LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm sorry but there's no excuse for this not to be a 3rd consecutive blowout, their oline blows along with Palmer. Our d should force their d on the field constantly tiring them out.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Should be the same defensive gameplan as Houston. Palmer falters under pressure plus they have a nonexistent running game and mediocre receivers aside from Fitz. Their front 7 is underrated tho so I see us passing a little bit more.

I wouldn't say non-existent, Ellington is one of those shifty, quick running backs that has given the 49ers trouble in the past, he's averaging about 6 yards a carry over the past few weeks.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Should be the same defensive gameplan as Houston. Palmer falters under pressure plus they have a nonexistent running game and mediocre receivers aside from Fitz. Their front 7 is underrated tho so I see us passing a little bit more.

I wouldn't say non-existent, Ellington is one of those shifty, quick running backs that has given the 49ers trouble in the past, he's averaging about 6 yards a carry over the past few weeks.

refresh my memory on which RBs those were?
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Yeah I'm confused too, it's the lynch's and Jackson's that give us trouble. The big powerful runners, lock down fitz and its a win

We play well against quick running backs, it's the strong guys that kills us.
[ Edited by gold49digger on Oct 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM ]
I liked the fact that the 49ers jumped on their last two opponents and didn't let up. The only knock last year was that they were slow starters and didn't blow many teams out. In the NFL if you let any team hang around there's a good chance you'll get beat.
They still actually make us play these a*****es?
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I liked the fact that the 49ers jumped on their last two opponents and didn't let up. The only knock last year was that they were slow starters and didn't blow many teams out. In the NFL if you let any team hang around there's a good chance you'll get beat.

hopefully harbaugh goes for the points differential record on the way to the superbowl. this team has the potential to do it, especially when some of our weapons get healthy and our defense gets back to full strength

You don't remember Darren Sproles going for over 100 yards receiving....Reggie Bush with over 100 yards rushing/receiving last season. LeSean McCoy going for over 150 yards a couple seasons ago. Maybe not running up the middle but the ones who can run and catch out of the backfield have had success. Ellington right now has more receptions and yards receiving than any receiver on the 49ers not named Anquan Boldin. Cardinals have been using him more and more out of the backfield, so he's definitely dangerous in that respect.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 7, 2013 at 11:24 PM ]

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Yeah I'm confused too, it's the lynch's and Jackson's that give us trouble. The big powerful runners, lock down fitz and its a win

Yeah Bradshaw is another RB that has run well against us in the past.
You don't remember Darren Sproles going for over 100 yards receiving....Reggie Bush with over 100 yards rushing/receiving last season. LeSean McCoy going for over 150 yards a couple seasons ago. Maybe not running up the middle but the ones who can run and catch out of the backfield have had success. Ellington right now has more receptions and yards receiving than any receiver on the 49ers not named Anquan Boldin. Cardinals have been using him more and more out of the backfield, so he's definitely dangerous in that respect.

Bradshaw also. Edit: OregonDuck beat me too it. I'd say the only power backs that have given us trouble consistently are Lynch and on occasion Jackson. These past few years I have worried about Bradshaw and those types more than the power backs that run up the middle on us.

Also, I hope we don't take them lightly. A lot depends on if Palmer is throwing ints or not but with our passing game I'm not going to call it an automatic blow out. If our run game stalls (they are the 3rd ranked rush d) and we can't get Boldin or Davis the ball we are in trouble. If'd feel more comfortable if anyone besides Boldin or VD stepped up. Wish we'd be getting Baldwin, McDonald, Hunter and James more involved. We are the better team but I'm not going to act like we can't lose. Same with next weak at the Titans. That's a long trip but at least it's a late game. At this point have to be glad we aren't facing Locker. Again, won't act like it's an automatic win.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
We gonna tear that cardinal ass up!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by outside4949:
We gonna tear that cardinal ass up!

Share 49ersWebzone