LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I want to see us start to throw to McDonald more

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Watched the replay of the Panthers-Cardinals game. The Panthers imploded midway through the 3rd quarter. Newton was sacked 7 times, most were caused by an inability to find a secondary receiver or holding onto the ball too long. The key factor for the 49ers is Carson Palmer, if it's possible he's less mobile than Schaub. He drops back 7 yards either from under center or in shotgun and he's a statue once he sets. The Cardinal running backs are nothing special, Ellington made a few plays. Patrick Petersen is the real deal, he even had a few plays on offense and intercepted a pass. Calais Campbell is long and quick, Washington is their best linebacker. Just a side note, Ted Ginn showed plenty of zip, he even carried a few defenders after a reception.
I'll give the Cards this. Getting Dansby back on a cheap one year deal was a steal.
[ Edited by Hopper on Oct 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM ]
Look for a lot of read option passing and pistol formation passing in this game. The Cards have a fast downhill defense can can also get beat with Kaepernick scrambles if they blitz too many and too often. With the slow OLBs, I'm looking for Kaep to read and react with his arms and legs with Gore and Miller doing more blocking
Originally posted by valrod33:
The moment you have all been waiting for...
Valrods Game Prediction brought to you buy our friends at ASE, When getting your vehicle fixed make sure and use an ASE certified mechanic, that way you know its done right the first time.

AZ 29
49ers 4
Kaep goes 9/31 for 17 yards 0TDs and 2 INTs

Hahahaha ASE certification ya thats how you get it fixed right. Its also how you get hustled and loaded full of bs similar to a 29-4 cardinals win...
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Look for a lot of read option passing and pistol formation passing in this game. The Cards have a fast downhill defense can can also get beat with Kaepernick scrambles if they blitz too many and too often. With the slow OLBs, I'm looking for Kaep to read and react with his arms and legs with Gore and Miller doing more blocking

You said they have a fast defense, but slow OLBs. I don't think I'd say Abraham and Moch are slow. Especially Moch. But in any case, we need to grind this game out. Dominate the LOS, and we win.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
I'm a little nervous about AZ's very stout run defense. The run game is the thing that keeps our offense going right now. Hopefully, we can still run on them. Kap must play better this game though. He must get some completions to keep AZ from selling out to stop the run.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace52:
I'm a little nervous about AZ's very stout run defense. The run game is the thing that keeps our offense going right now. Hopefully, we can still run on them. Kap must play better this game though. He must get some completions to keep AZ from selling out to stop the run.

Well we can't take any team lightly regardless of where we play. Niners can't afford to lose anymore games if we're going to try and win the division
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Rams have a good run defense before we played them? I'm not too sure about that but it seems like we ran all over their ass if they supposedly had a good run defense. Maybe the Tardinals D overpursues on run plays and Frank or whatever RB squirts through some little openings for some huge yardage.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Rams have a good run defense before we played them? I'm not too sure about that but it seems like we ran all over their ass if they supposedly had a good run defense. Maybe the Tardinals D overpursues on run plays and Frank or whatever RB squirts through some little openings for some huge yardage.

the cardinals havent played anyone that has physical OL like us
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

the cardinals havent played anyone that has physical OL like us

This^
Our O line can impose their will.

Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for real9erfan.
Our OL will impose their will, Gore will have a solid day, and Kap will blow up in the passing game. Look for Baldwin to finally get some catches this week and score a TD. VD and Boldin will also each have a TD.

35-3 Cardinals
AZ is 3rd ranked defense...in rushing yards allowed. Should be a good game.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
AZ is 3rd ranked defense...in rushing yards allowed. Should be a good game.

carson palmer sucks
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Our OL will impose their will, Gore will have a solid day, and Kap will blow up in the passing game. Look for Baldwin to finally get some catches this week and score a TD. VD and Boldin will also each have a TD.

35-3 Cardinals

You just said we'd score 3 TDs, yet you predict us to only have 3 points? A point per TD?

Or do you mean 35-3 Niners?
Lets go 49ers fans!!!! Bring the noise this weekend! I've been very impressed with the Candlestick crowds this season so far, and like Harbaugh I hope we see and hear it again this weekend. I didn't see many Texans fans in the crowd and don't want to see the tards taking over the Stick either. Hopefully the faithful will be out full force even for the less than premier matchups. Cardinals will be a very formidable opponent and like every other team in the league beating the 49ers would be like winning the lottery and the superbowl at the same time. GO NINERS!!
Share 49ersWebzone