There are 219 users in the forums

My Mock Outlook to 2014 and 2015 Cap Wise

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If the 49ers have Boldin,Crabtree,Baldwin,and Patton in the fold I don't want to resign Mannigham. He's as brittle as grandma's bone china. He's never stayed healthy and would rather draft another receiver and save the cap space.
Vernon isn't likely to take a pay cut. He wants that last big contact of his life.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
If the 49ers have Boldin,Crabtree,Baldwin,and Patton in the fold I don't want to resign Mannigham. He's as brittle as grandma's bone china. He's never stayed healthy and would rather draft another receiver and save the cap space.

Patton isn't exactly Mr. Durable thus far either. They have similar styles and both would be excellent #3s/slot WRs. Good depth at WR is something we really need.
Put me down with Gore 21 on Kap. 90 mil on him looks way overpriced looking at the product he is putting on the field. Great game stats wise and execution wise vs GB, then 2 incredibly bad dog performances vs SEA and INDY. Kap looked in those loses as if he had never played QB before. Last yr I said he was going to have to stop his running or end up like RG 3. Well, coach H thot same thing and made kap a pocket passer. But he looks mechanical, wooden, has the deer in the headlights look, locks in on one receiver and lets every body in the stadium know who the pass is going to. Only against the rams could he play that bad(screw the stats...use your eyes)...and still come out with a win. If he is going to play pocket passer the remainder of this yr, like he has to date, then we are talking about half that $90 mil value. He is, in an entirely different way, like aldon. Aldon has to overcome his devils. Kap has to learn how to play QB. The NFL learned quickly how to defend his Run/Option and pistol, and they are no longer fooling anyone. Kap HAS TO learn how to play QB, and right now he looks like a QB just out of college who has never played a pocket passer before.

So for that $90 mil deal, kap has to learn how to play a position entirely different from what he has played before. And with this being his 3rd yr, and he definitely is NOT getting it, I agree with Gore 21 that may very well be a pipe dream. Kap has a lot to prove before he can come close to even sniffing $90 mil. It is heartbreaking to watch him out there on pass plays. First he tries to identify who is on the routes, and then he tries to find them. Then he locks on and stares the WR down. This is elemental stuff and good an athlete as Kap is, he isn't learning this. He frankly looks awful. To earn that $90 mil, this kid is going to have to put in football Qb learning 12mos a yr, and forego advertising himself on magazine covers, doing interviews, etc. We have some pretty fair talent at receiver now, incl TEs, and Kap is making everyone look bad...except #81...and even he can't catch a ball surrounded by 3 guys. So that $90 million ....I'd say wait on that as we wait on Aldon to see how he does, just in a different way. Aldon knows the game. With him it is the personal stuff. Kap...well, he Doesn't know the game and he has to prove to us and himself that he can learn NFL QBing. Right now, he is miles away from deserving any consideration for $90 mil.

Hey, what if Kap can't learn how to pocket pass? Then where are we? Think on that for a while.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Saw your write up on Kaps potential numbers Jason. Right now I wouldn't pay him a dime over 15 and honestly 10-12 seems more reasonable now. If his play picks up obviously the numbers can change but I would give him "Alex" money if we needed a deal done today.

Alex money won't cut it and there are way too many teams that will give him much more

When he plays consistently like a top 10 qb he can get paid like one. Nothing right now has an 85-100 mill look to it. The 2nd contract is about what you've done...not what we hope and wish you might do. Again its early so the numbers can change but for him to be our top paid player he needs to earn it.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Saw your write up on Kaps potential numbers Jason. Right now I wouldn't pay him a dime over 15 and honestly 10-12 seems more reasonable now. If his play picks up obviously the numbers can change but I would give him "Alex" money if we needed a deal done today.

Alex money won't cut it and there are way too many teams that will give him much more

When he plays consistently like a top 10 qb he can get paid like one. Nothing right now has an 85-100 mill look to it. The 2nd contract is about what you've done...not what we hope and wish you might do. Again its early so the numbers can change but for him to be our top paid player he needs to earn it.

I agree Justin. I think his value is at 15M , and 18-20M is too much. Produce then we'll see if your worth the money.
Thanks AB I like the work. It is interesting There are a lot of options on what they can do. the only thing that I think will change in this is what do Kap an Aldon want to get payed. if they hold out or sign for a fare price. With the problems Aldon is having right now what is he going to be thinking??? Crabtree will hold out and want more money that is what he has done so far so why would that change. I hope it does change. I just don't see why it would, So he mite be gone before he is resigned.
Share 49ersWebzone