LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Think LOGICALLY, blame ROMAN/HARBAUGH

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I just finished watching this abomination on DVR, and not going to scroll through all the pages...so does anyone know why, when the "traditional" run formations of QB under center and FB lead-blocker with Gore picking up yards, they STOPPED using it?

Cuz Roman's a f**king idiot that likes to follow up those positive plays with CUTE gimmicky plays and read options that just f**king cost us yards.

Can the QB run it though?

He sure can.

Kaep isn't being put in the best situation to win IMO. At least Alex had f**king consistency in play-calling. Kaep and his play-calling is all over the goddamn place

I beg to differ on that. Playcalling has now been identified as one of Roman's long standing deficiencies.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Kaep isn't being put in the best situation to win IMO. At least Alex had f**king consistency in play-calling. Kaep and his play-calling is all over the goddamn place

I beg to differ on that. Playcalling has now been identified as one of Roman's long standing deficiencies.

But when Alex was under center there was an identity. Now it's all over the place.
Harbaugh and Roman our their own worse enemy. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I just finished watching this abomination on DVR, and not going to scroll through all the pages...so does anyone know why, when the "traditional" run formations of QB under center and FB lead-blocker with Gore picking up yards, they STOPPED using it?

I have been saying since Kap took over that he needs to run the offense under center. Period. Thats how this offensive talent and identity functions best. They have done a good job of stripping this offense of its identity, and not replacing it with something that will work.

I'm re-watching this s**t right now.
I'm re-watching this s**t right now.

Google "49ers Full Game"

there are about 20+ games up there (14-15 or so in full)

The entire Bears game is up there as well if you wanted to see it.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

It's very perplexing...last week HarMan was very stubborn about the Pistol / read-option. They stuck with well after any halfway-intelligent football-minded person could see it just wasn't going to work.

Then they started off this week like "okay, we get it, let's get back to setting all the cute stuff up by first pounding the rock with Gore." And it worked. Yet did they stick with it? No, it was almost as if they said "alright then, we scored a TD, let's go back to what's been failing miserably so far this year."
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Roman needs to gtfo
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

It's very perplexing...last week HarMan was very stubborn about the Pistol / read-option. They stuck with well after any halfway-intelligent football-minded person could see it just wasn't going to work.

Then they started off this week like "okay, we get it, let's get back to setting all the cute stuff up by first pounding the rock with Gore." And it worked. Yet did they stick with it? No, it was almost as if they said "alright then, we scored a TD, let's go back to what's been failing miserably so far this year."

IMO it looked like the first drive was scripted for the most part. Then after that it went back to Roman.

I think Roman is a huge weak link on this team, but Harbaughs loyalty will never allow him to make a tough decision. I was sick of Roman in 2011.
Looking at the game logically, the Colts had better receivers, better running backs and a better QB.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Looking at the game logically, the Colts had better receivers, better running backs and a better QB.

Thats not really a logical way to look at the game since our offenses dont face each other. And LOL at the colts having better RB's than us. Frank averaged 7+ yards a carry on 11 carries.
Thats not really a logical way to look at the game since our offenses dont face each other. And LOL at the colts having better RB's than us. Frank averaged 7+ yards a carry on 11 carries.

That makes me furious. The game was close all the way until late 4th quarter. How in the f**k did we only run Frank 11 times at 7 yards a pop. He was getting quality yards consistently. f**k Roman.

They have a better scheme and better play calling. They try down field throws to stretch the defense while everything the 9ers do is 15 yards and shorter.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

That makes me furious. The game was close all the way until late 4th quarter. How in the f**k did we only run Frank 11 times at 7 yards a pop. He was getting quality yards consistently. f**k Roman.
Gore and Hunter got 4 carries combined in the second half. It is very clear Harbaugh and Roman do not understand what a bell cow is.
Originally posted by WALTERWHITE:

They have a better scheme and better play calling. They try down field throws to stretch the defense while everything the 9ers do is 15 yards and shorter.

Your second sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

The 49ers coaching staff need to re-watch the Bears film
Share 49ersWebzone