LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Most hated All-time 49ers Foe

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Most hated All-time 49ers Foe

Originally posted by xtm059:
f**k the raiders, the packers, the falcons, the saints, the cowboys, the vikings, the lions, the chargers, the broncos, the rams, the seahawks, the panthers, the jets, the patriots, the cardinals, the bills, the steelers, the jaguars, and the bucaneers.

f**k the titans, the texans, the chiefs, the raiders, the browns, the bengals, the dolphins, the colts and the bears.

f**k the redskins, the eagles and the giants.

It's all about the 49ers and everyone else is just a weekly obstacle.

Hate the cowgirls, fudgepackers, seachickens but, at the top are the lambs. Living down here in LA, going to Niners-lambs games and us always kicking their butts, and having to deal with these WHINEY, PUNK-A$$, lamb fans whose manhood was tied to their team was the absolute worst. Niners would whup that a$$ and these chumps would want to FIGHT, as long as there were at least twice as many of them as there were of us. Funny story: my brother and I go to a game at Anaheim stadium. a man, and his 4-5 yr old son who has on a lamb uniform, are rooting for their team. two older ladies, who are Niner fans, are sitting behind him. byhalftime,the two ladies have the little boy rooting for the Niners! Dad was a good sport and laughed about it!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Really hated the Cowpukes and Packers back in the day. ( still do )

The Seahawks are the new evil villains nowadays.

Why? What have they done?

They blew us out in their stadium in a game that ultimately was meaningless, their coach is a douche that our coach doesn't like, their players use PEDs, their secondary was allowed to cheat all year last year, their fans and the media are annoying as hell, and their players talk too much sh*t. But as for their actual team performance, they've done NOTHING. They've never knocked us out of the playoffs or prevented a championship. Until something like that happens, they're just another team.
The '70s Cowboys. They gave SF an inferiority complex it took 3 Super Bowl wins to fully erase.

You also could make a case for the '70's Rams. When we were mediocre, they usually cleaned up on us 30 something to 3. At half.

That was trauma.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Sep 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM ]
The Seahawks could make the list, if they ever best us at anything meaningful. The Giants beating us in 1990 cost us a three peat and the unchallenged title of the Greatest Team of All-time. The 1992 loss to the Boys threw me into a depression. When we lost the 2011 NFC Championship to the Giants (again) I had to just put it out of my mind completely. Last years loss to the Ravens was bad but I saw that Kaep was going to take us there again and again, so it wasn't as bad as the other two.
The 90s Cowboys & the Favre Packers that were in the way during Young's tenure.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
The '70s Cowboys. They gave SF an inferiority complex it took 3 Super Bowl wins to fully erase.

You also could make a case for the '70's Rams. When we were mediocre, they usually cleaned up on us 30 something to 3. At half.

That was trauma.

For me it will always be the 60's and 70's rams. then the 70's cowboys.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerTy:
Hate the cowgirls, fudgepackers, seachickens but, at the top are the lambs. Living down here in LA, going to Niners-lambs games and us always kicking their butts, and having to deal with these WHINEY, PUNK-A$$, lamb fans whose manhood was tied to their team was the absolute worst. Niners would whup that a$$ and these chumps would want to FIGHT, as long as there were at least twice as many of them as there were of us. Funny story: my brother and I go to a game at Anaheim stadium. a man, and his 4-5 yr old son who has on a lamb uniform, are rooting for their team. two older ladies, who are Niner fans, are sitting behind him. byhalftime,the two ladies have the little boy rooting for the Niners! Dad was a good sport and laughed about it!

LOL, nice....

that's right, I forgot about those "same old sorry" lambs... they've been so irrelevant (silence of the lambs) up until last year. But the "greatest show on turf" is bye bye forever
Originally posted by LVJay:
LOL, nice....

that's right, I forgot about those "same old sorry" lambs... they've been so irrelevant (silence of the lambs) up until last year. But the "greatest show on turf" is bye bye forever

My favorite game was when that quote was famously caught by NFL films: the very first rams-Niners game in St Louis...rams were 1st place in the NFCW at 8-1, Niners were 5-4 reeling from injuries to Young, William Floyd, et al (Super Bowl champ hangover I suppose).... final score was an epic curbstomping with the Niners putting up a 40-burger on those pretenders....they never recovered and their season crashed and burned while the Niners season was reignited

Hope a similar asswhooping happens to those shecocks from Baja Canada real soon....
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by LVJay:
LOL, nice....

