LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

What will it take for us to get back to the Superbowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Take care of the little things and take care of the things we can control like the effort we give, how hard we play, how well we tackle and if we are ready to play the game(vikings last year). Take care of the ball, cut down on the penalties we had last year which either extended drives for the other team and stopped drives for us. Do not shoot our selves in the foot. gotta have some luck in regards to injuries. coaches need to do a better job with challenges, getting plays called in on time and playing to our strengths and not getting to cute for our own good. i feel we will win a majority of the games if we have the lead going into the fourth quarter due to our defense and run game.
Were not going back.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Home field advantage in the playoffs would be nice. High seed. Would hate to have to travel to Century Link Field twice

if we are the elite team we think we are, then we should not be scared to go on the road to play. the niner teams that won the super bowl never worried about that stuff,,, freezing cold in chicago one year!
Two things in particular:

1. Colin Kaepernick must be able to turn pedestrian WRs into above average WRs. The great QBs do this. Watch Brady, Brees or Rodgers. Doesn't really matter who they plug in at WR because these QBs make them look good. I do think CK has this ability because unlike Alex Smith, he can get our WRs a catchable ball.

2. Fangio must find a way to keep our defense fresh. He's stubborn and doesn't like to substitute. But history shows that unless we are rested down the stretch come playoff time it will be difficult to win. I really want to see healthy doses of Lemonier and eventually Tank and I'll be upset if it doesn't happen.
If Kaep is as good as I think he is we go back. Sometimes it comes down to one play, the blown coverage by the Broncos against the Ravens, non-calls, fumbles, etc. I'd like a season like the 84 and 89 teams, complete domination from opening kickoff to trophy presentation.
we wont get back this year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
If Kaep is as good as I think he is we go back. Sometimes it comes down to one play, the blown coverage by the Broncos against the Ravens, non-calls, fumbles, etc. I'd like a season like the 84 and 89 teams, complete domination from opening kickoff to trophy presentation.
it does not matter how many points ck puts up, this season is on the defense in my opinion. can not afford injuries, underachieving, poor tackling. you know teams will want to keep our offense off the field. their philosophy is the best defense is a good offense that keeps the niners offense off the field
Originally posted by mattster03:
Winning 10 to 13 games and then 2 or 3 in the playoffs.

Mmmmmm... 2 OR 3 ey?
the proliferation of these idiots (including clay matthews) that think the pistol is an offense sure doesnt hurt one bit

I used to get upset when I saw it but the fact that these a*****es are still spouting it out means they still dont understand.

I like that.
Just do what Ray Ray did get god to back the niners this year. Do we have anyone on the team that make a spectacle of prayer in front of the cameras?

Don't lose in the playoffs
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Don't lose in the playoffs

• buck
  • Veteran
We are starting from scratch. It is a new year.

If we have a winning season, that is good. If we make the play-offs that is better.

I will worry about the rest after we make the play-offs.
1) Stay healthy

2) Win division

The team's talent will play itself out.
Everyone needs to be healthy, especially Kaepernick and the WR core. I'm glad we have enough depth at the wr position especially late in the season when Rio and Crabs come back, and its nice to see that Kap and Vernon are getting that chemistry and Vance looks to be an upgrade to Walker pass catching wise. The running game will be fine as always since we have Gore and Hunter with LMJ coming back in a couple months and a new and improved Dixon in my eyes. Defensively we need the pass rushing to be there consistently throughout the season, which is why I'm hoping for Fangio to switch up rotations to prevent fatigues and injuries from happening so the secondary will hold up its end of the bargain.

So basically we need everything to go our way for a shot at a superbowl again. Which is the case for every contender.
Share 49ersWebzone