LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
According to Maiocco Trent Robinson was signed to the Eagles PS.

Since we signed Thomas to our PS I'm not sure if we were ever interested in him for the PS. For all we know though he signed with the Eagles PS first and we went with our 2nd choice. Maybe he figured he would have a better shot making the team on their PS than ours.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Cooper claimed by KC

MarQueis Gray has been claimed by the Browns. Sucks !!

I really wanted MarQueis Gray, damn it !!

Let's see whether Chuck Jacobs will survive.

I wanted gray too. I feel like even though celek may be more advanced right now I would have liked to see them gamble and gray and his upside
I think tukuafu is just another guy, hes ok. Havent seen ventrone enough to see how great of a special teams player he is. Im still sour that we didn't resign Costanzo
  • buck
  • Veteran
I think 6 of our cuts have been picked up by other teams.

Cooper, Marcus KC
Hall, Chad KC
Scott Tolzien GB
Gray, MarQueis Cleveland
Ricardo Lockette Chicago
Robinson, Trenton Philadelphia
[ Edited by buck on Sep 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Ah I see, did you forget to add the 2 fumbles in the NFC game for Williams too ? Obessive opnions, really ? LMAO.

Like you said in another post. We have to be able to give people a break. Apparently, Harbaugh has given Williams a break.

I have no problems with Hawkins getting called back. I have given him that break. I also have no problems with Hawkins not getting called back.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
True! My new second favorite team! I hope Minnesota doesn't feel jilted--but Tarkenton hasn't played there for a few years so perhaps it's time to move on!?

They are my second favorite team, also---but only until they win 8 games.

After they win 8, I want them to loose every game.

Ideally, they win the first 8 and then lose out.

They win 8. We get a second round pick
They lose 8, the pick we get is a higher pick.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I really wanted MarQueis Gray, damn it !!

Let's see whether Chuck Jacobs will survive.

Jacobs survived.

I would like to see him add weight and muscle.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM ]
Chris Biderman @ChrisBiderman TE, but yeah RT @AdamSchefter: Six teams -- CLEV, HOU, GB, DAL, NO, BALT -- put in waiver claims for former 49ers RB MarQueis Gray.

holy smokes what were we thinking?

I wonder if this many # of teams would've done the same thing if cut Celek instead.

Biderman also says that if McDonald were a more developed blocker, the 9ers might have kept Gray.

I don't remember Walker being used to pass block like some make it seem McDonald or Celek will be used.

I remember Walker chipping players, assist blocking, run blocking...but not one on one like Vernon would.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM ]
Walker did do pass blocking too. I think they should have kept Gray and not Ventrone ... but spilt milk now.

I prefer Thomas to Robinson, and apparently the 49ers do too (assuming the NFL transactions are posted in order Thomas signed significantly before Robinson).
Yeah I would have kept Gray as well but that is something. 6 teams... well at least he went to Cleveland and not Baltimore, GB, NO or Houston. I think he can be their #3 for starters and work his way up to #2. Hopefully he can succeed there.

Yeah Scoots seems like they liked Thomas over Robinson if those transactions were in order and Thomas was signed to the PS well before Robinson signed to the Eagles PS. I would have thought we went with 4 S before thinking Ventrone would have made it. I wouldn't have been surprised with Thomas over Robinson at all. Could be more to come.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 11:18 PM ]

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Chris Biderman @ChrisBiderman TE, but yeah RT @AdamSchefter: Six teams -- CLEV, HOU, GB, DAL, NO, BALT -- put in waiver claims for former 49ers RB MarQueis Gray.

Stupid to keep Ventrone over Gray. Gray has TE starter potential = smart, fast, big. Should have developed Gray for a year. Dahl could do what Ventrone does. Most likely nobody would have picked up Ventrone and we could have signed him back later.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

holy smokes what were we thinking?

I wonder if this many # of teams would've done the same thing if cut Celek instead.

Biderman also says that if McDonald were a more developed blocker, the 9ers might have kept Gray.

I don't remember Walker being used to pass block like some make it seem McDonald or Celek will be used.

I remember Walker chipping players, assist blocking, run blocking...but not one on one like Vernon would.

Damn out of all the teams that claimed him he went to Cleveland, poor guy
I thought we kept 4 TEs with only 5 WRs. Oh well Seely had to have his guys so they better not drop the fu@king ball on special teams this year! Ugh!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Wow im kinda surprised teams were so hot to jump for Gray, Cooper etc, but the only guy that actually caught two tds made t through waivers and onto our practice squad.

A lot of teams paid close attention to Niners off season moves/preseason... wanting to emulate true champions. AND, more importantly, they actually read what's going on in here (much knowledge)

Seriously, I was hoping to keep 4 TEs... no one is immune to the injury bug. I was hoping Gray would at least make it to our PS. He had a chance to be molded into a good utility/versatile player...
[ Edited by LVJay on Sep 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Like you said in another post. We have to be able to give people a break. Apparently, Harbaugh has given Williams a break.

I have no problems with Hawkins getting called back. I have given him that break. I also have no problems with Hawkins not getting called back.

I still harboured some hopes last night until this morning when reports came out saying the 9ers have signed Chris Harper from the Seahawks. Is finished. That means they never wanted Hawkins. Very disappointing news.
Share 49ersWebzone