There are 146 users in the forums

Niners get 7th for Parys Haralson

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Niners get 7th for Parys Haralson

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Michael Schottey @Schottey
The idea that Parys Haralson was expendable to the San Francisco 49ers should scare the absolute **** out of every other team in the NFC

• bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Empire49:
Nobody compared them, except you. LOL

Sorry, it was other Haralson thread. Egg on face!
Remember how much more we got in the Alex Smith trade...two high picks when everyone was saying we would get a 4th at best. Baalke probably worked a 3rd out of Payton. wouldn't be surprised at all but if I were to bet id say a 4th
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Remember how much more we got in the Alex Smith trade...two high picks when everyone was saying we would get a 4th at best. Baalke probably worked a 3rd out of Payton. wouldn't be surprised at all but if I were to bet id say a 4th

a 3rd or 4th for a backup would be awesome. parys is badass and had a great preseason. we really missed him last year but this year with all the new depth we wont even miss him. any other team thinking they have a better defense than us is smoking crack. our backups can start for most teams. s**t, even at cb and safety where we thought we would be thin we are loaded
I bet they got a 6th or 7th but I would have held onto him unless it was at least a 4th or 5th and there is no way the got that.
When did 5th round picks become valuable? Haralson is an 8 year vet with probably 4 or so more years of quality play. He was a starter on the 2011 SF Niners, which was a historically good run defense. Its not easy to find high quality 3-4 OLBs with experience like Haralson. A 5th round pick would be disappointing. If your happy to trade Haralson for Trent Robinson or another project player, I don't know what to tell you.
[ Edited by sweetDwilly on Aug 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
The idea that Parys Haralson was expendable to the San Francisco 49ers should scare the absolute **** out of every other team in the NFC

I am tellin ya....no jinx on the table, nothing: The 49ers are going to run away with it this season. Soft schedule. Much more experienced team and coaching staff. More talent than most of the league combined.

It's going to be a damn good year.
Easy to be a cynic when his value to us was low because of a guy who can put up 19+ sacks per year vs. a guy who has only a couple more career sacks. Now with up and coming Lemonier looking like he could take Brooks' job in the near future as well. Haralson at his age and cap # has little value with us. NOW were talking about a team with playoff hopes, making a transition to a 3-4 and has run out of personnel to even run that D. Baalke pounced on this... guaranteed! He is shrewd with supply and demand situations and think he could have pulled off a 3rd for Haralson.

Saints needed this bad!! I'll take a 4th.... truth is I'd take what we drafted him at 5th. But I think at that point he might have been best kept here for depth and avoid what we went through last season. It's a LONG season and players are dropping like flies out there! Hopeful and I trust in Harbaalke!!
My guess is a 3rd rounder but i'm hoping a 2nd rounder since there D is terrible. The trade bummed me out he was a beast this preseason i couldn't wait to see how he would do in the regular season. But with lemonier playing well i guess i can see why they had to do this.

Dont know who Schottey is other than he probably sat shotgun all his life... but Good... good (would post a meme but dont know how to do that on a Mac at the moment... wheres the f*ckin right click ugh)

Originally posted by zillabeast:
I am tellin ya....no jinx on the table, nothing: The 49ers are going to run away with it this season. Soft schedule. Much more experienced team and coaching staff. More talent than most of the league combined.

It's going to be a damn good year.

I agree, man. I have a feeling we're going to beat the hell out of the league this year. Explosive, balanced offense. Stingy defense. Rejuvenated special teams. We're gonna kill it.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 5280High:

Dont know who Schottey is other than he probably sat shotgun all his life... but Good... good (would post a meme but dont know how to do that on a Mac at the moment... wheres the f*ckin right click ugh)

Control + click
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows26sCompensation for Parys Haralson is a conditional seventh-round pick in 2014, according to a league source.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows26sCompensation for Parys Haralson is a conditional seventh-round pick in 2014, according to a league source.

I'm guessing that means it could become a 6th?
Originally posted by boast:
Control + click

Garcia!
Share 49ersWebzone