There are 250 users in the forums

Your Concerns And Issues Discussion And Poll

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your Concerns And Issues Discussion And Poll

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
I don't know how anybody can take an ass kicking like this in stride, like it's no big deal. This was a huge deal. That is why it was on Sunday Night Football. This was to prove who the best team in the NFC west is (possibly the NFC), and we were out-coached and out-played in every facet.

Spot on !!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
f**k you Mr. Harbaugh!!
Sorry guys. this game has made me really mad. How do u get spanked at Seattle last year and not prepare this time around??? This is totally on the coaching staff for not game planning a better offensive scheme.

Even Carolina put up a better showing against the seahawks!!!
Face it.... they are a better team right now. I see them winning the division.

The seahawks dominated us in the trenches (our O Line got pushed around). and our WR couldn't do s**t. If anything our DLine has regressed, now with the injury to Ian Williams. Should of kept both Soap and Ian, and have them rotate.

Face it guys, we are not that great of a team. We'll be a wild card team this year. I can see us splitting with both the Rams and maybe go 0-2 versus the seacocks. Then we gotta play the Texans, Saints, Atlanta, etc.

I see us going 9-7 or 10-6 this year at best.
Kaep is good, but football is a team sport.

I had mentioned 10-6 before with 11-5 being on the upside and everyone thought I was being way pessimistic.

If you ask me now, I say we will lose our home game against the Seahawks. In my opinion, they have our number as it stands and they can beat us at will until we can make some major changes.

As for the Rams, we will probably split the series if we are lucky.

I have always planned for a 3-3 divisional record and hopefully nothing worse.
talk about defeatist attitudes lol

the game was within reach until the 4th quarter

5 turnovers will do this to any team and you can't do it playing against good teams

and not calling solid plays in the red zone will do this to you as well.

the problems we always have reared their heads. scoring td's in the red zone. seattle did it and we didn't simple.

blocked punt and get 0 points... if we get 7 that changes the entire game.... and it was possible to get 7 there but the play calling was horrible.

we had our chance to knock them out early and we didn't and keep in mind we turned it over 5 times kap had 4 turnovers..

do you think he'll play like this every time we play them? and then consider we didn't even use all of our arsenal

that's why im frustrated because the narrative is this is the best we got and it isn't
they didn't use patton enough didn't use mcdonald enough didn't use hunter at all didn't use more didn't use bunch formation didn't use all these new wrinkles that they haven't seen before... none of them. we basically ran a preseason offensive scheme out there.

stop the gloom and doom and stop the we're not that good. if our offense shows up tonight and we don't have 5 turnovers it's a close game.

last week we held rodgers to 333 yards

today he had 480

last week wilson had 300 yards
today he had 150 on 8-19

the components are THERE

their wr's didn't do ANYTHING at all 1 play.. and that's it.

our offense just totally let us down. that's all we need fixed.

no defense, not even ours, not even theirs, could overcome what the offense did for us tonight.
No running game. Can't find anyone to throw to (qb or receivers -take your pick). Team have depth and personnel but coaches aren't willing to try to put them into the game.
What concerns me the most is our coaching. I am a huge fan of Kaep and his abilites... That being said, I think our coaching staff leans on him too much. He is still a young, fairly inexeperienced qb. The best way to protect a young Qb on the road in a hostile environment, is to run the damn ball!!! Like Seattle does everytime they play us!!! The play calling has gotten way too cute and finesse since he's been our starter imo... I think this our main problem. Can Kaep take over a game? Absolutely!!! Should he be expected to every game? I don't think so. Lets get our Identity back as a physical running team with great defense and sprinkle in some Kaepernick when needed. Enough of the cute sh!+ already!!!!
Biggest concern, Penalties for me. Just uncalled for an completely disgusting. Emotions or not, we have been the most undisciplined team in the NFL the first 2 games. We we top 3 most penalized team last year and are continuing the trend this year. You cannot win tight games like that no matter who you are. Last night was embarrassing, there is no excuse for it. To get beat is one thing, but to actually contribute that much to a loss is down right criminal. We have veteran players picking up the most stupid personal fouls and guess what, it leaks right down to the rookies. Aldon does this stupid BS and then it makes it ok for McDonald to do it. Where is the veteran presence to say enough is enough, your killing our team. Harbaugh preaches Schembechler's motto every day "the team the team the team" it was a far cry from what we saw last night. We can fix the football stuff, but this has got to stop.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
I don't know how anybody can take an ass kicking like this in stride, like it's no big deal. This was a huge deal. That is why it was on Sunday Night Football. This was to prove who the best team in the NFC west is (possibly the NFC), and we were out-coached and out-played in every facet.

