LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Your Concerns And Issues Discussion And Poll

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your Concerns And Issues Discussion And Poll

Major Concern: Is Roman the best offensive coordinator to take advantage of Colin Kaepernick's skill set? Sorry I don't see us as a run first team anymore which is Roman's expertise.

Minor Concern: Not as worried about this one but Willis and Bowman have not played like the best inside linebackers in the league. I'll give Patrick a free pass for a few games because he's been nursing a broken hand.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pete98146:
Major Concern: Is Roman the best offensive coordinator to take advantage of Colin Kaepernick's skill set? Sorry I don't see us as a run first team anymore which is Roman's expertise.

Minor Concern: Not as worried about this one but Willis and Bowman have not played like the best inside linebackers in the league. I'll give Patrick a free pass for a few games because he's been nursing a broken hand.

i have seen both games and i admit i am no expert but i do not see your minor concern part
Originally posted by cciowa:

i have seen both games and i admit i am no expert but i do not see your minor concern part

I see no concern except for our injuries.

That was the most basic I have seen our offense called. Very little movement by Boldin. Nothing fancy. Did not see much "shock" plays from playaction. Crowd noise may have been a reason to our simple plan but I don't think we came into this game to show the world, especially SEA, some of the cool things we can do. It is a game early in the year and we will play a more important game later in the year with them or possible twice.

Since the plan was basic, I think Kap should have ran more. That may have been the difference in our offense opening up and their defense changing what they do.
What I dont get is that its blatantly obvious that some things dont work, yet we keep doing them. If its obvious to the fans how is it not to the coaches?
Originally posted by jreff22:
What I dont get is that its blatantly obvious that some things dont work, yet we keep doing them. If its obvious to the fans how is it not to the coaches?

Is it because they think it still works but don't realize the league adjusted to the scheme during the off-season?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by cciowa:

I see no concern except for our injuries.

That was the most basic I have seen our offense called. Very little movement by Boldin. Nothing fancy. Did not see much "shock" plays from playaction. Crowd noise may have been a reason to our simple plan but I don't think we came into this game to show the world, especially SEA, some of the cool things we can do. It is a game early in the year and we will play a more important game later in the year with them or possible twice.

Since the plan was basic, I think Kap should have ran more. That may have been the difference in our offense opening up and their defense changing what they do.

The league knows Kaep can run; they just need to limit the damage, or simply contain him.

They need to go back to a base WCO because you can pull bootlegs out of it.
The concern I chose was "other" for injuries. You know how a certain team will get decimated by a rash of injuries almost every season and FUBAR? That's the 2013 Niners. The f**king cheathawks are destined to win the whole thing this year and there's nothing we can do about it.
  • dj43
I chose "coaching" in large part because this team is on the way to being among the leaders in penalties AGAIN for the 3rd year in a row under Harbaugh. This team needs a cool hand at the controls, not some hot head who makes every call a major event. It is no accident that players are letting their emotions get the better of them and get called for it. That is a reflection of the coach's personality. Harbaugh need to take a chill pill and teach his players to do the same.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by Raul98:
It's safe to say when things aren't going right this team falls apart for some reason they cant adjust and just crumble like a deck of cards. Tonight things were going ok at the start but then when things started going seattles way they crumbled in every phase of the game. Seattle is in there head now and i don't see them beating them at home either or especially in the playoffs.

The bold is what I was thinking. I guessing your typo was actually saying "I don't see us beating them at home". The second part is what worries me the most. Some people are saying "it's only game two" but they're a good team. If our playoff run has to go through Seattle, that's not good for us.

I agree, I don't think we can beat them at home or in the playoffs unless there are major changes and improvements. Bottomline, the Seahawks has our number, not only did they beat us, they totally destroyed us, not just in terms of points but physically too. Furthermore, they are younger, if they can beat us in such a dominating fashion, TWICE IN A ROW, it seems to suggest we have probably just passed our peak while they are gradually moving into their prime. 3 games ago, we could still beat them, only just. They have improved leaps and bounds since then and have surpassed us now. If we really cannot beat, sorry not beat, blow them out at the Stick, it will be suspicion confirmed without a shadow of doubt.

I would agree they are better right now, but with these caveat as to the future. We have lot's of talent yet undeveloped, ie Carradine, Dial, Patton, McDonald, Lattimore and others who could add quite a bit, and veterans like Crabs, Manningham and Eric Wright who could also shift the talent gap.. We are loaded with picks next year. Seattle will soon start face contract expirations on some of their stars. I would never consider Seattle's front office or coaching staff to be in the same league as Harbalke and Co. The drafted well, hit it amazingly with diamonds in the rough like Sherman, Wilson, etc. Will that happen again?...Doubt it. This balance of power could change one year to the next and even look different in December.
Originally posted by kray28:
I think the OL is the biggest problem right now. They just aren't effectively run blocking.

