don't run the ball, try short passing, and use a screen. These intermediate routes with only 2 WRs running take too long to complete and it doesn't matter anyway because our WRs suck lol (outside Boldin).

Heavy dose of Frank and Kendall tomorrow night and we have a chance.

We need to mix it up with power sweeps and pulling guards and eff chris long in his face
Share 49ersWebzone