Spot on !!

They laid an egg. Your allowed one of these a year. They'll bounce back and get them back when they come to Candlestick. I think you guys are overreacting a bit.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 16, 2013 at 5:57 AM ]
NOTHING IS FUVKED, HERE ,DUDE.

Colin couldn't run as well because of that flooded stadium . Same goes for Gore, Boldin, and even Bowman was sliding around.

Since you can't hear anything and audible out of things at that stadium, running is VERY important and easier to pull off instead of passing routes and adjusting them.

ALOT of friggin holding that wasn't called on Seattle , but what else is new. We also had alot of penalties.

Colin should have ran more than he passed because we had no seperation whatsoever, either because of the rain of because of the sucks.

That red zone INT was stupid. The least you could get out of that is a FG when the game was like 5-0
Originally posted by Raul98:
It's safe to say when things aren't going right this team falls apart for some reason they cant adjust and just crumble like a deck of cards. Tonight things were going ok at the start but then when things started going seattles way they crumbled in every phase of the game. Seattle is in there head now and i don't see them beating them at home either or especially in the playoffs.

The bold is what I was thinking. I guessing your typo was actually saying "I don't see us beating them at home". The second part is what worries me the most. Some people are saying "it's only game two" but they're a good team. If our playoff run has to go through Seattle, that's not good for us.
So where was Mangini's input on this. I thought him was supposed to be the expert on what the D was doing.

Harbaugh, Kapow, and Karma.

There are serious issues about this team but those are at the top. Here's what I said during the offseason:

The whole division has improved, we have gotten worse.
We lost a playmaker in the 2ndary with Goldson, and its a huge loss.
We replaced an old washed up receiver with another old washed up receiver.
That Kapow spent equal times "improving" and playing Hollywood star and it would hurt us.
That Harbaugh's lying to the team and then stabbing his biggest supporter (who he did everything he could to deceive into staying), Alex Smith, in the back would come back and bite us.
That Harbaugh never wins the big game and that we won't win a Superbowl with him as coach.
That we need a true pocket passing QB.

It looks like those things are beginning to show themselves now. I knew after the Packer game we were in trouble. We won in a shoot out at home. Shoot outs are the absolute worst kinds of games because it means our defense is suspect and that our run game is not there.

We in trouble kimosabe.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
NOTHING IS FUVKED, HERE ,DUDE.

Colin couldn't run as well because of that flooded stadium . Same goes for Gore, Boldin, and even Bowman was sliding around.

Since you can't hear anything and audible out of things at that stadium, running is VERY important and easier to pull off instead of passing routes and adjusting them.

ALOT of friggin holding that wasn't called on Seattle , but what else is new. We also had alot of penalties.

Colin should have ran more than he passed because we had no seperation whatsoever, either because of the rain of because of the sucks.

That red zone INT was stupid. The least you could get out of that is a FG when the game was like 5-0

Funny, their backs and receivers seemed to be running fine.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by Raul98:
It's safe to say when things aren't going right this team falls apart for some reason they cant adjust and just crumble like a deck of cards. Tonight things were going ok at the start but then when things started going seattles way they crumbled in every phase of the game. Seattle is in there head now and i don't see them beating them at home either or especially in the playoffs.

The bold is what I was thinking. I guessing your typo was actually saying "I don't see us beating them at home". The second part is what worries me the most. Some people are saying "it's only game two" but they're a good team. If our playoff run has to go through Seattle, that's not good for us.

I agree, I don't think we can beat them at home or in the playoffs unless there are major changes and improvements. Bottomline, the Seahawks has our number, not only did they beat us, they totally destroyed us, not just in terms of points but physically too. Furthermore, they are younger, if they can beat us in such a dominating fashion, TWICE IN A ROW, it seems to suggest we have probably just passed our peak while they are gradually moving into their prime. 3 games ago, we could still beat them, only just. They have improved leaps and bounds since then and have surpassed us now. If we really cannot beat, sorry not beat, blow them out at the Stick, it will be suspicion confirmed without a shadow of doubt.
I actually came out of this game more optimistic than before. We all know it's nearly impossible to beat them at home. But when you look at THEIR team, especially Russell Wilson, it was clear to me that they are worse than last year Seahawks. They had everything going for them and our D managed to contain them until our players started losing their cool. I think this division is ours. They will have to go on the road on the playoffs.
5 Turnovers.

You can't win like that. The end.
Share 49ersWebzone