LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Discuss 49ers' todays cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
You value Ventrone over Tukuafu who can play both offense and defense.

While Tukuafu may be versatile, how effective would you say he is in each of those roles? He's high energy, but in my opinion is not a good DL and Marecic is probably a better lead blocker. Why bother keeping him after Dobbs is eligible to play? I'm curious why you think he adds value to the team.

Very effective as a back up D-lineman, good lead blocker in jumbo situations, how does Ventrone have more value?? Neither Carradine or Dial is healthy, then again they did keep Jerrod-Eddie who I'm pretty high on. D-lineman are far more important than Ventrone.
you dont think the coaching staff appreciated Hawkins tipping the ball 10 feet in the air before the catch?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
MarQueis Gray has been claimed by the Browns. Sucks !!
Cooper claimed by KC
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Cooper claimed by KC

I was hoping he'd stay. He seemed to have had a promising TC.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Cooper claimed by KC

You can't teach 6'2" 192 pounds with speed.
Cooper claimed by KC

Originally posted by Rascal:

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Cooper claimed by KC

Originally posted by Rascal:

I really wanted MarQueis Gray, damn it !!

Let's see whether Chuck Jacobs will survive.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Looks like playing KC in the preseason didn't help as much as we thought after AJ for Baldwin. Good thing our reserve o-line didn't look that great against SD!
Originally posted by bret:
Looks like playing KC in the preseason didn't help as much as we thought after AJ for Baldwin. Good thing our reserve o-line didn't look that great against SD!

LOL...or anyone else! I hate losing any player to another team...even guys who are cut! Would like to be Nebtaska from the 60s and 70s--run a couple hundred guys out on the field in uniform!

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Chuck Jacobs has survived, the 9ers are signing him to the practice squad.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows #49ers will sign WR Chuck Jacobs to the practice squad, source says.

So added Morris, Jacobs, Bykowski to PS.... Hall to KC, Cooper to KC and Gray to Cleveland.

Was kind of hoping we would keep 6 CBs with Cooper and only 4 S's. Guess hurts Cooper not really a ST guy???
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows #49ers will sign WR Chuck Jacobs to the practice squad, source says.

So added Morris, Jacobs to PS.... Hall to Pats?, Cooper to KC and Gray to Cleveland.

Was kind of hoping we would keep 6 CBs with Cooper and only 4 S's. Guess hurts Cooper not really a ST guy???

I thought Hall was signed by KC?

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/09/01/the-day-after-49ers-transaction-tracker/
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

So added Morris, Jacobs to PS.... Hall to Pats?, Cooper to KC and Gray to Cleveland.

I thought Hall was signed by KC?

Yep
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

So added Morris, Jacobs, Bykowski to PS.... Hall to Pats?, Cooper to KC and Gray to Cleveland.

No, Hall to KC as well.
Share 49ersWebzone