LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Frank "the tank's" replacment?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Frank "the tank's" replacment?

• Chico
  • Veteran
Frank has...maybe one more year left and you can tell he is running out of gas towards the end of each season. Plus, his contract is up after next year.
Who do you want to replace him?

the jury is out on Marcus but i'd really like to see Dixon get more carries
[ Edited by Chico on Aug 29, 2013 at 1:13 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Latt will take over next year.
baalke trades baldwin for adrian peterson
It will be either Hunter or Lattimore. Hunter looked explosive on that one run on Sunday and played very well last year. James will never the bell cow on this team.

Lets see how Lattimore recovers, but would be great if he could get close to 100%.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Hunter.

Latt is still a huuuuge question mark. dude had a horrific knee injury. there are no guarantees he can even be 50% the player he was.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
can't replace the bell cow it's gonna be running back by committee when Gore is done.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Hunter.

Latt is still a huuuuge question mark. dude had a horrific knee injury. there are no guarantees he can even be 50% the player he was.

why does frank only have 1 year left? he has the best vision in the nfl that makes him less dependent on his physical skills. he could loose another step and still be better han 90% of the backs out there. I could see him being our starter for another 3 years.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Hunter is the best back outside of Gore, and I don't think it'll be close even when (if) Lattimore gets healthy. Gore will play til he's 40 though, so kind of a moot point.
Hunter.

You should PM Frank Gore about knee injuries and coming back from them.

Lattimore.
the whole depth chart will replace him. Hunter, James and Lattimore is tremendous depth
Originally posted by stunder49:
Hunter.

You should PM Frank Gore about knee injuries and coming back from them.

Lattimore's injury was more severe than Gore's.
Lattimore say no more

and^^^^^ medical procedures have come a long way in 10 years.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I don't have any expectations for lattimore his injury was bad. it's doubtful he will ever be the same player he was before.
Share 49ersWebzone