There are 171 users in the forums

Your Concerns And Issues Discussion And Poll

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your Concerns And Issues Discussion And Poll

greg roman always has to get cute, what a horrible game plan. we should've had kap behind center and we should've pounded the rock and used our OL to set the tone w/ running the ball

instead we don't attempt to establish any sort of running game and we're throwing right into seattle's strength (secondary/pass rush) w/ a crew of sub par receiving options

brilliant strategy..all it did w/ each incompletion or mistake was feed the frenetic crowd even more..instead of using our awesome OL to pound the ball we played right into seattle's strengths again.

also, these penalties are getting ridiculous, harbaugh loves to trust the players and let them manage themselves but he needs to go back to being tougher on these guys because this is unacceptable
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Harbaugh, Kapow, and Karma.

There are serious issues about this team but those are at the top. Here's what I said during the offseason:

The whole division has improved, we have gotten worse.
We lost a playmaker in the 2ndary with Goldson, and its a huge loss.
We replaced an old washed up receiver with another old washed up receiver.
That Kapow spent equal times "improving" and playing Hollywood star and it would hurt us.
That Harbaugh's lying to the team and then stabbing his biggest supporter (who he did everything he could to deceive into staying), Alex Smith, in the back would come back and bite us.
That Harbaugh never wins the big game and that we won't win a Superbowl with him as coach.
That we need a true pocket passing QB.

It looks like those things are beginning to show themselves now. I knew after the Packer game we were in trouble. We won in a shoot out at home. Shoot outs are the absolute worst kinds of games because it means our defense is suspect and that our run game is not there.

We in trouble kimosabe.

Gtg(!)oh, Reid was doing fine. AQ didn't look washed up in the playoffs last or last(!) week. Kap was training a lil after the SB loss. Kap also passed on Hollywood a few times jus like he accept a few invites. As far as A.Smith goes, don't you mean Harbs' was HIS biggest supporter. Besides A.Smiths' fans, who thought he should start. Before Harbs' resurrected A.Smiths' career, he was concidered a bust. Anyone with common sense knew last season was A.Smiths' last with the niners. If you rather have A.Smith over Kap, thank god your not the GM or coach. As far as " we need a true pocket passing QB", you must have missed lasted weeks game(again) & not watched him last season either. He played above average from the pocket. If you feel the way you feel, why don't you jump on another bandwagon til the harbs' era is over, jeesus christ.
2 MAJOR things i noticed from this game & from the Packers game

1st our DB's are weak & we actually got worse with Nnamdi playing the nickle WE ALL should of known his best days where behind him, the worst out of the group is CARLOS ROGERS its like hes scared to throw his body out there to make a tackle i saw him a few times just kind of throw his hand out there hoping to slow down a guy while someone else made a tackle, dude cant cover either. We seriously need to clean house at DB this offseason. Suggestion quick fix for now is to move Perrish Cox ahead of Nnamdi for now.

2nd What has happend to the run game its NONE existent. Is it Gore? did the age factor finally get to him cuz even when he does see some kind of light i dont see the passion in his runs. Or is it the offensive line? i mean its the same team returning once again, is it the age factor i mean only old dude on the line is Goodwin.

overall yesterday i saw NO HEART in this team whatsover

This to me is Harbaugh's worst game since he took over. Why? After reaching the Superbowl, you'd think we'd be a little better than last year (especially at Seattle). This shows me that the team has not improved since last year, What weapons have we added offensively besides Boldin? Our running game has regressed this season...Our defense has regressed a little each year since Harbaugh's first season. Don't tell me the 49ers just had a bad game. Actually the defense played well in the first half, but layed an egg in the fourth quarter. It's not because the 49ers lost. It's how they lost and that is disturbing. If you want to win the division, you have to challenge this team...and they didn't.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LB49ers:
This is embarrassing because this is the exact same game plan they used on us last year and we have yet to figure it out. Not only were we out coached but were pushed around physically. Why didn't we get back to what we did better than anyone else the past two years and get under center and run the ball down their throat and get out of the pistol /spread.

Its difficult to run against the hawks in the first place. When they can stack 8 in the box and not to mention they have one of the best secondaries in the league who plan man-to-man very well, its hard to beat Seattle. We beat GB because they could not defend man-to-man, lets not forget GB could have won that game to. That will be the formula to beat the niners this season.....stack the box with 8 defenders to stop the run and hope their secondary can contain. I think most teams will take their chances with Kaep through the air.
Noise was a key factor.

They seemed to be more physical than we were - especially in the WR area.
Seeing the forth quarter meltdown was sad, but they played 3 quarters at almost even and were in the game.
That's the sad thing, when it meant the most, the Niner's did worse not better. The Hawks are almost unbeatable at home, the Niners need to focus and win the division somehow as they WILL not win a game in Seattle this coming January.
I hope I'm wrong . . .
The sky is not falling.

I don't like are chances if the SuperBowl journey goes through Seattle.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
This is why the 49ers lost tonight...

We good?

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Noise was a key factor.

They seemed to be more physical than we were - especially in the WR area.

Yeah, and this shouldn't be a revelation to JH & Co., this was their third game up there. I know the multiple pre-snap shifts are kinda cute and normally part of the offense, but these aren't normal conditions. Why you'd keep a heavy dose of that in the game plan, something that just chews up the play clock and provides more room for error is beyond me. Being stubborn with Pistol/RO, seemingly keeping most pass routes within a 10-12 yrd box, Niner D being gashed by the RO... there's a lot of what they did that I just don't get. You'd like to think they learned a little from past experience, especially when they got their a**es waxed 42-13 last year, but apparently not. I just hope if the 49ers do make the playoffs they don't have to play at Seattle.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Sep 16, 2013 at 9:41 AM ]

• Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
This is why the 49ers lost tonight...

We good?

I can't buy into the noise thing - it smacks of excuses. Fact is, we got to play there once a year - and have other domes to go to - and writing off a game a season to our biggest rivals is not going to get us the 6th trophy. You think Seattle are coming to the Stick already thinking it doesn't matter if they lose??
The game exposed our primary weaknesses going into the season - secondary and receiving corp. Our receivers could not get separation against physical DBs, our secondary gave up a few big plays. This was a 5-0 game at halftime. Like last year, we completely fell apart in the second half and it led to a blowout, but the game was played much closer than that for 50 minutes.

I am not concerned about our running game. No running game is going to be very effective against 8 in the box. Hats off to Seattle, they manhandled our receivers and shut down our passing game and that was the difference in the game.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
greg roman always has to get cute, what a horrible game plan. we should've had kap behind center and we should've pounded the rock and used our OL to set the tone w/ running the ball

instead we don't attempt to establish any sort of running game and we're throwing right into seattle's strength (secondary/pass rush) w/ a crew of sub par receiving options

brilliant strategy..all it did w/ each incompletion or mistake was feed the frenetic crowd even more..instead of using our awesome OL to pound the ball we played right into seattle's strengths again.

also, these penalties are getting ridiculous, harbaugh loves to trust the players and let them manage themselves but he needs to go back to being tougher on these guys because this is unacceptable

Agreed on the penalties. We killed ourselves last night - personal fouls for no reason, holding in the end zone, pass interference ... how do you expect to beat good teams on the road when you shoot yourself in the foot?
I blame the quarterback. It's been the go-to for most fans here for 7 years.
they were more physical out there...
Share 49ersWebzone