My favorite game was when that quote was famously caught by NFL films: the very first rams-Niners game in St Louis...rams were 1st place in the NFCW at 8-1, Niners were 5-4 reeling from injuries to Young, William Floyd, et al (Super Bowl champ hangover I suppose).... final score was an epic curbstomping with the Niners putting up a 40-burger on those pretenders....they never recovered and their season crashed and burned while the Niners season was reignited

Hope a similar asswhooping happens to those shecocks from Baja Canada real soon....

Stubblefield in da house!

I can't wait till we bust out the broom (especially lambs/CAWK blockers).

"Baja Canada"

It's probably the 90's Cowboys. But that is so long ago it doesn't matter anymore. The most annoying team to me is the SeaGirls. They are loud mouthed, arrogant to a degree that defies imagination, all take Peds, Roids, cheat as much as they can, have a classes coach in Carroll. And they got annoying fans too.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Sep 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Really hated the Cowpukes and Packers back in the day. ( still do )

The Seahawks are the new evil villains nowadays.

Why? What have they done?

They blew us out in their stadium in a game that ultimately was meaningless, their coach is a douche that our coach doesn't like, their players use PEDs, their secondary was allowed to cheat all year last year, their fans and the media are annoying as hell, and their players talk too much sh*t. But as for their actual team performance, they've done NOTHING. They've never knocked us out of the playoffs or prevented a championship. Until something like that happens, they're just another team.

This. This all day and night. The Seahawks are irrelevant until they do something
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Here's how I summarize my hatreds:

Early/Mid '90s Cowboys were an annoying rival but guess what, how can you be mad at a team that was gifted their greatness due to the Herschel Walker pick?? That team was ridiculously stacked on the OL and DL, making everybody around them better. To top it off due to Haley's inability to get along with Steve Young, he had to be traded.....although I have no idea in hell why they thought Cowboys was a good idea? Maybe the fact that they were 1-15 not many seasons prior, they were still seen as a bad team?

I've rewatched some of those games. The greatness of Steve Young and Rice is what kept us in those early bouts, then once we got over the hump I don't recall them beating us much, if at all.

Mid to late '90s Packers: Here's where I think I have more hatred for because it seems were we beaten more thoroughly. As has been pointed out by the sages on WZ, Holmgren and their DC just knew how to shut us down. Plus it didn't help that for most of this era we didn't have a good RB. Favre is more hateable than Aikman ever could be (then and now). Guys like Antonio Freeman, Mark Chmura were also annoying.

Cowboys games were close so to speak until late in the game when they would pull away. Packers games were frustrating from the 1st quarter on and never relented.

Mid to Late '80s Giants (early '90s Giants is misnomer here): A very interesting thorn in our side. A team that was built for the sole intention of keeping us out of super bowl appearances (then and now). Outside of 1985/1986 playoffs, they've managed to keep us out a few times by the slimmest of margins and luckiest of breaks. We killed a helpless '93 squad, and spoiled their '02 appearance....but those Giants teams were never going all the way. They are a perfect 5-0 in conference title games, two of which came at our expense.

You may say that if there wasn't holding on that Rice TD in '92 NFCC first drive the game could have been different, but those Cowboy and Packers teams that beat us were fundamentally better. The Giants teams that beat us after '86 have not been "better" once. So for that I hold them higher.

Plus like "NYVAGIANTSSUCK", I happened to live in the NYC metro area most of my life from 1986 onwards, so I have more real life Giants fan friends than Cowboys/Packers by a few miles. That part certainly does not help.

I'll have you guys know that Giants fans and even players from the late '80s always felt we dogged the Rams game in '88 finale to "keep them out" because we were scared and they also felt confident they could have beat us in '89 had Flipper Anderson not scored a walk off TD in OT the week before our 30-3 Rams beating. Even the '89 MNF game they felt they could have won, as I'm sure they would say about the '90 MNF the year after.

That sense of arrogant entitlement needs discipline. If I can paint the final Candlestick Park game with full control it's the Giants getting killed in the NFC Championship game.

Great insight!
I started this thread in September. Many wrote that our most hated rival is not Seattle, because they haven't won anything yet. Well, now they not only won a SB, but they cost us #6.
For me it's the Cowboys but I think it will change to Seahawks soon enough...
Top 5:
1. Cowboys 90's
2. Seahawks
3. Packers(hated in the Favre era)
4. Giants from 90's to current
5. every other NFC West team
Share 49ersWebzone