There are 282 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree who?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nicksha, have to admit I thot of that before writing this.

SofaKing
Thank you for putting into words what I have tried to explain. Instead of x,y,z guys, we just got two #1s. Fine by me. Whole thing will boil down to what crabs has when he comes back. Same speed, same ability to cut, same hands, and so on. I don't think anyone knows how he is going to do until he is on the field. Then we know...not until. Nonetheless, good point. What I am really curious about is how patton and moore will do when and if Coach throws to them. Vance is another, but I am already decided on him. He makes the best 2 TE combo in NFL...not yet, but soon....again Coach has to throw to him more.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
We have smart guys, but seriously, looking at the situation, we aren't just replacing a linebacker or offensive lineman. Those guys are top 3 at their position. Crabtree is not. If we extend Iupati, we aren't keeping Crabtree. I think it's telling that they haven't even gone to him yet.

Nonetheless, I expect the other receivers to be more involved next week. Seattle will not let it be all Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis.

If it comes to replacing a left guard or wr, you have to keep the wr, this is predicated on Crabtree coming back strong as before.
If it's an all pro LG, then good teams replace the WR and his unaffordable contract. But that is just my opinion and also that of a few guys I have read, Vince Lombardi, George Halas, Bill walsh. Plus I truly believe you do have to build lines first and once you have them, you keep them. Certainly there is another viewpoint, just not mine.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
We have smart guys, but seriously, looking at the situation, we aren't just replacing a linebacker or offensive lineman. Those guys are top 3 at their position. Crabtree is not. If we extend Iupati, we aren't keeping Crabtree. I think it's telling that they haven't even gone to him yet.

Nonetheless, I expect the other receivers to be more involved next week. Seattle will not let it be all Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis.

If it comes to replacing a left guard or wr, you have to keep the wr, this is predicated on Crabtree coming back strong as before.

Again this isn't just any old left guard here. One is in the top 3 at his position. Then we have a receiver who is top 10. One will cost much more than the other. And ironically one has already been approached about an extension :-/. If a decision is to be made, it looks like our front office has already made it.
the former overall tenth draft pick of the 2009 draft from the University of Texas Tech who last year received for 1,100 yards and had nine td catches.
even if cribtri
Again this isn't just any old left guard here. One is in the top 3 at his position. Then we have a receiver who is top 10. One will cost much more than the other. And ironically one has already been approached about an extension :-/. If a decision is to be made, it looks like our front office has already made it.

Our top three guard allowed a sack and had a poor day run blocking last week. He is great, but Larry Allen he is not.
Preach on Doc. Preach On.

Seriously though, we can use as many weapons. Imagine Vance, VD, Boldin, Crabs, Mario, Patton, Gore, Hunter, James and our secret weapons, BRUCE MILLER, we would be stacked on weapons.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Our top three guard allowed a sack and had a poor day run blocking last week. He is great, but Larry Allen he is not.

I never said he was.

Sometimes our top 5 QB overthrows his receivers. I've even saw him throw an interception in a game. It doesn't mean he's expendable.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I never said he was.

Sometimes our top 5 QB overthrows his receivers. I even saw him throw an interception in a game. It doesn't mean he's expendable.

We keep iupati. Crabtree wants to stay but he also wants to get paid. He will but for him to stick some of the big 4 will have to give us a break. If not Crabtree leaves. And mccloughan drafted him to be Boldin. He is almost the possession guy he is with better YAC. They are nearly equivalent but Boldin might ask for less
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
208 yds, 13 passes. Last time that happened had to have been Jerry Rice...I'm guessing 17-20 yrs ago. Somebody let me know. All that "stuff" about how our WRs are going to fall off this yr? Did they really look at Anquan Boldin in the SB, playing for a team that didn't pass that much. Then Vernon, came thru like a champ, kyle catching passes that we had to have...

But in the end, when we absolutely, postitively had to have it, it was Anquan...and Kap , not a bad day himself at 412 yrds, put it on the money. GB came in and stopped our run game. In second half, mercifully, Roman started calling passes. But still and all, the Anquan show will be remembered yrs from now. You do have to wonder if he can do this game in , game out. Whatever, Anquan, you are the greatest, and thank you for becoming a 49er....the only Raven not to go to the White HOuse an meet the president. Why? He wanted to stay here and work with his team. Now, where do I get a #81 jersey?

Crbs who?

Ummm.... you do know we're talking about the reciever position, not quarterbacks, right? I think we should do something nuts like play them both at the same time!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We keep iupati. Crabtree wants to stay but he also wants to get paid. He will but for him to stick some of the big 4 will have to give us a break. If not Crabtree leaves. And mccloughan drafted him to be Boldin. He is almost the possession guy he is with better YAC. They are nearly equivalent but Boldin might ask for less

Boldin is getting long in the tooth. If we want to stay competitive guys are going to have to get over being paid top dollar. The reason teams start sucking is because they invest so much in one player that all of the sudden they can't pay anyone else. Clever contract negotiations can help but ultimately if the team wants to remain a legit contender players are going to have to sacrifice some ego and take less cash, I guess we will see when the time comes who is about money and who is about winning.
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/49er-game-winners-and-losers.46273/page-8

A few posts down. Crabtree is a "scrub."

And later, Crabtree would likely be the #4 reciever on the Packers.

lol
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/49er-game-winners-and-losers.46273/page-8

A few posts down. Crabtree is a "scrub."

And later, Crabtree would likely be the #4 reciever on the Packers.

lol

You should post "Rogers is a scrub, he'd be a decent backup for San Francisco."
Share 49ersWebzone