There are 319 users in the forums

We need a true nose tackle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
i like what we have right now. dorsey has shown that he can be a play maker from the position. im sure with more reps and practice, he will get better with his technique. and we'll have decent depth there. it could be a issue though, but right now the NT position hasn't really been a problem.

With Ian Williams out for the year, and Glen Dorsey with a ham string injury, nose tackle is now a problem.

It will interesting to see who gets the call for the game tomorrow.

Next year, I do not think nose tackle will be a problem.
Should have drafted John Jenkins
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Should've signed Antonio Dixon.
Are we gonna make a move before tomorrow, or have they, and I am not aware of it?
Dorsey has looked fantastic, so hopefully he and Dial return to full health soon. DT/NT will definitely be the weak link until then.

At the same time, maybe it baits teams into running against us. Even with Jerod-Eddie at NT, I like our chances at stymieing the run against anybody. Arizona couldn't do it, but that's not saying much.

The Titans will be a good test on how good the run defense is. Go D!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Are we gonna make a move before tomorrow, or have they, and I am not aware of it?

There is an open roster spot. I do not think the team has indicated who will fill that spot.
Originally posted by buck:

There is an open roster spot. I do not think the team has indicated who will fill that spot.

They said they know move they are making and will announce today.

I'm guessing Dial is activated.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Oct 19, 2013 at 11:53 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:

damnit. I wish they would make a move, game is less than 24 hours away.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well I hope they are not gonna depend on Dial, who not only has miss the entire mini-camps, training camp and Preseason not to mention the last 6 weeks. Lets also not forget learning his position (which I wouldn't think would be too hard but still a little set back).
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

He's been looking pretty good.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well I hope they are not gonna depend on Dial, who not only has miss the entire mini-camps, training camp and Preseason not to mention the last 6 weeks. Lets also not forget learning his position (which I wouldn't think would be too hard but still a little set back).

He played NT at Bama. He should know some, but I agree, will be tough, but I would feel better with dial over purcell or TJE.
What's up with the shoulda, woulda, coulda draft this guy? Nobody good have predicted both NT's have injuries by week 7 and both Williams and Dorsey were playing well before their injuries. Injuries happen next man up! Whoever it is needs to step it up Purcell, Dial, whoever.
Mount McCullers in 14' but late in the 2nd early 3rd.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

He played NT at Bama. He should know some, but I agree, will be tough, but I would feel better with dial over purcell or TJE.

True he has played NT in college both DE and NT, but I'm gonna assume it must be really tough to transition to the NFL. And yes I'm with you, Dial over Purcell or TJE, and I much rather have TJE at DE than NT.

True he has played NT in college both DE and NT, but I'm gonna assume it must be really tough to transition to the NFL. And yes I'm with you, Dial over Purcell or TJE, and I much rather have TJE at DE than NT.

One scouting report on Dial said he lacked technique on using his hands, which seems like a deficit even more important in the NFL. And he played all across the line so while he had experience at NT it was not his designated role...just one of the many positions he filled. But I liked most of the write-ups on the guy and will hope for the best.
Share 49ersWebzone