LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 3)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
So about them colts...who's gonna cover ty Hilton?

Hopefully not Asomugha.

The one thing common between the 49ers WRs and DBs....average talent at best. The one bright star is Eric Reid, & hopefully he recovers soon.

I really don't think Nnamdi has been bad. That flag they threw on him Sunday was complete crap. The coverage he had was no different than what Seattle does on every play.

He has been right on the hip of the WR in both games.

mmmm, I don't know about that. Nnamdi wasn't looking at the ball at all and there was clear contact before the ball got there. That's going to get flagged 99 times out of a hundred. Regardless of what the Seattle DB's were doing, that was piss-poor coverage. I'm not saying that Nnamdi was terrible the rest of the game, but .on that particular play, he had terrible positioning,

I have only seen the play once, so my memory could be jaded. From what I remember, he certainly could have done better, but my problem with that play is that there were other plays that were more obvious to me that Seattle never was called for, but they chose to call that one. The one that comes to mind was when the 2nd corner fought with everything he had to push Kyle Williams out of bounds while the ball was in the air on a hitch and go. To me, that seems more blatant than a guy who doesn't get his head around. Regardless of how it was called though, I hope to see him improve on that because he has been right on top of receivers for the better part of two games.

Hopefully not Asomugha.

The one thing common between the 49ers WRs and DBs....average talent at best. The one bright star is Eric Reid, & hopefully he recovers soon.

I really don't think Nnamdi has been bad. That flag they threw on him Sunday was complete crap. The coverage he had was no different than what Seattle does on every play.

mmmm, I don't know about that. Nnamdi wasn't looking at the ball at all and there was clear contact before the ball got there. That's going to get flagged 99 times out of a hundred. Regardless of what the Seattle DB's were doing, that was piss-poor coverage. I'm not saying that Nnamdi was terrible the rest of the game, but .on that particular play, he had terrible positioning,

I have only seen the play once, so my memory could be jaded. From what I remember, he certainly could have done better, but my problem with that play is that there were other plays that were more obvious to me that Seattle never was called for, but they chose to call that one. The one that comes to mind was when the 2nd corner fought with everything he had to push Kyle Williams out of bounds while the ball was in the air on a hitch and go. To me, that seems more blatant than a guy who doesn't get his head around. Regardless of how it was called though, I hope to see him improve on that because he has been right on top of receivers for the better part of two games.
Yeah, the Seattle DB's were getting away with murder, we get called for all the ticky-tack fouls. It was complete BS!

Hopefully not Asomugha.

I agree about that illegal contact on KW. That was totally blatant and right in the view of the official.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Yea well I think Wilson has peaked and that Kap will only get better. The Seahawks have peaked but we will be even better next year. You seen our draft ammo? You can jump ship if you want but I'm full speed ahead. On to the Colts! You Sir have strengthened my resolve. I'm at the Colts game 5th row 50 yd line this week. Go 49ers!

It has nothing to do with jumping ship. It is what it is. Admit it and take ownership of it and try to improve in order to beat them next time. That's all you can do at this stage.

Colts will be a new game and it has nothing to do with the Seahawks. Hopefully, we will be well prepared and can come out with a W.

I do not know about this jumping ship thing, but I do have questions.

Who or what do you like about the 49ers?

Almost all of your posts seem negative. From what I can tell you do not have a good opinion of Baalke and Harbaugh.

I do not remember you ever saying anything positive about any of the players on the team.

Yet, you frequently have positive things to say about players on other teams.

It just seems that you are constantly criticizing or complaining about the 49ers.

Maybe, I am just missing something.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 17, 2013 at 4:38 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

you feeling it yet?
If the 49ers really want this, they can go 7-0...until the game at New Orleans. First things first however.

i agree, no opponents really scare me till that NO in NO game. niners got a much easier schedule than seattle, but im wondering why VD always disappears during these seahawks games? are their freakishly large bodied secondary scare him or something?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Go, Niners, go!

you feeling it yet?

Tomorrow
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Go, Niners, go!

you feeling it yet?

Tomorrow

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

The CBS-TV announcing crew assigned to #Colts at #49ers on Sunday (1:25 p.m., PT) is Jim Nantz and Phil Simms.

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
If the 49ers really want this, they can go 7-0...until the game at New Orleans. First things first however.

i agree, no opponents really scare me till that NO in NO game. niners got a much easier schedule than seattle, but im wondering why VD always disappears during these seahawks games? are their freakishly large bodied secondary scare him or something?

he was probably playing with the hamstring all game and he finally couldnt take it anymore. i dont doubt VD's heart or toughness one bit
Originally posted by Jcool:

The CBS-TV announcing crew assigned to #Colts at #49ers on Sunday (1:25 p.m., PT) is Jim Nantz and Phil Simms.

We're their "A" game I guess.

Good, I wanna hear Simms drool over every one of Kap's throws
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

we better hope Kaep is out of the pocket then
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

we better hope Kaep is out of the pocket then

true that, once defenses realize he can't throw from the pocket, we'll be in trouble.
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Sep 17, 2013 at 5:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone