There are 219 users in the forums

How much info can the Packers get from Tolzien?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hope right out of the gate we run a few plays using formations, language, and signals we know Tolzien told them about ... but then run completely different plays specifically tailored to their adjustments that instantly blow their brains out of their craniums and shrivel their knowledge boners into quivering vagi-flaps. Or maybe use some of the plays Tolzien knows at the outset, plays we know they can't stop, to lure them into thinking they have a beat on us. Then, when it really counts, we bust out a home run. To me, Tolzien's knowledge just gives us more ways to mess wit dey minds.
Originally posted by captain_planet:
I hope right out of the gate we run a few plays using formations, language, and signals we know Tolzien told them about ... but then run completely different plays specifically tailored to their adjustments that instantly blow their brains out of their craniums and shrivel their knowledge boners into quivering vagi-flaps. Or maybe use some of the plays Tolzien knows at the outset, plays we know they can't stop, to lure them into thinking they have a beat on us. Then, when it really counts, we bust out a home run. To me, Tolzien's knowledge just gives us more ways to mess wit dey minds.

wouldn't it be easier to just have Kaep throw a pick 6 again?
He can probably give out specific jock sizes.
he can debrief info on proper clipboard holding posture
"yeah coach, they throw the ball and run a lot. The QB as you know is really fast."
[ Edited by btthepunk on Sep 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM ]
  • SaksV
  • Veteran

LMFAO
I think I just died
Originally posted by SaksV:

LMFAO
I think I just died
Yes, that was funny. Poetry that is
Tolzien can give a ton of information about under throwing receivers, not reading coverage, not feeling pressure, and not having arm strength. Oh, and pretty much all of the play book. But I'm guessing it's pretty difficult to get real specific on 1000+ pages of plays and strategy.
49ers should just come out in the shotgun formation with 4 WR out there....really confuse the crap out of them.
I think that the majority of fans completely overrate what a player offers to his new team. The coaches of the Packers can 100% recognize the plays the 49ers run just from watching the film. All Tolzien can do is tell them what the 49ers call that play, which doesn't matter. You really think that when the Packers sit down and watch film on the 49ers they can't tell which routes the WRs are running or which blocking schemes they are using?

I find it funny that everyone worried about Tolzien telling the Packers intel are only concerned about what draft pick the Colts gave up for Cam Johnson, instead of Cam giving them the 49ers defensive playbook. They were both 3rd stringers and Tolzien was only with the 49ers for 1 year longer. That should tell you all you need to know about what Tolzien is going to offer the Packers.

Oh, and don't give me that BS about how QBs know more about the playbook. Most NFL players learn where everyone else is supposed to be for each play so that they can perform their duties 100%.
[ Edited by threelittlebirds on Sep 3, 2013 at 3:21 PM ]

• teeohh
  • Veteran
What's he going to do, speak to Matthews through his headset and tell him what to do?

Maybe we should do no huddle
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by davidb:
Originally posted by boast:
it's not as easy as you think it is to copy the info to a flash drive.

I did some research after I read this statement. I think he is correct. It appears now that is pretty complicated to copy the playbook off of an iPad. Since there is no USB port on an iPad, a player couldn't just connect a flash drive to the iPad and copy the playbook to the flash drive. There are some more sophisticated maneuvers that one could use to copy a document off of an iPad, but they are not realistic in this situation.

I assume that the 49ers would keep their playbook on a secure server (and not download it onto each iPad) and the players would be given an iPad that was setup to "access" the server, allowing the player to see the playbook. Of course, one could still use a pencil and paper to make notes etc.
Compress the file and email it..or screen capture pics

They have no internet or network connection. How you gonna get anything off of it?
Trent Dilfer said the intel former #49ers QB Scott Tolzien is providing the #Packers is VERY valuable ...

Dilfer, a former NFL QB and current ESPN analyst, said the brainy Tolzien can give Green Bay an edge. Tolzien was signed to Green Bay's practice Sunday after spending the past two seasons as the 49ers' third-string quarterback: "I wouldn't make it a blanket statement if you go and get somebody who was on the roster of the team you're playing it's a huge advantage," Dilfer said. "It has to be the right guy. I think if you're the Green Bay Packers and you want to be taken behind the veil, so to speak, of what the 49ers do, the best guy to get is Scott Tolzien. Because the whole reason he was on the 49ers' roster is because he was a smart guy. It wasn't because he was a highly talented player. There's tremendous advantage, especially when you play the 49ers, because so much of their success has come because of Greg Roman's new wrinkles that he's given to offensive football. The deception that he's implemented into this offense."
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by davidb:
Originally posted by boast:
it's not as easy as you think it is to copy the info to a flash drive.

I did some research after I read this statement. I think he is correct. It appears now that is pretty complicated to copy the playbook off of an iPad. Since there is no USB port on an iPad, a player couldn't just connect a flash drive to the iPad and copy the playbook to the flash drive. There are some more sophisticated maneuvers that one could use to copy a document off of an iPad, but they are not realistic in this situation.

I assume that the 49ers would keep their playbook on a secure server (and not download it onto each iPad) and the players would be given an iPad that was setup to "access" the server, allowing the player to see the playbook. Of course, one could still use a pencil and paper to make notes etc.
Compress the file and email it..or screen capture pics

They have no internet or network connection. How you gonna get anything off of it?
C'mon..an ipad with no wifi ?

idk if tolzien knows a lot of the offense..wasn't he the scout team QB ?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Im really really not concerned about this. We are a better team than Green Bay and I believe our collective Coaching Staff is smarter than Tolzein. Tolzein may make the game closer than it would normally be, but I think we're still gonna win. I doubt our CS would let Tolzein go and then be completely blindsided by him getting signed by The Packers and panic.

It's not gonna make a difference and I think its hilarious that a 3rd string QB is supposed to give the Packers the winning edge. Are you serious?
Share 49ersWebzone