LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Regarding other teams targeting Kaep to injure him this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not too worried about Kap getting hurt. He is far less likely to get hurt than many other QBs for the following reasons:

- He is big, strong, and is just as much of an athlete as anybody else on the field. You typically worry more about the Tom Brady's and Aaron Roger types that spend more time in the film room than the weight room. Kap is a QB in the body of a TE.

- He plays behind one of the best OLs in the league. We are seriously stacked up front. Our OL has also been playing together in the same offense for a while now. They communicate and pickup blitzes well.

- He has very good pocket awareness. I was very impressed last season by his ability to feel pressure as it's coming and avoid it.
Originally posted by blm7754:
I'm not too worried about Kap getting hurt. He is far less likely to get hurt than many other QBs for the following reasons:

- He is big, strong, and is just as much of an athlete as anybody else on the field. You typically worry more about the Tom Brady's and Aaron Roger types that spend more time in the film room than the weight room. Kap is a QB in the body of a TE.

- He plays behind one of the best OLs in the league. We are seriously stacked up front. Our OL has also been playing together in the same offense for a while now. They communicate and pickup blitzes well.

- He has very good pocket awareness. I was very impressed last season by his ability to feel pressure as it's coming and avoid it.

All good points that jim is very well aware of..i think its just a ploy to get refs to call more penalties in favor of Kap, ill take 15 free yards all day .
There is a different standard in how they are going to treat a golden by league favorite like Tom Brady vs. Kaepernick unfortunately. That should not be the case. but it is unfortunately.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Every front line defensive player from Pee-Wee to Pros wants to knock the opposing team's QB out of the game with a clean, hard hit. Considering this how is this topic thread worthy.

Examples of why the "clarification" was made ... Suggs hitting Kap (at least once in the back), in the pocket, with the ball several yards away.

Does anybody know how these same plays would be called today? I sure don't.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
It sounds like they would be flagged because he's going backwards.
Baltimore was paid to win and the refs were on the take.

That said, this year the 49ers will have an answer for the bull...stuff.

It will be in the plan.

That said, Kaep sees the rush before it happens and knows where to go.

He will be fine and is ready to hit before getting hit this year.

That is why he beefed up.

You all gonna jump outta your chair when when he decks a DL.

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Baltimore was paid to win and the refs were on the take.

That said, this year the 49ers will have an answer for the bull...stuff.

I just hope your OP and this are troll posts and you'e keeping them on this site only. Otherwise you're going to make the rest of us 49ers fans look real bad.
Originally posted by Disp:
I just hope your OP and this are troll posts and you'e keeping them on this site only. Otherwise you're going to make the rest of us 49ers fans look real bad.

Just tossing back Ray Lewis Bs their way.

Really, not a conspiracy theorist. We simply didn't win the Bowl for the first time ever.

I think we have answers this year.
This is what upsets Harbaugh about the latest comments from the head of officiating.....

Compare the "stances" of these QBs and see if you can relate how one is more of a threat to make a play with the ball than the other...

????

All 3 QBs are a threat with the ball on play action fakes. If Kap takes off running I can see why it'd be ok to still tackle him,...that's actually what we want.

But if it's obvious that all 3 of these QBs have faked the ball,...it sounds like the NFL is saying they will protect Brady and Manning, yet not protect Kap. There is no good reason whatsoever why . Brady is even in motion on one of them above, unlike Kap being stagnant in the pistol. He could role out and take off or throw it to the back of the EZ.

So clarification is still needed because all QBs should have the same protection when they fake a hand-off.

They had might as well said "these guys are younger and can take the pounding so we're going to go off stereotypes and protect the older guys"
[ Edited by random49er on Sep 5, 2013 at 1:39 PM ]

They aren't doing fake handoffs. Those are real handoffs. It's not the same.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM ]
These defense plans are so lame. We can't stop it so we'll just cheap shot you until you stop or we get flagged.

NFL would rather worrying about spinning a ball after a play rather then making the game fair. Holding? Who care? Your socks don't match!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
These defense plans are so lame. We can't stop it so we'll just cheap shot you until you stop or we get flagged.

NFL would rather worrying about spinning a ball after a play rather then making the game fair. Holding? Who care? Your socks don't match!

The NFL is rediculous on the things they enforce and don't enforce.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They aren't doing fake handoffs. Those are real handoffs. It's the same.

Only the last one was a real hand off. The 1st 2 with Brady and Manning were play action passes.
Originally posted by random49er:
This is what upsets Harbaugh about the latest comments from the head of officiating.....

Compare the "stances" of these QBs and see if you can relate how one is more of a threat to make a play with the ball than the other...

????

All 3 QBs are a threat with the ball on play action fakes. If Kap takes off running I can see why it'd be ok to still tackle him,...that's actually what we want.

But if it's obvious that all 3 of these QBs have faked the ball,...it sounds like the NFL is saying they will protect Brady and Manning, yet not protect Kap. There is no good reason whatsoever why . Brady is even in motion on one of them above, unlike Kap being stagnant in the pistol. He could role out and take off or throw it to the back of the EZ.

So clarification is still needed because all QBs should have the same protection when they fake a hand-off.

They had might as well said "these guys are younger and can take the pounding so we're going to go off stereotypes and protect the older guys"
I just saw a whole segament on this on nfl live. If they really do enforce the same rules guys like peyton and brady are going to be hammered. great post!
Share 49ersWebzone