There are 169 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The Cardinals are 3-2 with wins over the Lions, Bucs and Panthers. It's time to give them a dose of reality at the Stick on Sunday and show them they aren't Contenders.

Didnt they start 4-0 last year before they lost to SF and then the wheels fell off and they again looked like the Cardinals that we all know?
Originally posted by frozen49er:
The Cardinals are 3-2 with wins over the Lions, Bucs and Panthers. It's time to give them a dose of reality at the Stick on Sunday and show them they aren't Contenders.

Didnt they start 4-0 last year before they lost to SF and then the wheels fell off and they again looked like the Cardinals that we all know?

Yes, but apparently their coach Bruce Arians is calling his buddy Pagano on tips how to beat the 49ers. Arians is hoping Roman calls no run plays for the game.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Yes, but apparently their coach Bruce Arians is calling his buddy Pagano on tips how to beat the 49ers. Arians is hoping Roman calls no run plays for the game.

In the immortal words of Mike Tyson, "everybody has a plan till they get punched in the face".
Originally posted by frozen49er:

If he was really his friend he would give him Luck for this game. The idea of Bowman against an extremely immobile QB cant be something Arians is exactly excited about.

In the immortal words of Mike Tyson, "everybody has a plan till they get punched in the face".

Or bites their ear off, but I hear ya.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

Haha...good quote to use. And at the Cards asking another team for advice, probably because it's too hard to watch film. I can't wait to see them get destroyed so Arians can go back to Pagano and tell him it didn't work.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict Jon Baldwin has about 5 catches, 115 yard game and finally brings balance in our passing game. If that happens, watch out!!

Love that quote.

That and, "I used to **** those azian womenz like seedwess gwapes"

Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict Jon Baldwin has about 5 catches, 115 yard game and finally brings balance in our passing game. If that happens, watch out!!

That would be awesome, but he doesn't even need to have that big of a game. If he just becomes a real option for Kap in the passing game, it'll open up a lot of things. I have a feeling that he will be that player, because I like what I'm seeing from him so far. He has a big body to shield DB's on slant routes, will go up and get the ball on passes down the sideline or on back shoulder throws, and I believe he can be a real deep threat. Hopefully this is the game where he breaks out and we finally have a real receiving option other than Boldin.
Originally posted by real9erfan:

That would be awesome, but he doesn't even need to have that big of a game. If he just becomes a real option for Kap in the passing game, it'll open up a lot of things. I have a feeling that he will be that player, because I like what I'm seeing from him so far. He has a big body to shield DB's on slant routes, will go up and get the ball on passes down the sideline or on back shoulder throws, and I believe he can be a real deep threat. Hopefully this is the game where he breaks out and we finally have a real receiving option other than Boldin.

He had an amazing catch on the sidelines last game, unfortunately he was only able to get one foot in bounds.

I'm curious as to how much we are targeting him?
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
He had an amazing catch on the sidelines last game, unfortunately he was only able to get one foot in bounds.

He's going to continue to see more targets. Even if he doesn't always come down with the ball he's a handful in jump ball situations. All our WR's are seeing tight coverage and every throw is contested on way or another. All those opportunities cannot go to Boldin and he's the only other "big" WR we have. He has to step up. I'll be honest I have little faith in Baldwin but he's the only chance we have at making plays beyond Boldin and Davis.

The fact that Kaep made an effort to get him the ball is real positive sign, there's trust developing.

The fact that Kaep made an effort to get him the ball is real positive sign, there's trust developing.

Yes I do get the feeling that Kap has confidence in Baldwin. He went to him twice against the Rams in his limited action there and again went to him twice against the Texans when he only had 15 pass attempts the entire game. Hopefully that chemistry can build and it can lead to big plays in the passing game.
Share 49ersWebzone