LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Is it time for a change at RB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time for a change at RB?

Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by jreff22:
We need to put Kap under center and run the I. And occasionally play action out of it. This crap of being in the shotgun all the time is hurting the running game.

Yes! **** yes!.... THIS!

What do you think we've been doing. Jesus do you guys watch these games? I could be wrong but I would be willing to bet we run the I formation more than any other. I know the I and inverted I were the primary positions we ran against Green bay. The I is the entire problem. In the I your running 2WR 1TE 1FB/TE and 1 RB. The problem is that when you only run 2 WR all you have to do is man the WRs. All you need is 1 FS to play over the top. Defense then drop the SS in the box effectively playing 8 men in the box. On passing plays then SS then switches to man on the TE. 2 of the LB are man on the RB and HB. The 3 LB is a spy that watches for the QB run and plays zone on the underneath crossing routes. We need to run more 3 WR 1TE 1RB or 4WR 1TE. Kaep was hardly in shotgun this game. They only stated running shotgun the game after we were like 15 down. We need to evolve. We need to turn Kaep into a comfortable pocket passer.

Im going to quote myself. I'm not saying I-formation don't work. Jumbo formations don't work. Seattle defense is literally tailor made to beat it though.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by lamontb:
The o line has been the issue not Gore. Also Bruce Miller blocking has been trash.

Bruce Miller is a waste of a roster spot, we need a fullback that is a threat to run, and receive, or we shouldn't bother carrying one on the roster.

wow 1 bad game and here come the fans who complete trash players and say they suck, You guys are barely fans anyway, giving up players that fast.
miller was one of the few who made plays in my opinion and even he had a bad mistake. people are just lashing out because we got beat up so bad all the way around at seattle vs a hated coach and rabid fans and on national tv much to the glee of collinsworth. no one is immune I guess,. hope it settles down by mid week
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Yes I'm talking about Gore. We all know that he's up there in age. And while he still may be a great blocker, it's evident that his power, vision and speed are second class.

We can't have Kaep be our leading rusher every game. It puts too much stress on him and is not sustainable. At the very least, the carries need to be a lot more evenly divided amongst the other backs.

This is the same s**t people said week 2 of the season in 2011 about Frank. Get back to me when you know football.

Great input to the conversation.

Trust me your conversation isn't worth it.

Then your posts are not needed in here. Thanks.

Your threads aren't needed here. Appreciate it.
Admittedly was drunk and exhausted as I watched last night... but seems to me you are wrong. Will have to get back to you on that, if I can stomach another watch-through.
Oh I'm giving this game a week of watch-throughs. Im also going to watch last years game. I want to know what's going on here. Seattle knows are weakness and I want to figure out how we can improve.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
No. We need to put him in situations that help him do what he does.

He hasn't had any the last two games.

I'm curious, what are those situations?

It would be nice to see the offensive line opening holes on a regular basis.

From what I have seen in the last two games, there really have not many holes open.

People have been questioning Gore for at least the last three years. Eventually, they are going to be right.
Originally posted by cciowa:
miller was one of the few who made plays in my opinion and even he had a bad mistake. people are just lashing out because we got beat up so bad all the way around at seattle vs a hated coach and rabid fans and on national tv much to the glee of collinsworth. no one is immune I guess,. hope it settles down by mid week

Yea I think we're all kind of guilty of placing irrational blame. With that being said something bad happened last night. The coaches need to figure out what it is about this Seattle team that is literally like kryptonite to us. Also there are individual players that need examining too.
I'd say the hawks were not afraid of Kaep's arm. The DBs figured to hold and maul our receivers all game long, so they keyed in on stopping the run. Doing so means no holes for the backs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:

Yea I think we're all kind of guilty of placing irrational blame. With that being said something bad happened last night. The coaches need to figure out what it is about this Seattle team that is literally like kryptonite to us. Also there are individual players that need examining too.
you said nothing wrong
  • buck
  • Veteran
The o line has been the issue not Gore. Also Bruce Miller blocking has been trash.

Bruce Miller is a waste of a roster spot, we need a fullback that is a threat to run, and receive, or we shouldn't bother carrying one on the roster.

wow 1 bad game and here come the fans who complete trash players and say they suck, You guys are barely fans anyway, giving up players that fast.

I understand that fans are lashing out, but understanding something and condoning something or justifying something are not the same.

We lost a game. It happens. We know it is going to happen and we will lose another game.
I'd say the hawks were not afraid of Kaep's arm. The DBs figured to hold and maul our receivers all game long, so they keyed in on stopping the run. Doing so means no holes for the backs.

Re: Seahawks DBs...I'm not even suggesting it's the reason they won, but with as flag-happy as that ref crew was last night, just how in h*** were there not about 10 flags on them for illegal contact/holding? Multiple times 49ers receivers would be getting mauled beyond 5 yards downfield, but no call.

Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Re: Seahawks DBs...I'm not even suggesting it's the reason they won, but with as flag-happy as that ref crew was last night, just how in h*** were there not about 10 flags on them for illegal contact/holding? Multiple times 49ers receivers would be getting mauled beyond 5 yards downfield, but no call.

dont know how it happened so quickly, but their young db's are being given HOF type of respect from the refs. are they good? yes for sure. but they always get away with more contact from their db's than the db's on the other team do.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

yeah, finally saw 1 flag when Patton was tossed to the turf like some kind of wrestling move. Bet they were getting away with it most of the night. It's as if the NFL desperately wanted the Hawks to win... so as to sweeten this rivalry and the later playoff implications.

( and I HATE using ref excuses )
Yes I'm talking about Gore. We all know that he's up there in age. And while he still may be a great blocker, it's evident that his power, vision and speed are second class.

We can't have Kaep be our leading rusher every game. It puts too much stress on him and is not sustainable. At the very least, the carries need to be a lot more evenly divided amongst the other backs.

This is the same s**t people said week 2 of the season in 2011 about Frank. Get back to me when you know football.

Great input to the conversation.

Trust me your conversation isn't worth it.

Then your posts are not needed in here. Thanks.

Your threads aren't needed here. Appreciate it.

I was going to throw you both out for a week, but this is a tough time. So here it is, this is stupid and adolescent and you should both know better. Post like this again and I will give either/both a very extended break.

Very thin ice under you right now.
You have to actually give Gore the ball to see if he can still run it or not. We need to start comiting to the run out of some of our jumbo packages again when playing a team like seattle. Getting in a dual with their secondary was a poor gameplan. We set Kaep up for failure last night.

To be fair to Bruce, since when is a fullback supposed to take on that much of an offensive role? Sure, it would have been nice if he caught a few he didn't, but come on, a gameplan that relies on the FB in the passing game is doomed from the start. Miller is a basher with some + receiving skills, but he is not a receiver.

Insofar as Gore, what I've seen is that Gore looks noticeably slower this year. Having said that, it is awfully hard to pin too much on him because the o-line and the scheme weren't doing him any favours last night. The job of the coach is to put players in a position to succeed and they failed last night. Oh well. Early in the season.

Seattle deserves this win, and I hope SF takes their lesson home and learns from it. There is a rematch, you know. :)

On the plus side, the 49ers defense played very well for the most part. Clean up some of the stupid penalties and the score is very different. Also, if the offense wasn't so inept last night the 49ers defense doesn't wear down at the end.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Sep 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone