LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
We've lost two games, calm down. Only once has a super bowl winning team fine undefeated. We're gonna see a lot more of last season's and the first game's Kaepernick than the last two games.

Its not about losing two games. Its about how those two games were lost. I am as big a fan as any...but I am also a realist. These last two weeks were #1 pick worthy...and that starts at QB...remember???

Losing to the best team in the NFL at their house then losing to another playoff team is not #1 pick worthy. Be reasonable1.
d just couldn't get off the field time after time
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
The problem is this coaching staff can't recognize an opposing teams' issues. The game plan is always the same.

So is Mangini helping or not? If so, he's not doing a good job so far.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by captveg:
I've contended since the switch happened last year that this type of struggle was inevitable. You can't blow up the system and expect it to not have hiccups, and right now the hiccups are practically dry heaves.

The coaches need to get Kaep in the film room to see his intermediate receivers, and they need to support him with a bigger commitment to the run game. The era of Wonder-Kaep is done - time to make him a more balanced QB. I think it can be done. The question right now is why the **** aren't they doing it?

Kaep is a talent that should be used in the right time, but they've forgotten the staples of what made the 2011-2012 teams successful, and if the coaches have concerns about Kaep being able to run a more balanced offense like Smith did, well then that's their fault.
Totally agree. Also, I'm now a full blown critic of Greg Roman. In the first half Gore was getting good yards. I have no clue why we went away from that.

This is the same guy that went away from the run on the last drive in the Superbowl. Can we expect anything else from this guy?
we are quickly becoming a bigger circus than tim tebow himself. its sad to watch. who has it better that us? quite a few actually
our secondary blows by the way
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by facestabber:
We've had 2 good seasons.

It could well be our window is now closed and we will regress from this point on.

We might need to go into rebuilding mode.

Heck, the Colts is supposed to be in rebuilding mode and they still beat us !!!

Fxxking son of a bit*h !!!

I think we are just having a down year from SB loss. Too much to overcome. Next season we may get the edge back. I'm not overreacting I just feel this season will not end well. Thank god The Walking Dead starts soon

Frankly, I didn't have a good feeling going into this game. Including myself I just felt the team was still going through the Seahawks beat down hangover.

Based on what we have seen so far, likewise I doubt this season would end well. If we are lucky we might be a wildcard team.

At this point, I think we can lose to pretty much any team.

At this point..I think the playoffs are a very long shot..I think the seahg beatdown is really in their heads and now after this..worse still..way too much expectations by the press etc...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"Who's Got It better Than Us"

gotta change that slogan to (We Gotta Start Playing Better)... that begins with COACHING and should start in St Louis/Thursday!!
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
The problem is this coaching staff can't recognize an opposing teams' issues. The game plan is always the same.

So is Mangini helping or not? If so, he's not doing a good job so far.

Our offense looks just like his did in ny and clev so yea he must be throwing in his 2 cents
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
We've lost two games, calm down. Only once has a super bowl winning team fine undefeated. We're gonna see a lot more of last season's and the first game's Kaepernick than the last two games.

Disagree. Nfl watched film all offseason and it shows. Only reason he had a good day vs Green Bay was they committed to not letting him run. Now everyone sees that we have 1 WR who is over the bill and if they shut him down, we'll, we score fewer than 10 pts.
I agree. I've been a Kaep supporter since he became a starter because of his upside but sooner or later teams were going to learn him. The coaching staff is responsible to adjust to those teams and the past 2 games, they did not do a good job of doing that. Running was suppose to be the game plan which was working but then they stopped. Seems like Roman just wants to prove he can win with Kaeps arm but that is not going to happen much if they keep doing what they are doing.

Tim Tebow... theres the answer! If we want to suck, might as well suck in style.
IMO, Roman fell in love with his own greatness. All the talk about the read-option and pistol and he refused to adapt. Defenses figured it out but he he never had a plan B. GB was a fluke. We're predictable and teams have Kaepernick figured out. In his defense though, when he scrambles WRs block DBs rather than trying to get open. The entire offense is on Kaep's shoulders and he's not getting any help.

I blame Roman.
So no Aldon, Willis, & Vernon for Thursday's game. How wonderful
We've had 2 good seasons.

It could well be our window is now closed and we will regress from this point on.

We might need to go into rebuilding mode.

Heck, the Colts is supposed to be in rebuilding mode and they still beat us !!!

Fxxking son of a bit*h !!!

Oh give me a f*cking break. You are absurd
Just got done watching our game.

Just found out the result to your game.
Share 49ersWebzone