LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DBSYM
  • Veteran
Good morning Webzone?!
Damn it feels good to post a winning game again.

For a replay in HD of Thursday nights game against the Rams, it's uploaded to the playlist.

2013 Regular Season Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFE_tPYRLiHNiW_sBvu3sutiag0godwzx

Direct link to game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZbT6ygvnmE

Have an A1 day.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Could it be that the Willis/Smith replacements were actually fresher, and so could pressure Bradford more eff

iciently?

I think it's that we have quality depth, everything I saw out of big white dude and Mr. Lemonade was nothing short of what I saw in preseason.

It was the Rams so it was essentially a pre season game. I will wait and see how next week goes before I get too excited. The D did look great though.

I don't write off a Jeff Fisher coached team. This was a good win.

Agreed and I would never write off anything. All I am saying is that the sky is falling after the last 2 games, now they play a decent game against a team that is playing dreadful football and people are acting as though they are back. I would rather wait and see how they look next week before getting too excited. It was a solid win and I'm pumped about that

I agree I'd feel so much better if kap didn't still look like a deer in headlights at times.

I was talking about his with my brother in law this morning. I think they should take the Alex Smith approach with Kaep right now. Make him a glorified "game manager" until he gets a.) more comfortable back there, b.) his confidence back and c.) more WR's back from injury. Give him safe throws and pound the ball. The difference is that Kaep has the ability to dominate a game, hence the glorified game manager comment. The kid is still learning back there, so why not simplify things for him instead of expecting him to be Rodgers, Brady etc. right now. .
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Sep 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
WINNING
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal

49ers had 11 drives of 12 yards or less. And won 35-11.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jcool:

they were trying to run clock
Originally posted by Jcool:

Did not like all of those 3 and outs.
I just hope Staley is okay.
Originally posted by buck:
Baldwin 2 receptions for 19 yards.

It's a beginning.

I want to see JB opposite Boldin from now on.
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BENCH WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
35-10 Niners.

Damn. Why did the Rams go for 2?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No possible way this team travels on a short week to the Rams to win. We complete 2 passes in a half on offense. This is not an NFL offense. It's clear the defense has also dropped off. We can't stop anybody anymore. Plus the read option is worthless this year. All the WR's and TE's are hurt. Coaching and play calling are questionable.

Forget the division. That's done. It's the Seahawks. Forget the wild card. I don't think we are making the playoffs. We will get a high draft pick.

oops ...
Originally posted by 49erWay:
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BENCH WILLIAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chad hall >>> williams
Rewatched the game... wanted to give props to Goodwin, Iupati, A. Davis, Gore, Miller, Boldin, V. McDonald, Dorsey. R. McDonald, Bowman, Brock and Ventrone... all had outstanding games, IMO.
Originally posted by baltien:
Funny. Before the season everyone was all but sure the Rams would sweep us because "OMG TAVON AUSTIN IS SO FAST" and they beat us once last year.

Now that they've been humbled.....not a Rams fan in sight. Can't wait until we remind Seattle that without an assist from the 12th man, they're nothing.

I'm here. Was in Chicago for a work project, and took a client to watch this game at a sports bar in Chicago. Also took a client to watch the Dallas game in Chicago Sunday.

It's not a matter of being humbled. You can't really humble fans of a team who have been so used to losing. It's a matter of being sold an expectation when Fisher became our coach....the idea we would be good again. Obviously, that was false.

I believed it, and I am sad. But, still love my Rams. Though I would like Shotty fired and Bradford benched.

I never came on here claiming anything pre-season, so don't act like all Rams' fans are as you describe. Won't back down when we lose, and won't gloat when (if ever) we win.

Congrats on the win. Rams officially suck this year. It's beyond stupid how much.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Sep 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM ]
You're alright.
Share 49ersWebzone