There are 262 users in the forums

Do we have the weakest Home Field in the league??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we have the weakest Home Field in the league??

Jaguar fans by far. No one goes to games at their crappy, hot, humid ass field.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Some teams just travel well, and by that I mean fans come out of the woodwork. GB, Pit, Dallas, KC.. the teams that were great in the 60s and 70s tend to have fans all over the place.

You knew the Pack was well represented after John Kuhn's first carry
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I swear we have some of the quietest fans in the league.. It's not uncommon for the other teams fans to make their presence known at the stick. I heard waaaaaay to many Kooooooooohn chants and the crowd roaring when the Pack made plays.. I wish i lived on the west coast so I could attend games and go NUTS!!!

We have some of the DUMBEST fans in the league by far.

Cheering their drunk, fairweather, bandwagon asses off when we're on offense. Not to mention all the fake ass wannabe thugs and dumb women who'd rather talk to their friends about Facebook and go back and forth from beer lines rather than actually watch the f**king game.

Rant over.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
season ticket holder here

there's some ppl in my section in front of us that are a bit more on the senior side... they constantly tell ppl that arent' season ticket holders to sit down on 3rd down

"down in front, pls" etc. bullsh*t like that

you'll never deal with that in a places like cleveland, pittsburgh, seattle, GB, NO, etc

it's stupid, annoying and it's embarrassing.

if they're telling people to shut up when we are on offense then i agree with them. on defense the fans gotta get crazy
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I swear we have some of the quietest fans in the league.. It's not uncommon for the other teams fans to make their presence known at the stick. I heard waaaaaay to many Kooooooooohn chants and the crowd roaring when the Pack made plays.. I wish i lived on the west coast so I could attend games and go NUTS!!!

We have some of the DUMBEST fans in the league by far.

Cheering their drunk, fairweather, bandwagon asses off when we're on offense. Not to mention all the fake ass wannabe thugs and dumb women who'd rather talk to their friends about Facebook and go back and forth from beer lines rather than actually watch the f**king game.

Rant over.

This x1000

I came from Canada to go to a game and I swear that our stadium that holds 28,000 for the Roughriders was twice as loud as it gets at candlestick. I was on the first row banging the sign in front of me while on defense and there's a family of four all texting on their phones and then two girls to our left also texting on their phones looking at me like I'm bothering them. It was pathetic. They really need to explain it to the dumb fans on the Jumbotron how to act and also the announcers should announce it before the game and during halftime or whenever they can
The crowd represented. Wish I was there. Over the years in the zone, people mentioned how fans getting kicked out for standing, season ticket holders selling to visiting fans, and fans had nothing to cheer about....I feel the home field advantage has picked up from them times.
Voted no and I have never been to the stick, but it does seem kinda weak. I've heard it be loud but not much sad to say.
Part of it is the acoustics of Candlestick.
Does anyone know what the official crowd numbers were for the opener? I thought it would be sold out.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
yea. all the webzoners are drunk off their asses before kickoff and passed out in their seats the entire game.

lol wut? I was at the game yesterday. It was loud as FUUUUU
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Does anyone know what the official crowd numbers were for the opener? I thought it would be sold out.

niner games always sell out.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
on TV, you could hear the cheese heads loud and clear when Kuhn got the ball.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Sep 9, 2013 at 5:25 PM ]
The stick isn't the loudest stadium but the fans do love the team and make some noise and are into the game so i disagree. But sadly i think santa clara stadium will be the weakest home field advantage in football a bunch of yuppy silicon valley people who are there cause it's its a fun time in the sun and will be staring at there ipads and iphones the whole game. Most of the die hard rowdy loyal SAN FRANCISCO people will not be able to make there presence felt in the new stadium but hey this is what denise debartalo wanted.
We've always been good at home. Even during the dark ages of Nowin and Dingleberry we were decent. The crowd can't be that bad.
Share 49ersWebzone