LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Sorry missed the game. But how did Tony-Jerod Eddie did replacing Dorsey? Is he a legit backup? Anyways, Great team win! Go Niners!

There is a noticeable drop off, but it's to be expected...kid is a third stringer.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

49ers NT Glenn Dorsey, removed in first quarter, had right hamstring wrapped in locker room: "Yeah, it's cool. It'll be all right," he said.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Some of the (real) Chief fans, the ones that know about football/QB play, are not praising this dude...

They're just getting a taste of what we got year after year...

All the fans I've talked to think they won that trade for sure. I don't know why anyone cares though.

Hopefully they win a couple more and we get an upgraded draft slot.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Well when Dorsey went out ARI ran right at us with appreciable success. I don't want the same to happen to Dial but otherwise its coaches call

If Dial really is at 340 to 350, he's going to be very difficult to move, I wouldn't expect him to play a lot of snaps, but definitely it would help to be able to sub him in. Wouldn't be shocked to see the 49ers sign a veteran NT for a few weeks.
I gotta watch tape but my gut tells me ARI came out committed to stopping the run and playing us man but after VD reamed their a**** the first out they had to subtract from the box in order to chase VD and we were able to cash in with Gore down the stretch?

No, they still kept 8 in the box, that's really the only way their blitzing system works, however their defense just wore down towards the end and the offensive line was beginning to manhandle their guys, additionally Gore had some tremendous running, he was hitting the hole lightning quick, breaking tackles and making the most of every run.
time for the texas thread kid
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I gotta watch tape but my gut tells me ARI came out committed to stopping the run and playing us man but after VD reamed their a**** the first out they had to subtract from the box in order to chase VD and we were able to cash in with Gore down the stretch?

No, they still kept 8 in the box, that's really the only way their blitzing system works, however their defense just wore down towards the end and the offensive line was beginning to manhandle their guys, additionally Gore had some tremendous running, he was hitting the hole lightning quick, breaking tackles and making the most of every run.
Impressive!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Impressive!

A wondrous thing to behold! Was such a good, tough win!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Some of the (real) Chief fans, the ones that know about football/QB play, are not praising this dude...

They're just getting a taste of what we got year after year...

All the fans I've talked to think they won that trade for sure. I don't know why anyone cares though.

True, but I hope our the rookie we get will contribute as quickly as Eric Reid has...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Hopefully they win a couple more and we get an upgraded draft slot.

That would be funny if they stop winning after 8 wins

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
The Broncos in '09 went 6-0 with kyle f**king orton.

LOL, I remember that
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Sorry missed the game. But how did Tony-Jerod Eddie did replacing Dorsey? Is he a legit backup? Anyways, Great team win! Go Niners!

There is a noticeable drop off, but it's to be expected...kid is a third stringer.

Thanks Who else stood out to u guys? Good or Bad! What about out DBs, looks like our corners had a down game today other than the ints. What u guys think?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Dear Greg Roman,

I beg of you to do more of this (18 plays, 89 yards, over 9 minutes TOP and a score/TD)... PLEASE, I beg of you!!
I really hope Roman watched what Arizona did in the 3rd quarter, with the short, quick passes, screens..... drawing the defense in and then getting the ball out....etc......stuff like that should be utilized by the 49ers regularly.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Harbaugh, "we grinded some meat"

LOL!
Share 49ersWebzone