Yes, this is the very biggest issue, but possibly one that could be remedied easily. Has anyone taken the time to re-watch the last two games to see why we dcan't run the ball. I know it's defensive scheme, ie 8 in box, but in the past they could face that and still move the ball. Have they regressed?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by Raul98:
It's safe to say when things aren't going right this team falls apart for some reason they cant adjust and just crumble like a deck of cards. Tonight things were going ok at the start but then when things started going seattles way they crumbled in every phase of the game. Seattle is in there head now and i don't see them beating them at home either or especially in the playoffs.

The bold is what I was thinking. I guessing your typo was actually saying "I don't see us beating them at home". The second part is what worries me the most. Some people are saying "it's only game two" but they're a good team. If our playoff run has to go through Seattle, that's not good for us.

I agree, I don't think we can beat them at home or in the playoffs unless there are major changes and improvements. Bottomline, the Seahawks has our number, not only did they beat us, they totally destroyed us, not just in terms of points but physically too. Furthermore, they are younger, if they can beat us in such a dominating fashion, TWICE IN A ROW, it seems to suggest we have probably just passed our peak while they are gradually moving into their prime. 3 games ago, we could still beat them, only just. They have improved leaps and bounds since then and have surpassed us now. If we really cannot beat, sorry not beat, blow them out at the Stick, it will be suspicion confirmed without a shadow of doubt.

I would agree they are better right now, but with these caveat as to the future. We have lot's of talent yet undeveloped, ie Carradine, Dial, Patton, McDonald, Lattimore and others who could add quite a bit, and veterans like Crabs, Manningham and Eric Wright who could also shift the talent gap.. We are loaded with picks next year. Seattle will soon start face contract expirations on some of their stars. I would never consider Seattle's front office or coaching staff to be in the same league as Harbalke and Co. The drafted well, hit it amazingly with diamonds in the rough like Sherman, Wilson, etc. Will that happen again?...Doubt it. This balance of power could change one year to the next and even look different in December.

Remember they didn't even have Irvin, Clemons and Harvin in this game. I would say this, for this season at least is safe to say they have our number as I am not hopeful with the home game in December. But, of course we have a lot of draft ammo, provided we use them properly and key in on legit talents, we could come back to challenge them next season. What I am seeing is this Seahawks team have gone through a maturation process and are now beginning to peak. I believe they are only scratching the surface and will be a dominant force to be reckoned with in years to come. They are just too good for us right now.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Originally posted by kray28:
I think the OL is the biggest problem right now. They just aren't effectively run blocking.

Yes, this is the very biggest issue, but possibly one that could be remedied easily. Has anyone taken the time to re-watch the last two games to see why we dcan't run the ball. I know it's defensive scheme, ie 8 in box, but in the past they could face that and still move the ball. Have they regressed?

I am not convinced it can be remedied easily. Schemes might help, we might just need to run more blockers. It is not just by chance both the Packers and Seahawks could stuff our run. Have we regressed ? That I don't know, but I think is probably more of a case of teams having us figured out.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Remember they didn't even have Irvin, Clemons and Harvin in this game. I would say this, for this season at least is safe to say they have our number as I am not hopeful with the home game in December. But, of course we have a lot of draft ammo, provided we use them properly and key in on legit talents, we could come back to challenge them next season. What I am seeing is this Seahawks team have gone through a maturation process and are now beginning to peak. I believe they are only scratching the surface and will be a dominant force to be reckoned with in years to come. They are just too good for us right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08yYqGCTiM

1. Turn your speakers up very loud
2. skip straight to 0:40 and listen carefully
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
I chose "coaching" in large part because this team is on the way to being among the leaders in penalties AGAIN for the 3rd year in a row under Harbaugh. This team needs a cool hand at the controls, not some hot head who makes every call a major event. It is no accident that players are letting their emotions get the better of them and get called for it. That is a reflection of the coach's personality. Harbaugh need to take a chill pill and teach his players to do the same.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by linkboy:

Want to know GB had to go to SF last year in the playoffs, the Fail Mary. That game gets called correctly and we're a Wildcard team.

That is not right. If that game gets called correctly, we still win the division. Division winners are not wildcard teams.
Share 49ersWebzone